Armenia Travel Answers

change location

how much money i have to pay for entrying by my own car to Armenia (Yerevan)?

by ubignor Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I am going travel to Armenia by my own Car from Iran. now question is, How much money i have to pay to Armenia government for entrying? (i paid some money to my government -Iran- for getting international documents and transiting for car)

Any one else can helps me ?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: how much money i have to pay for entrying by my own car to Armenia (Yerevan)?

by GyuriFT Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 5:56 AM

You maybe did it wrong - while Iran is in the "Green Card" system, Armenia is NOT. So you will need to pay borderline insurance to enter Armenia or Georgia or Azerbaijan - and your "Green Card" you got from Iranian government is totally useless there.

The good news, the card is valid in Turkey, Ukraina, Russia (for sake of joke: Israel, no kidding!) and all other European countries and territories, excluding Kosovo.

You do not need Carnet for these countries either, nor for any country or territory of exUSSR, so you probably have documents you do not need at all.

The procedure on the border is reported to be as follows:

- you pay about60 for the insurance (your G/C is not valid, it's a toilet paper in Armenia)
    - you pay for an entry VISA(!!!) for your car (not to be confused with a visa for humans in the passport), that is reported to be something in50 range
    - you pay for an exit VISA(!!!) for your car, that is someting in20 range

All that happens as you enter in person, of course nothing is done on-line but maybe the Armenian consulate can provide some tidbits of information, I doubt it tough.

It's basically a rip-off but.... most countries in Central/East/South Europe have their rip-off schemes just to "get quickly rich" on motorists, unfortunately with old political structures all that money flows nowhere so they won't get rich, not even slowly. :(

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Armenia Travel Answer Locations