Arnhem Travel Answers

change location

What are the places I should not miss in Arnhem

by pechora98 Online Now Apr 8, 2005 at 5:13 AM

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Eindhoven to Arnhem by train / bus. Can someone help me in making a list of places I should not miss seeing. I am interested in the military history and also in understanding the old culture, heritage of this area.

Would love to invite any memeber in this forum to have a cup of coffee or beer while I visit this place. The planned date of travel is 09th April 2005.

Cya.

Paul

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

RE: What are the places I should not miss in Arnhem

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Apr 8, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Hey, Paul ... here it's Paul (but this one is from Arnhem!),

In Arnhem you have three options.

You are here for the town itself and go to the centre for some shopping or just a walk through the lifely shoppingstreets, a visit to the Eusebius tower (lift to the top and a great view), enjoy a drink (and more) on the Korenmarkt, watch the historic places where the battle was fought and possibly go with bus number 1 to Oosterbeek and go to the Airborne museum. Furthermore a definate must is to walk through the Sonsbeek park, which can be easily reached from the centre through a walk of ten minutes. This exceptionaly beautiful citypark is a true joy for eyes. Everyting can be reread on my Arnhem pages:
    "Arnhem, green, green and more green" - Arnhem by Pavlik_NL

Another option of a day in Arnhem can be the choice to visit either the magnificent Burgers Zoo, with it's beautiful and differnt parts: Desert, Bush, Ocean and Safari (www.burgerszoo.nl). Next to the Zoo is the Dutch Open Air museum, also a big hit when you like to see old Dutch culture, buildings and landscapes (www.openluchtmuseum.nl).

Finally and actually North of Arnhem, nature and art lovers can become happier then anywhere else, by visiting the National Park "De Hoge Veluwe" including it's Kroller Muller museum. Here the largest Van Gogh collection is present, besides much more wonderful art. Highlight in the national park is besides the nature also the Sint Hubertus Jachtslot (www.hogeveluwe.nl).

More questions, please, just ask me in an e-mail. If you know Dutch, this language - of course - also can be used.

Best regards and have a great day in my hometown: Arnhem

Paul

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What are the places I should not miss in Arnhem

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 8, 2005 at 9:17 AM

I agree with Pavlik, Arnhem has great small shpos in the city center.

One more tip: Huis Zypendaal, see: geldersekastelen.nl/terreine...

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines