Arras Travel Answers

change location

Arras to caberet-Rouge Cemetery

by BrissyCaz Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM

A small group of will be travelling from Paris to Arras by train in May for the day to visit my Great Grandfathers war grave but how would I get to the Caberet-Rouge British Cemetery,Souchez from the railway at Arras??
How much do the local taxis charge .... Will they wait for us?? Are there mini busses available?
Which day would be better to plan this visit .... Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Are there any other sites to see while we are there?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Arras to caberet-Rouge Cemetery

by cubsur Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Useful information here

cwgc.org/search/cemetery_det...

It says it's only a couple of miles from Arras but I make it more than 6! A taxi might wait but you shouldn't have a problem phoning for one when your visit is over.

There are only four buses a day to Souchez, so it looks like a taxi is the only way. It does along the road where the cemetery is situated.

Bus times

tadao.fr/upload/circuits_sco...

I hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi,

Here is an interesting brochure that will help see if there are any other sites to interest you. Change the language right at the top of the page towards the right .

cheminsdememoire-nordpasdeca...

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM

you wont have a problem from the arras train station to take a taxi there, its a big business. A taxi ride of about 4 kms on the road to Bethune,go by there on way to family in the nord, will probably cost you about 10-15 euros ,estimates as I dont take taxi,have my car ::) the tourist office in Arras will answer all your questions as they get questioned a lot. Email
    arras.tourisme@ot-arras.fr

The area of Arras has several places nearby such as Vimy(CAnadian), and in Arras the underground tunnels where the British held for 22 days,the entry of the tunnels is on place d'heros inquiry at tourist office for passes as it is not freely open. inside the tourist office is the Beffroi, with beautiful history of WWI in Arras and all the Nations that participated.
    HOpe it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines