Arizona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• things to do

Flagstaff Dec 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What is there to do in the winter? We'll be there christmas week.

more
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Pro Bowl Newbies

Phoenix Dec 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We will be coming to Phoenix for the Pro Bowl from Texas.
      Yes, we know it is in Glendale, however, having NEVER BEEN to any part of Arizona to vacation, I am needing to know:

What is the best area of Phoenix to stay in… Downtown Phoenix, or Midtown area or …
      We are looking to book hotels and would like to be able to do a bit of walking to dinner and such too!..
      2 couples, "young at heart"….

Thanks a bunch,
      whereonext…

more
    • Christmas Dinner

Flagstaff Dec 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Where can we order a Christmas dinner for takeout while we are there at christmas?

more
    • Travel from Tucson to Yuma To SanDiego on I-10 & I-8

Tucson Dec 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Need to know what precaution to take while driving on this road for my trip to Yuma and San Diego? Any Cell Phone reception duting the trip? Any robberies? Never been to this part of the country. Any Gas Station?? What precaution to take while driving? Day trip or night recommended??

more
    • Christmas Dinner

Flagstaff Dec 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Where can we order a Christmas dinner for takeout while we are there at christmas?

13 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Pro Bowl Newbies

Phoenix Dec 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We will be coming to Phoenix for the Pro Bowl from Texas.
      Yes, we know it is in Glendale, however, having NEVER BEEN to any part of Arizona to vacation, I am needing to know:

What is the best area of Phoenix to stay in… Downtown Phoenix, or Midtown area or …
      We are looking to book hotels and would like to be able to do a bit of walking to dinner and such too!..
      2 couples, "young at heart"….

Thanks a bunch,
      whereonext…

7 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • things to do

Flagstaff Dec 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What is there to do in the winter? We'll be there christmas week.

5 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    • Travel from Tucson to Yuma To SanDiego on I-10 & I-8

Tucson Dec 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Need to know what precaution to take while driving on this road for my trip to Yuma and San Diego? Any Cell Phone reception duting the trip? Any robberies? Never been to this part of the country. Any Gas Station?? What precaution to take while driving? Day trip or night recommended??

13 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Best outline for a driving trip solo to the Navajo Nation area

Canyon de Chelly National Monument Oct 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Hi fellow travelers,

I've had recurring thoughts about the Canyon de Chelly, Antelope Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion/Bryce NP areas and think a nice road trip is in my near future. I'm from Colorado and have traveled extensively in the west, but never really explored these regions. Would anyone please share ideas for incorporating these area/regions in a great 2-3 week road trip for the end of October-November timeframe? Links, websites, leads greatly appreciated.
      I have a tent (but camping solo as a woman?) but also can stay in cheap clean hotels/B&Bs/homestays, etc. I just want a meaningful (not totally touristy) experience. Are there gifts that I might bring to the Navajo Nation that are needed? Books, clothes, ideas?

I teach English and writing and do some artwork - so sharing my skills might be a good volunteer experience to offer the tribe, too. I've volunteered worldwide through HelpX.net and find that when I travel I enjoy most meeting locals, sharing my skills and talents, having a more intense and personal experience. I speak some Spanish, love taking great photos, enjoying regional cultural events/festivals and telling/hearing good stories.

I'd be driving from northern CA, have family in Las Vegas and Phoenix/Tucson but may not make it that far south.
      Thanks for any time, thought and effort offered by you, my fellow world travelers!

DJ

6 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    • Visit Grand Canyon in mid Nov

Grand Canyon Oct 3, 2014 at 4:52 AM

I am planning to drive with 3 friends to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas and stay 2 night there then dirve back to LA. Any advice and suggestion on hotel to stay and routes to follow will be most appreciated.

10 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    • Peteward41's Profile Photo

Tour south ridge

Grand Canyon National Park Sep 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Can anyone suggest a good day tour of south ridge

thanks

6 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • curious just wondering

Sierra Vista Sep 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Is there anything fun to do at night in sierra vista

2 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    • ronploeg4's Profile Photo

Must see in Souther Arizona

Arizona Sep 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Hello all,

We will travel from November 20th till November 30th to the southern part of Arizona. Anyone can tell what we need to see. We have been all above Phoenix. We hope to find more warmth in the south of Arizona. We like nature and the city as well.

Thanks in Advance,
      Ron Ploeg

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    • Where to stay with no car

Phoenix Sep 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hi, we're looking at resorts in Scottsdale in August for family of 2 seniors, 2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 8). We are visiting from the UK and not driving. We need nice pools/ something for the kids, with dining options nearby and shopping a quick cab ride away. We plan to take tours to Tombstone, Apache Trail, Grand Canyon. Is this possible or am I expecting too much ? We have previously done Orlando and Anaheim/LA without a car. Thank you in advance

3 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    • rabbels's Profile Photo

Itenerary Suggestions Phoenix to Yuma to San Diego

Arizona Aug 24, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi there :-)
      I am looking for some suggestions for an upcoming trip. My friend and I will meet in Phoenix on Sept 8, drive to Yuma and spend the night. We will be sailing during the day on the 9th-11th, docking at night on Shelter Island. The 12th we will start making our way back to Phoenix--my flight is on the 14th (like 6 or 7 pm).

I am interested in diner recommendations, can't miss things/places. quirky, random, off the beaten path suggestions of things to see or do in the evenings after sailing or the 12-13th and even part of the 14th (I have an early evening flight). In Az, the radius would be 50-mile radius of Yuma or an 1.5 hour radius of Phoenix. We are considering the Apache Tr scenic by-way to Roosevelt Lake, Castle Dunes, Territorial Prison, Mystery Castle Dome Mines, Jacumba Hot Springs. We have a National Parks Access pass.

Thank you!

4 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Thursday Night Art Walk

Scottsdale Aug 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Can anyone tell me more details this (does it run all year round, how can I find it, what time does it run from)? It looks like it's a weekly event that happens in Scottsdale. I've seen some review say it's on Fifth Avenue, and another review said the Marshall Way Arts District (which could all be the same thing, but I don't know any better).

We will be travelling to PHX from Nov. 13-17, and if we can take part in this, it sounds like fun.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • happydancer's Profile Photo

Trip to Navajo Nation

Navajo National Monument Aug 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Need suggestions for best itinerary for 5 days. Staying about an hour away at a B and B. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Where to hire car from?

Scottsdale Aug 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM

If flying do you fly into Phoenix and then get your hire car there?

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    • Upscale restaurants for groups

Scottsdale Aug 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Top 5 more upscale restaurant to eat for dinner in scottsdale and phoenix

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • Upscale restaurants for groups

Scottsdale Aug 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Top 5 more upscale restaurant to eat for dinner in scottsdale and phoenix

3 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • nashrulhazran's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon Itinerary advise.

Grand Canyon Aug 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Hi All,

im visiting Grand Canyon from Vegas on September 2nd. i already booked 3 days lodge in Grand Canyon National Park and few activities. can i have some advise regarding my trip? your advise will be really helpfull for me. below are my initarary for 5 days. hope to hear your advise regarding this.

Day 1: 1030 - arrive LV from Houston 1100 - drive from LV to Grand Canyon (plan to stop over at Hoover Damn) 1630 - check in at Bright Angel Lodge 1730 - sunset tour

Day 2: 0600 - Drive to find best view for sunrise (appreciate if someone can advise me the best place i can go) 0830 - Mule Ride 1200 - Desert ride tour 1600 - Drive along grand Canyon

Day 3: 0730 - follow ranger hike program 1100 - can someone suggest to me what else i can do there since i hope i can utilize my time in Grand Canyon National Park. I dont have any plan what to do for entire day.

Day 4:
      0530 - Drive to Monument Valley (is it the best time to start the journey?)
      0900 - joint the 2-3 hour Monument Valley tour package
      1200 - Drive to Park,Az
      1600 - Check in Hotel
      1700 - Drive to Wahweap marina to see the sunset

Day 5:
      0600 - Drive to Horseshoe Bend to see the sunrise
      0730 - Halfday Raft in Colorado river
      1300 - Antelope Canyon Tour
      1500 - Drive back to Las Vegas

-end of journey-

is this itinarary will work and i can have the great day in Grand Canyon with this initarary? all your suggestion are much appreciated because it will help me to plan my trip since i will travel alone, i need to plan my journey as good as possible.

