Arnhem Travel Answers

change location

Parking in Arnhem

by bernatquesada Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Hello,
I intend to drive from Barcelona to Holland next August. My plan to leave the car parked in Arnhem and go around Holland by bike.
I would like to know which possibilities I have to leave the car parked in Arnhem for around 10 days. I have read about Transferium Arnhem and seen their daily rates. Do you know whether is possible to leave the car there for more than one day?. Should I look for another kind of parking if I want to leave the car for 10 days?.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Parking in Arnhem

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM

General Arnhem parking policy at:

arnhem.nl/english/content.js...

Map with the major Arnhem parking garages:

arnhem.nl/english/dsresource...

The transferium is a free 645 car parking lot; bus 7 brings you to the Arnhem station. It could be that the lot is closed during an event in the weekend (popconcert or soccer game).

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Parking in Arnhem

by bernatquesada Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thank you for your piece of advice Pieter.

Is Holland such a safe country that a foreign car can be parked for 10 days in a free parking-lot and not to find it without wheels at his return?

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Parking in Arnhem

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I can give no guarantee for that.

The other moth at Amsterdam some Romenian stole single wheels from 40 cars just for the scrap metal value.

A foreign car left for 10 days on a public parking might also attract the attention of the (parking) police.

I might be a better option to have a deal with a hotel you are staying, to have it parked there, while staff keeps an eye on it.

.... you could change your question into: Is any local Arnhem VT member willingly to watch my parked car (next to their home if that is possible).

Let's s ee if any of the Arnhem area members reacts.

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines