Armenia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• National/folk dance and music

Yerevan Mar 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be travelling to Yerevan in the last week of August 2014. My greatest interest is folk dance and/or national dance. I've been told the National group will not be performing in Yerevan during that week. Can someone tell me where I will find alternatives?

more
    • Train Travel from Tbilisi to Yerevan

Yerevan Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Hi There,
      We are planning to take the night train from Tbilisi to Yerevan on May 25th, arriving in Yerevan on the morning of May 26th. However, we have read conflicting information about the train schedule to and from Yerevan and we are unsure whether the evening train will be available on the 25th. Would anyone be able to confirm whether there is an evening train from Tbilisi to Yerevan every evening?

Many thanks in advance!

more
    • car rental

Yerevan Apr 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Hello people anyone can tell me where can I rent a car for my Caucasus trip? I'm going to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan, I need some good car rental company with accaptable prices and good cars :)
      thank you for all oyur suggestions

more
    • Train Travel from Tbilisi to Yerevan

Yerevan Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Hi There,
      We are planning to take the night train from Tbilisi to Yerevan on May 25th, arriving in Yerevan on the morning of May 26th. However, we have read conflicting information about the train schedule to and from Yerevan and we are unsure whether the evening train will be available on the 25th. Would anyone be able to confirm whether there is an evening train from Tbilisi to Yerevan every evening?

Many thanks in advance!

• car rental

Yerevan Apr 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Hello people anyone can tell me where can I rent a car for my Caucasus trip? I'm going to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan, I need some good car rental company with accaptable prices and good cars :)
      thank you for all oyur suggestions

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • National/folk dance and music

Yerevan Mar 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be travelling to Yerevan in the last week of August 2014. My greatest interest is folk dance and/or national dance. I've been told the National group will not be performing in Yerevan during that week. Can someone tell me where I will find alternatives?

• Getting along in Armenia

Armenia Nov 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I wanted to ask, if a you are stopped by law enforcement in Armenia - If the policeman asks for money, should you pay him or her? Or should one say that you don't want to pay? Would not willing to pay bribry lead to severe trouble?

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    • KamilaBB's Profile Photo

Car Rental Services in Armenia and Police

Armenia Nov 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Dear All

My family and me are planning a trip to Armenia. We would like to rent a car and drive ourselves.
      First of all I would like from you to suggest some car rental companies like http://naniko.am in Yerevan.
      Naniko has great prices but I am searching may be there are cheaper ones.

My second questions is about police. I have heard that post soviet union countries (instead of Georgia) has problems with police (GAI ? ). They are stopping foreigners just for no reason and ask money. Is it right or situation is changed?

Thanks

3 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM
    • Finsu's Profile Photo

Armenian Visa on Arrivel information

Armenia Oct 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM

My Name is Susan.I am a House Wife.I am planning to visit my friend on Oct 24th. I asked to many travels about visa procedure but they couldn't help me..What i need to visit Armenia??Did i need invitation letter???what i have to show in emigration???please help me as soon as possible.

5 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    • naruto's Profile Photo

ATM pins in Armenia (and Georgia)

Armenia Oct 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the ATMs in Armenia (and Georgia as well) use only 4-digit pins, as is common in Europe?

I have been reading up on this subject and pretty much most travel forums are saying that ATMs in most European countries only accept 4-digit pins.

My bank in my country only issues 5 and 6 digits pins for ATM cards, so I hope to sort this out soon before I leave for Armenia in a week.

Thanks!

9 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    • expat living in armenia

Armenia Sep 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hello there

I have been living in both the UK and Australia in my life. I have been thinking of living in armenia for a year. I just see Armeia as a really ice but peaceful nation. One of my friends in Iran lived in Yerevan for 3 years so if he can do it i can do it

I once emailed the Armenian consulate in London asking for a visa but they told me goto armenia visa free (UK PASSPORT) and get a residence permit from the police office

I am asking anyone from europe that has lived in armenia for any length of time for any advice. How did you go with getting a job and working since rent isnt really that expensive (min 300 USD a month)

even if i couldnt work or not i would be happy to live in yerevan for 6 months in a house and do some traveling around the country (including NK) and visiting its Neighbours Georgia & Iran *(went there last year to visit a friend)

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Climbing Mount Aragats

Yerevan Jul 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hello all, i am visiting Armenia for just a few days in late August and am thinking of heading to Mount Aragats to climb it. Whilst i am an experienced 'walker', im not used to climbing so high (highest ive been is 2500m)
      I have a few questions:
      1) is it best to take a guide, is this possible, where from?
      2) should i allow for any acclimitisation, or should i be fine if go slowly and do it in a day?
      3) Are there clear paths or do i need a special OS hiking map?

Thanks, and any other advice much appreciated

Dave

4 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • weather conditions in august in armenia

Armenia Jun 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM

hiii i m gng fr 15 days in armenia so can u pls tel wat would be weather conditions thre and what type of clothes to carry???
      winters like woolens
      or summers or semi woolens
      pls tel temperature there

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • Tatlum's Profile Photo

Are Tourist Offices Easily Found in Yerevan?

Armenia May 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I will be traveling solo to Armenia for about a week this fall. I would love to hook up with a two or three day tour to see some of the country. In Istanbul there are tourist agencies on every corner. In Beirut I had to work hard to find even one. What are the odds of finding something in Yerevan? I don't want to book anything in advance if I don't have to. I prefer to be more spontaneous if possible. Thank you for any information you may have.

6 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • Cash machines in Armenia

Armenia May 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

HI - well I am seriously considering going to Armenia, and soon (June) - I have been reading that there are very few cash distributors - ATMS in American - in the country. Is this true? Normally I simply rely on my card. Carrying large amounts of cash seems undesirable, and I would be staying at budget kind of places, the kind that normally don't take cards. Can anyone advise me on this? I would be staying several weeks, taking my time like I like to do. Thanks, Jean

18 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    • Temps and traditional festivals in summer

Armenia Apr 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

HI - Armenia has been on my wish list for a while - and looking at online photos and info the other day, plus reading those warm, sweet replies (everyone likes Armenians it seems! :)) makes me want to go even more. However the best time for me would be the summer months, and I am really not happy in intense heat. I have even seen it advised to travel in spring or fall. However, the other one day one site said that is Yerevan it is quite hot, but up in the mountains etc it is pleasant. (That, however, was a tourist agency site!!) What is the truth? Also, my passion is traditional music and dance, and the Armenian variety is fabulous. When are the main festivals? Thanks so much, Jean

10 Answers May 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    • tatsi's Profile Photo

armenian navigation maps for garmin

Armenia Mar 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Is possible to buy armenian navigation maps for Garmin and where?
      I live in Slovenia.
      Thanks. Silvester

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • hostel or something

Aparan Feb 25, 2013 at 5:46 AM

is it possible to stay at some place in Aparan? and do you know if there are some NGOs there?

• Safe to travel in Armenia as a single lady?

Armenia Feb 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hi,

I am Israeli and I have been planning to visit Armenia in the summer. I am just starting to plan the trip. I am debating whether I should sign up for a guided tour or just buy the airline tickets and visit sites on my own. I wanted to ask whether it is safe to travel in Armenia as a woman? Are there areas where women should not be walking around on their own? Where can I find this type of information about safety before I plan to visit a location?

Thank you so much!

7 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • missalg's Profile Photo

Ten days or so in Armenia in July; Yerevan plus ?

Armenia Feb 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Hello!
      I am hoping to travel to Armenia in July, being there for Vardavar (July 7 this year, I believe?) My plan is to stay for five or six days in Yerevan in an apartment and travel out from there on day trips, and then to go to another "base" location and do day trips from there as well. I was thinking of possibly Goris or Dilijan for this, but I am quite open to suggestions...or would it make just as much sense to stay in Yerevan the whole time? I will probably be going on to Moscow for a few days at the end of the trip, and altogether (with travel time) I will have 16 or 17 days.

I am 48, female, and will most likely be traveling solo. I'm used to solo/independent travel; I don't drive, so I'll need to use public transportation/day tours. I like to walk and am interested in history/culture/nature, not so much nightlife or beaches. (Not that this is so much an issue with Armenia.)

Thanks for any help or suggestions you would like to give!

4 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Exchanging Drams outside of Armenia

Armenia Aug 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hi all,

So I had a brilliant time in Yerevan but I now have a little problem. I brought some Armenian money back (about150 worth) thinking I could exchange it but no one will touch it here in Dubai. It's not even on their systems!

I am travelling to Europe (Croatia, Slovenia and Italy) in a couple of weeks, do you know if any of those countries accept Armenian Drams? It would be a shame to lose my money, although I guess I could always go back to Armenia for another holiday!

Thanks

Natalie

8 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

What to wear in Yerevan?

Yerevan Aug 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Hi all,

I'm off to Yerevan tomorrow morning and am wondering what to pack. Are the Armenians particularly conservative? Do I need to cover shoulders and knees or are summer clothes like singlet tops, shorts, strapless dresses OK?

I'll bring a pashmina just in case as I always do but I don't want to bring completely the wrong thing!

We are staying in Yerevan, walking around and also doing a day trip to the Monasteries and Lake Sevan.

Thanks!

Natalie

2 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM
    • ShaghayeghC's Profile Photo

how Can I go to Sevan and WaterWorld by Bus

Yerevan Aug 1, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Hello
      I am planning to go to Yerevan Next Week with lowest price for my trip
      how can I go to Waterworld and Sevan Lake by bus ?

• ARMENIA

Armenia Apr 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi everybody, next august ill be visiting Armenia with a group for 10 days.
      im planning to stay for some days more, by my own maybe, i will really like to visit some other places, not the common ones.
      maybe some eco turism, country side house, hikking, mountains maybe?

ill be glad if u can give me some information, or if u are planning this kind of tours as well in august, why not to keep in touch

Mikael

2 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • how much money i have to pay for entrying by my own car to Armenia (Yerevan)?

Armenia Mar 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I am going travel to Armenia by my own Car from Iran. now question is, How much money i have to pay to Armenia government for entrying? (i paid some money to my government -Iran- for getting international documents and transiting for car)

Any one else can helps me ?

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 16, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    • etfromnc's Profile Photo

How can I best get to know Armenia (mostly Yerevan) in two weeks?

Yerevan Mar 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I will be in Yerevan from 17-31 March 2012. I will be teaching in the afternoons and early evenings. My accommodations have been arranged but I would appreciate any suggestions on places to eat at anytime and things to do in the mornings which would help me to have the most genuine memories of Armenia. I think that the middle Saturday and Sunday of my stay will also be free. I might also do some late evening outings but I am no longer the guy who tries to go non-stop around the clock.
      How accessible is Mt. Ararat?
      The only other things I know about Armenia are that I bought the home in which I currently live from a very nice Armenian couple and that the Armenian people were victims of one of the most horrific genocides in history about 100 years ago.
      Thanks for any help!!!

4 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM
    • scanos's Profile Photo

Travelling to Armenia

Armenia Feb 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM

has anyone any travel tips on Armenia. I would love to go to see the ancient sites. Any tips, opinions are welcomed.

5 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    • grizzlypeak's Profile Photo

Driving myself in Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan

Armenia Dec 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Plan to travel next fall in Armenia, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. What is your opinion of renting cars in these countries and driving?

3 Answers Dec 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    • sugar74's Profile Photo

Tourist Visa

Armenia Oct 8, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

I am a Pakistani passport holder residing in Dubai. I would like to visit Yerevan for a short holiday but need a invitation letter, how am I to obtain this document? Being a tourist obviously means I do not know anyone there!

If I book a hotel, will they help in acquiring a tourist visa?

regards,

Uzma

1 Answer Jun 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    • Question for my next destination

Yerevan Oct 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hello dear VT-friends,
      Since I've changed my mind (I switched from Yerevan to Budapest).
      I would like to thank all of you for responding.
      I'm still doubting anyway. But money and schedule are not in the right position to do both...Do you people suggest the best: Budapest or Yerevan? Looking for culture and ancient architecture!
      My schedule will be: Traveldates from 18 until 20 octobre 2011. Maybe there are some nice festivals or so. Looking for a fancy place to have a nice diner as well at the 19th of octobre. Please let me know and thanks a lot again! I'll post a message on the Budapest forum as well ;-)

8 Answers Dec 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    • Looking for B&B in Yerevan

Yerevan Oct 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Yerevan on October 23d ,How can I find a good bed and breakfast with a reasonable price

2 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • Nork hotel? holly translators ceremony?

Yerevan Sep 20, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Dear friends,hi

I’m Azita from Iran. I’m going to Armenia. I’d like to take part in a ceremony called “holly translators” on ninth October in the city ushakan (I ‘m not sure about the spell of city’s name,it’s one hour far from Yerevan).
      Does anybody know about this ceremony?

One another question,is Nork hotel a good hotel?

Thanks for your replies and for helping me in my travel to Armenia.
      Good luck
      Azita

• Question for my next destination

Yerevan Aug 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Hi dear friends!
      Never been there, but I'm excited. I'll arrive at Yeravan at 22nd oct. I'm looking for a nice place for a businessmeeting on the 24th at around 7pm. I was thinking about the Marriot. Do they have a suitable bar and restaurant? Suggestions are very welcome.

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 3:31 AM