Thanks

8 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM
    • We are looking to rent a car to drive from the Grand Canyon to the Hoover Dam

Grand Canyon Jul 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM

My family and I are traveling from NY to the Grand Canyon in an RV this summer. We would like to take a trip to see the Hoover Dam while we are there. Is it possible to rent a car for the day or overnight to do this?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2014 at 5:09 PM
    • Driving from Phoenix to Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon Jul 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM

We will be reaching Phoenix at around 7:30, renting a car and then driving to Phoenix at night.
      Is it safe to do so? Or is it more advisable to spend the night at Phoenix and leave early morning.

8 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    • Safe Winter Snow Driving Conditions (January) from grand canyon to seattle

Grand Canyon National Park Jul 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Hi there, we're from overseas, just wanna ask if its worth driving through the mountain route to seattle from grand canyon via salt lake city or idaho/boise pathway. Not sure if there is gonna be heavy snow, would anyone recommend this route. Which route is the safest during travelling from grand canyon to seattle? besides going to back to the coastal route on the west.

Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Native American festival

Flagstaff Jul 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Are there any Native American festivals in or near Flagstaff this coming weekend? July 19-20?

• AngiBabe's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon ranch

Grand Canyon Jul 13, 2014 at 3:16 PM

My daughter wants to stay at the Grand Canyon ranch for a night at the west rim. Has anyone been before.
      We have been to the the south rim before so we know the west rim isn't actually the n.p. but would quite like to see the sky walk.
      Any tips.

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • Where to buy tickets?

Grand Canyon National Park Jul 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I am visiting the Grand Canyon in a few weeks. My hotel is in Tusayan and I am planning to go by bus to the GC visitor center. According to the park's homepage, a valid park pass must already be presented when entering the bus. The homepage (nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/f...) further says that passes are sold in several businesses in Tusayan, e.g. the IMAX theater.

However, if I got it correctly, then only Vehicle passes are sold in Tusayan but no individual permits. Thus I was wondering where I can get such a pass. The only option I see currently is to walk from Tusayan to the park entrance, buy the ticket, walk back to Tusayan and enter the bus. But this is certainly not how it's intended. I could not find the possibility for online purchases either.

Thanks in advance for any advices.

4 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • places to buy art in Jerome

Jerome Jul 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Are there art galleries in Jerome and if so, what address?

2 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • driving to southern or western part of GC is better?

Grand Canyon Jun 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Is it safe or any risk to pay attention?
      Thank you in advance.
      Pls reply to iamokthankyou@gmail.com
      Best regards
      Peter
      Hong Kong

2 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • Sunset tours by plane

Grand Canyon National Park Jun 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I want to book a sunset tour to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on Thursday 3 July. Scenic Tours has a tour that leaves Las Vegas at 12.30 pm. Can I assume we'd see the sunset if we took this tour?

4 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

Peoria, Arizona to Santa Cruz, CA

Arizona Jun 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Driving from Peoria, AZ to Santa Cruz, CA on Monday. What would be the best way to drive there? Not looking to stop along the way, just want to get there.

5 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    • Recommendations for family visit

Payson Jun 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We want to visit next w/end (Fri.-Mon.) with the family, 2 adults, 2 boys (13, 15). Any recommendations?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • Transport to Flagstaff

Williams Jun 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM

We (4 of us) will be staying in Williams for 3 nights in August via Amtrak ex Chicago. Have booked the Grand Canyon railway and we don't have other transport . Our problem seems to be getting transport from Williams to Flagstaff to take our flight out at midday. The shuttle service times are unsuitable . Are taxis available and if so could you advise the approximate cost for 4 people with luggage. Thanks so much

6 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    • best day driving spots to hit

Flagstaff Jun 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM

just in PHX for business and thought I'd take a quick drive up to flagstaff, what's the must see that fits a day trip back and forth?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM