Arnhem

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Holland pass . Is it worth ?

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM

We are four people going to Amsterdam for two days. We are planning to visit Anne franks house , kuekenhof gardens, two hour city bus tour, rjiksmuseum , Van Gogh museum , vondlepark and go to dam square .
      We read that the pass does not involve ride to scipol airport . So should we buy holland pass or travel on our own ?
      Does it prove to be cheaper ?
      Also , can we buy the holland pass in Amsterdam itself or is it necessary to buy it online ?

more
    • Bulb fields by air

Lelystad Apr 14, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Are there any trips, by air, over the bulb fields?

more
    • Restaurants

Zandvoort Apr 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Restaurant suggestions?

more
    • Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

more
    • Beetroot powder & saffron flowers - den bosch

Den Bosch Apr 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi,
      Any idea where i can get beetroot powder and saffron flowers in den bosch?

more
    • Tour Groups

Amsterdam Mar 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Recommendation of tour groups for day trip to Brugges from Amsterdam.

more
    • activities for children

Breda 8 hours ago

I'm visiting Breda for the first time, what good activities are out there for kids?

more
    • Grady_S's Profile Photo

About food and places to eat in Leeuwarden

Leeuwarden Apr 15, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Where can I eat cheap in Leeuwarden?
      Looking for cheap places to eat

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

GVB card travel system

Amsterdam Apr 5, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi I am traveling to Amsterdam in Mid April. I have booked Hotel Ibis airport. I am planning to buy GVB chip card.
      Does GVB have any buses which can drop me near Ibis Airport. Please help because if GVB doesn't have any bus then traveling will be getting costly for me on daily basis.

I am travelling from Hamburg to Amsterdam buy Train .

If any more suggestion please suggest

Thanks
      Saumya

more
    • Coffee shops in Middelburg Netherlands

Middelburg Mar 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM

are there coffee shops in Middelburg like in Amsterdam? I have heard so many conflicting news articles on the matter. I will be visiting soon. Should I stop in Amsterdam before coming to Middelburg?

more
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

more
    • is there a direct bus between Roosendaal and Antwerp??

Roosendaal Yesterday

is there a direct bus between Roosendaal and Antwerp??

more
    • Amsterdam to Lauwersoog

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I wish to go from Amsterdan to Lauwersoog
      I have been told to get a train to Groningen or Leeuwarden
      and then a bus.

Which would be better ? Groningen or Leeuwarden
      From which train station in Amsterdam do these trains go from ??
      thanks
      Dewi

more
    • Holland pass

Amsterdam Apr 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM

We are in amsterdam for 2 days and want to visit kukenhoff gardens want to see Rijiiks museum van gaugh museum canal tour of city etc.should we buy holland pass 2 which means 1gold 1 silver ticket and it says exchnge your gold & silver ticket for kukenhoff . And only one entry to Rijiks museum per pass . Does it mean we can see Rijiks & kukenhoff both by buying Holland pass. Also pl tell can we buy holland pass after landing in Amsterdam or to buy online before? And any site to claerify our doubts .

more
    • flying to Staphorst

Staphorst Mar 31, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Can i fly into staphorst? if not can you advise me of the nearest airport please?

Thanks

more
    • From Eindhoven Airport to Centerparcs de Kempervennen

Eindhoven Mar 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Hi . I am looking for a price to get a family of 21 from Eindhoven Airport to Centerparcs de Kempervennen and back 30 June and 7th July 2014.
      Any suggestions please?
      pecaro@yahoo.com

more
    • transit visa

Schiphol Mar 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM

hi, if i am traveling from mumbai to cork via amsterdam. i have a connecting flight in amsterdam after 2hrs. i hold the visa for Ireland. do i need to have transit visa.

more
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

SIM CARD FOR DONGLE

Netherlands Mar 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Hi all,

I will be traveling on a barge for 2 weeks in the Netherlands, and will need a sim card for my dongle.

The dongle supports the 850 and 2100 mhz bands.

I only want it for internet, not phone.

Any recomendations on a provider to go with for this, and what the price rang will be?

Also, can I get the sim card at the airport? or would it be cheaper elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

STEVE♠

more
    • day trip to kukenhoff gardens

Amsterdam Apr 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

We are reaching amsterdam on 6 may 2014 by 11.30 am and want to visit kukenhoff gardens .1 do we need to buy tickrts online beforehand or can we by at airport scipol ? The entry to gardens closes by 6.30 pm but can we move inside after this time and how long the day is in amsterdam so that we can enjoy completely

more
    • tempura's Profile Photo

Wadden loop

Pieterburen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hello,
      We (2 adults and 1 child 10 years) plan a 3 hours wadden loop (zwerftocht) from Pieterburen. The organisator told us there is no problem to do this with a 10 years old child but I have some doubts about it. Has somebody experience with such a mud hiking ?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • KLM Transit - Baggage

Amsterdam Apr 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I am doing a round trip in Europe TPE-AMD-WAW-MSK-BEG-AMD-BRU-AMD-TPE, while first stop at AMD supposed to be transit. However, for the first part of AMD-WAW-MSK-BEG-AMD, I would like to leave the luggage at the Schiphol Airport baggage depot.

I found online that Baggage Depot at Schiphol Airport is at the arrival hall, so have some questions:
      1. Does it mean I must to first enter the country and leave my bag at baggage depot and depart again?
      2. Can I check in 1 bag TPE-AMD-WAW all the way and another TPE-AMD and only clear this one for baggage depot? Or must I clear 2 bags and recheck in for AMD-WAW?
      3. Does anyone have any idea if baggage depot opens on Easter Monday?

Thanks for all your help.

Amy

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Something like 'On the Dijk"

Amsterdam Mar 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I am trying to find a restaurant my son recommended that is near the Ann Frank House. The name is something similar to 'On the Dijk'....not sure of the exact name. Can you help?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Will tulips be in bloom by April 6th?

Amsterdam Mar 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Fodors says:
      "Timing can be volatile, but there's a general progression from croci in the middle of March, daffodils and narcissi from the end of March to the middle of April, early tulips and hyacinths from the second week of April to the end of the month, and late tulips immediately afterward. An early or late spring can shift these approximate dates by as much as two weeks."

We are wondering if, by chance Amsterdam is having an early spring or a warm spell. We'd love to see the tulips!

more
    • From Gelredome, Arnhem to Schiphol Airport

by ItalianTraveller1 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Hi everyone,
      I will be in Arnhem on 2nd February 2014 morning, i will be attending Hard Bass (an hardstyle event) and I need to arrive to the Schiphol Airport at least at 8:30 - 8:40 am. I know there are no trains that can bring me there so I would like to know if anyone could tell me which is the cheapest taxi service i may take and how much does it will take in terms of time.

5 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • Guided tour in Arnhem

by jeimantas Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Good day, Ms/Mr,
      I am Eimantas from Lithuania. Sorry for disturbing, but I would like to ask a few questions regard-ing the guided tour in Arnhem. :) My questions would be:

1. If our group consisted from 73 people, would it be possible to arrange a guided tour for them in order to show the places of the battles in WWII?
      2. What prise would be for the tour?

I would so appreciate if You could provide some info ar at least where I should apply to.
      Thanks in advance and have a good time!
      Respectfully,
      Eimantas
      e/mail: jjeimantas@gmail.com

8 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

accommodation

by seanmccurry Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM

HI all. My wife and I are planning to visit Arnhem September 2014 for the Airborne drop 70th anniversary. We would like recommendations to stop please. We plan getting a ferry from Hull UK to Rotterdam. Is there a train station near the port we can get a train to Arnhem. Thanks Sean.

4 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • Moped rental

by Rogermarsh Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Can I rent a moped in the Gelderland?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • Internet-cafe

by Jebir Online Now Jun 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hello there

Going to Arnhem next week, to the VakantiePark Arnhem, and just learned that they do not have WiFi on the site.
      Therefore I was wondering if anyone can point me to an internetcafe in Arnhem, or tell me if there is somewhere near the Vakantiepark it is possible to use WiFi?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • Train to Amsterdam and back

by Jebir Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Hey there

While planning our trip to Arnhem we talked about a day-trip to Amsterdam.

I would prefer to go by train, but can someone tell med the duration and price of such a trip? We were talking about leaving arnhem in the morning and returning by (late) evening.

Thanks in advance,
      Mikkel

3 Answers Jun 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    • Fleamarkets and more?

by Jebir Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hello there

Going to Arnhem in the first week of july, and was wondering if there are any good places to go for fleamarkets (used/old stuff) in the vicinity between the 2-8/7?

Furthermore, I am looking for info on farmshops etc (small shops on local farms selling their own produce, wine, fruit, cider etc.). We came across one a couple of years ago, but I cannot remember where precisely so any pointers would be appreciated :-)

5 Answers Jun 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    • Commuting by car from Amsterdam to Arnhem

by Fap Online Now May 19, 2012 at 6:37 AM

What is the travel time for job commuting by car from Amsterdam to Arnhem? I need to live in Amsterdam due to international schools and the office in Arnhem is quite a distance from the railway station.

Will drive Amsterdam to Arnhem in morning, and opposite in evening.

Thanks

6 Answers May 28, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    • seaborne's Profile Photo

gasstation near Central Station

by seaborne Online Now Mar 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM

We will be renting a car in arnhem for a few days. Before returning it we'll have to fill it up with gas. Could anyone tell me where the nearest gasstation from Central Trainstation is. Thank you so much!

3 Answers Mar 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    • ranger49's Profile Photo

Location of River Cruise Ship Docks

by ranger49 Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 7:55 AM

We will be docking in Arnhem on board river boat MS Johann Strauss on April 2nd but I have not got the location of the dock/s.

Can anyone please advise the approximate walking distance to the central train station where I believe it is possible to take a bus to the Airbourne Museum at Oosterbeek.. many thanks.

7 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    • Europa Radweg from Arnhem to (? maybe Berlin)

by pjcoops Online Now Sep 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I'm planning a trip with my family - 2 adults, 2 teenagers - to start in Arnhem and bicycle the R1 Radweg for 2 weeks in the Spring 2012. Please let me know - Is it possible to hire bicycles in Arnhem for the trip, or should we ship our bikes (we're coming from Oregon, USA).
      We do a lot of cycling in Oregon, and have traveled quite and lived in Europe, but we haven't done a long cycling journey there. What should we expect?
      Thankyou for any help.
      PJ

2 Answers Oct 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • Parking in Arnhem

by bernatquesada Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Hello,
      I intend to drive from Barcelona to Holland next August. My plan to leave the car parked in Arnhem and go around Holland by bike.
      I would like to know which possibilities I have to leave the car parked in Arnhem for around 10 days. I have read about Transferium Arnhem and seen their daily rates. Do you know whether is possible to leave the car there for more than one day?. Should I look for another kind of parking if I want to leave the car for 10 days?.

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    • Resturants

by 1369chicken Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I am travelling to Arnhem in May with two teenage football teams. There are 50+ of us and I am looking for a modern venue witha good choice of foods. Any recommendations.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 25, 2011 at 4:28 AM
    • Visiting Arnhem

by FrankMachin Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Hi all
      I wonder if anyone could assist me?
      I'm visiting Amsterdam on Saturday 27th November 2010 by P&O Ferry from Kingston Upon Hull, I arrive at about 08.00am at Amsterdam port. I would like to make a trip to the Arnhem Battlefield and it's museums. Could anyone advise me on which train station i should use in Amsterdam to get to Arnhem? The correct Arnhem station I should arrive at?

It would also be very helpful if anyone could advise me on the train times going and coming back from Arnhem so i do not miss my return ferry back to Hull.

Any help would much appreciated

14 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    • Arnhem Public Transport

by masterjay Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hi first time poster here o/

I am looking for some help, my friends and i are going to Qlimax 2010, which is held in the Gelredome on 27th November

We will be staying at this hotel Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem, Amsterdamseweg 505, 6816 VK Arnhem, and are looking on how to get from there to the city and back, preferably by bus as its cheaper.

I tried looking on Connexxxion.nl, but got confused as its very limited in english. so if anyone could give us some help with buses and/or prices, we would be very graetful

Thanks

Jay

4 Answers Oct 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    • laundromat near riverboat dock

by kathy10 Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM

We will visit Arnhem in November on a Viking riverboat cruise. After touring Arnhem in the morning, we will need to do some laundry. Please recommend a laundromat within walking distance of the riverboat cruise dock. Thank you

4 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    • What to do in september?

by Jebir Online Now Aug 29, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Hi there :-)

So, september is closing in again, and we will be at Camping Warnsborn from the 13-19. - our 4th visit there, and loving it - and Arnhem in general!

We are mainly there to take part in the commemmoration of Market-Garden, but have decided to spend a couple of "extra" days in Arnhem - and we are wondering how we should spend them :-)

We are planning on visiting Burgers Zoo (been there a couple of years ago, and loved it), and the Airborne Museum.

Other than that, our schedule is empty until the commemmoration starts.

As mentioned, we have been to Arnhem a couple of times before, and have seen the tourist-side of the commemmoration, so we are mainly looking for 2 things;

- good tips as to what to do in the days before the commemmoration - sights that we need to see, funny, quirky little shops or events that we can't miss

- and if there's something we can't miss during the commemmoration. We have been to the drops at Ginkel Heath the last couple of years (and will be going again), and the service in Oosterbeek sunday - but what else should we look for?

Our main interests is in history, but all advice is welcome :-)

Thanks in advance,
      Mikkel

(Note; we are travelling in car, so we can leave Arnhem for the area nearby too, if there's something we just can't miss)

4 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 3:05 AM
    • travel to Arnhem

by cskatz Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM

How do I get to Arnhem by train from the hotel deVeenen, Ouderkerkerlaan 19, AmstelveenArnhem

1 Answer Aug 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    • Arnhem to Cologne by train?

by lakesideowner Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 7:48 AM

In early May, my wife and I will be staying in Arnhem. We need to visit Cologne for one day. We need to return to Arnhem later (evening) the same day. Our wish would be to leave Arnhem around 8:00AM and return around 8:00PM. We would appreciate any advice, suggestions, ideas, etc. How long is the trip to Cologne? Roughly how much would it cost (round trip)? Do we need to purchase tickets in advance? Are their any tips or things to be aware of? Thanks! - Ron

2 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    • Easter in Arnhem

by mdenise Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I'm taking a river cruise through Holland in April and will be in Arnhem for Easter with my family. We are interested in attending a Christian church service on Easter Sunday and would like a few recommendations of churches that are near the center city where, I presume, the river boat will dock. Might there also be services in English? A morning service (before 11:00) is prefered.
      Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 2:35 AM
    • holiday

by johncorry Online Now Feb 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM

my wife and i are going to a concert 19-may in arnhem
      would also like to take in amsterdam and its canals etc
      plus maybe a mini-cruise from ams to arnhem

got any advice and/or websites

rgds

2 Answers Feb 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    • Bashir-1's Profile Photo

Any Italian Cafe in Arnhem?

by Bashir-1 Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 8:52 PM

We are looking for Italian Cafe, and Pizzeria in Arnhem. Any one can guide us?

2 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    • Rental house for 28 May - 5 June?

by aliwats Online Now Apr 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about renting a house in Arnhem for a week? I need a house for 4-8 people, furnished. We are from Amsterdam and will be participating in the Mode Biennale that week. Please let me know if you know any helpful sites where I can find this information or if you know of a house available!
      Thank you!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    • Questions about Arnhem and Amsterdam,please?

by Fionasisi Online Now Mar 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Hi there,
      i am going to Arnhem Cup during this Easter and would like to visit Arnhem and Amsterdam.Can anyone give me some suggestions about the Arnhem city and the routine from Arnhem to Amsterdam?detail questions are as below:
      1)i am going to live in Arnhem Cup,can anyone tell me address of this place and advice how to go from the Cup place to Amsterdan?i know it's probably by bus and train,but can any one advice the detail direction,station names and time?when is the earliest time possible from Arnhem to Amsterdam and the last train back from Amsterdam to Arnhem?

2)Any recommendation about places in Arnhem that worth to visit?

4 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM
    • macal's Profile Photo

Searching for acquaintances/new friends in Arnhem

by macal Online Now Oct 14, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Hiii,

I'm coming over to Arnhem on October 21, n will be stayin there for about 4 days. I would like to know the places to visit, nice hangouts (if there are any), etc etc?
      Also if anybody is interested in hanging out with me there??
      Plzz push in your mail id or contact info for me to respond.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    • Scooter/ bike rental

by tephlon Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 7:20 AM

Hey all,

I am a Canadian Soldier and am going to holland for the Nijmegen march. After I want to spend some time in Arnhem, and would like to know where is good to rent a scooter or bicycle, and what the cost in euro's for the rental.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM
    • seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Sundays

by seoulgirl Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Is there anything open on Sunday? Are restaurants in the Korenmarkt area open?

1 Answer Jun 7, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    • Trolley bus in Arnhem

by jacko34 Online Now May 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Thank you for your information on Arhem, does the trolley bus have a commentary, is it hop off hop on.
      Does it return to the same place, if so how long would the round journey take.

Thank you for your help.

Jacko34

1 Answer Jun 1, 2008 at 1:34 PM
    • Trolley bus in Arnhem

by jacko34 Online Now May 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Thank you for your information on Arjem, does the trolley bus have a commentary, is it hop off hop on.
      Does it return to the same place, if so how long would the round journey take.

Thank you for your help.

Jacko34

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    • travel to arnhem

by marvathome Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 6:23 AM

hi,i am going to travel over to arnhem in september for the airborne wandeltocht and will be camping any advice on travel would be cool

6 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 7:47 AM