Arlington Travel Answers

change location
ashokreddy's Profile Photo

Travel from DFW Airport to Arlington

by ashokreddy Online Now Apr 27, 2007 at 9:55 PM

I am coming from India to spend 8 days at UTA Arlington. I will be reaching DFW airport on Saturday at 3.30 pm May 12th. How can I go to Arlington from DFW International airport. Is there any bus service or Train?

Thanking you.

ashok

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from DFW Airport to Arlington

by mccalpin Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Ashok, unfortunately, Arlington, Texas, has the distinction of being perhaps the largest city in the U.S. with no public transportation system - no buses or anything. Instead, the city spends its money helping rich people get richer by funding part of the construction of new sports stadiums (oops - I shouldn't be political ;-) ).

To be fair, nowhere in North Central Texas is mass transit well developed; it is presumed that everyone but the poorest of people has a car, and that all visitors will rent a car.

I looked at the UTA website, and it was quite unhelpful to such a sensible question as yours. Hmmmn, two choices: (1) contact UTA and see if there are any shuttles for the particular reason that you are visiting (i.e., if you are coming for some program), and (2) take a taxi (there are always plenty of taxis at DFW).

Sorry...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ashokreddy's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from DFW Airport to Arlington

by ashokreddy Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Thank you for the your clear information on my question. As you suggested, I will contact UTA people. I hope I will contact you for any other information in future

Thanking you,

Ashok

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines