change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• House prices...

Skagen Dec 16, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Hi

I'd really appreciate an idea of house prices in Skagen. Both to buy and to rent.

Also, is there a local board or paper where houses are advertised?

Many thanks

more
    • Transit in Copenhagen

Copenhagen 9 hours ago

Hello everyone,

After four months spent in Boston, my girlfriend and I are heading back to France. We are having an eight hour transit in Copenhagen on Tuesday, from 11am to 7pm. We would like to visit the Danish capital as much as possible within this time. Therefore, could you please recommend us places to visit? Also, I've heard the city center is very close to the airport, would you recommend us to take a taxi or the public transportation?

Every tip or advice is more than welcome.

Thank you very much, Romain

more
    • Scandinavia travel tips?

Denmark Nov 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hello! This is going to be a relatively hefty question but ...

I'm planning on going on a 2~3 month long trip through Scandinavia+ parts of Europe Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Italy .. maybe Iceland ? after I graduate from university. Of course my budget will be limited currently working as much as I can for now to build funds and hopefully will have about 15000$USD by the time I depart but at the same time money is not the issue for now ...

I was wondering more how long it would be recommended for me to stay in each country? Of course it varies by person stayed in Japan for about a month but still feel like I didn't see enough, whereas my cousin went for 5 days and that was good enough for her, but maybe an average? A week? a few days? And most importantly, when I should go?

My interests are quite varied-- when I traveled through Asia, I did a lot of shopping, mostly stayed in big cities, and threw some action in diving, bungee jumping, paragliding, but I also really really like nature, like the countryside, or the mountains, so I was hoping to concentrate more on that and then maybe go to the city for 1~2 days ??? I'm honestly up for any kind of suggestion and can just pick and choose what sounds most suitable for what I want?

At the mention of the mountains, I see a lot of photos that I assume are taken around the valleys between mountain ranges ... Is it safe to assume that a lot of people just hitch tents up on the mountains and sleep there? Is it legal to just hitch a tent up anywhere?
      If I play to fly between the countries I heard is cheaper than trains, would I be allowed to have a tent in my carry on .. if it even fits? I kind of wanted to go in winter~spring time so I'm not sure if it's even too freezing cold to do that without risking my health at that time. My main priority is of course to see the aurora borealis, so I need to be in Norway when it's still relatively cold .. which means I would need to go either late autumn into the early winters, or late winters into the early spring.
      I also really really like polar bears so I would hope to see some of them roaming about but I don't think that's really feasible..

I have tons more questions but I feel I should stop here for now? Are there any native Scandinavians that can please bestow me with knowledge? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my questions !
      Jessica

more
    • pravesh15's Profile Photo

aarhus denmark

by pravesh15 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 1:45 AM

hi
      please suggest me to explore Aarhus in Denmark.
      Actually alone here so wany company and people so that
      I can enjoy.

If any local person interested in meeting that is always welcome.

Pravesh from India

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    • 1gr8chef's Profile Photo

Aarhus, Denmark-day excursion on a cruise

by 1gr8chef Online Now Dec 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My dad and i will be going on a scandinavian cruise this summer and on of our stops is Aarhus, Denmark. This is the only port that i am not too familiar with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Here are some of the choices that we have.

• Den Gamle By Museum
      • Clausholm Castle
      • Vintage Train
      • Randers Rain Forest
      Raasted Church
      • Aarhus Cathedral
      • Fyrkat Viking Fortress
      • Ebeltoft

4 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM
    • Arhus in August

by WeeIrene Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I am planning a trip to Denmark in August this year along with my husband - we are mid-fifties. Would Arhus be a good base for a week's sightseeing? We will be bringing our own car.
      Also - neither of us speak Danish. Is this a problem or is English spoken in most areas? Will we be able to understand menus etc?
      Thanks
      Irene

2 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    • how to get Arhus from Copenhgagen Airport

by Gorodetskay Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Please, give me an advice hot to get Arhus by train from Copenhgagen airport??? and how much does it cost???

thank u)))

3 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 3:46 AM
    • batmohd's Profile Photo

Transportation from Copenhagen - Aarhus - Berlin

by batmohd Online Now Feb 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I plan to travel from Copenhagen to Aarhus and then to Berlin in April 2010. Anybody know the cheapest mode of transportation (bus or train) to cover all these places? I'm a budget traveller and flexible on matter of time.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    • bars and clubs in Aarhus on New Years Eve

by unclekevin Online Now Dec 10, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Which bars/clubs would people recommend going to on New Years Eve and what time will they start to get busy inside and outside?

• Few questions that need answering please

by unclekevin Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM

If anyone could take a few minutes and answer these questions below then i would be greatly thankful.

1. Me and friends are thinking of going to Aarhus for New Years Eve, is it be a good place to go to?

2. We are thinking of staying at the Radisson Sas Scandinavia Hotel, is the location of the hotel a good one to bars,restaurants etc?

3. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel.

4. Are there many bars/nightclubs in Aarhus and are they close proximity ?

Any help would again be very appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 27, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    • EllenMorg's Profile Photo

Aarhus to Frederikshavn to Gothenberg

by EllenMorg Online Now May 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Gothenburg on the ferry from Frederikshavn via a flight to Aarhus. I'm planning to take the train to Frederikshavn, then the ferry to Gothenburg. My flight arrives in Aarhus at 10:05. I need to know whether I should book the ferry (or in fact the train) in advance. (I'd prefer not to in case myflight is delayed.)Any advice gratefully accepted, Thanks

3 Answers May 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

What to See in Arhus?

by zuriga Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Out of the blue, it seems we will be going to Arhus, Denmark on business. I'd love some ideas of what's important to see there, best places for meals etc. I'm going to try and convince the boss we need to stay at least 2 days!

2 Answers Apr 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    • Places to visit

by unnikrishnan85 Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Hi all,
      I am from India. I am travelling to Arhus,Denmark on next month. I would like to know the importan places in Arhus and the near my places where i can visit.
      Berlin, Amsterdam, Hamburg etc......

also suggest the mode of transport. other than airlines

4 Answers Apr 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Chosing Activities for a Short Day in Århus

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM

My granddaughter (almost age 13) and I (age 71) are going to visiting Århus by cruise ship on Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. I have tentatively booked a tour of the city through the ship which starts at 12:30 and lasts three hours. It includes a drive by the City Hall, then continues to the University. We walk through the open-air museum of Den Gamle By (the old town). The tour ends with a drive through Marselisborg Forest and a photo stop at Marselisborg Palace, one of the residences of the Danish Royal Family.

Originally I thought the cruise ship had a tour to Legoland which I thought my granddaughter (and I) might like. But I do not now see that tour advertised and I understand that Legoland is a big place and it takes some time to get there and back. I would not like to miss the ship. And I'm not sure whether my granddaughter will be as thrilled with this as a grandson would be.

Would it be possible, worthwhile and advisable to cancel the ship tour and get some kind of private person to drive us out to Legoland and then take us back? I do not think I am up to doing public transportation and changing trains etc.

5 Answers Feb 17, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    • Jesterr67's Profile Photo

Planning a trip & looking for relatives

by Jesterr67 Online Now Jan 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I am from Canada and am planning a trip with my partner to the area. I have extended family there somewhere, but I'm having difficulty finding them. Is there anyone who can honestly help me find living relatives in the area?

6 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    • rodincom's Profile Photo

accommodation needed in Arhus

by rodincom Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hello,
      Is there anybody that knows an accommodation up to 300 EUR in Arhus,starting september 2008?

• Transportation in Aarhus for 3 weeks

by Liddle00 Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Hi everyone!
      I'l be taking a Summer course at Aarhus university during 3 weeksin August.
      I am staying at Ingersvej 15, 8220 Brabrand C.

Is there a bus itinerary from this place to the univ?
      Is it possible to get a monthly pass (in some countries they won't allow it if u don't have a special pre-made card?

Thank you =)

1 Answer Jul 24, 2008 at 9:32 AM
    • 'Restaurents in Arhus'

by neilcarrey Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Do we have indian restaurents in aarhus or indian grocery shops as I shall be going there for two years on study ..
      Any information would mean a lot for me .
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    • arhus to copenhagen mid december

by pogyyy Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 4:40 PM

what is the cheapest train fare from arhus to copenhagen using an orange ticket
      how do i get this ticket in advance from england
      how long does the journey take by bus
      thank you pogyyy

6 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 11:03 PM
    • How to get from Århus to Legoland and back during one day?

by Nani69 Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Hi,

we are two mothers from Finland coming to spend few days in Århus with our two sons and we would like to spend one day in Legoland. We would appreciate your advice for us about how to get easiest there with two kids? We would like to leave Århus in the morning of sat 17th may and come back in the evening before 21:00 (bed time for kids).

With kind regards,
      Nani & co.

8 Answers Apr 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM
    • summer residence

by nrrn65 Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM

This summer I have an internship in Arhus and I am having a bit of trouble finding a some sort of listings for apartments or hostels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Need A Help ->->->-> travelling problems(urgent)(thank you!!!)

by FromHongKong Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Hi,
      I have a friend who will go to study in Arhus
      for half an year. today(20/1), he will arrive
      at Billund Airport and take bus to Arhus. The stop
      is "Margrethepladsen, 8000 (Radisson SAS Hotel)".
      So, I want to ask what transportation method I can
      have in order to go to Arhus University of School
      of Business.(Fuglesangs Alle’ 4 DK – 8210 Arhus V)
      from "Margrethepladsen, 8000 (Radisson SAS Hotel)".
      Secondly, he has to go to living place where it is
      "Snogebaeksvej 23 8210 Arhus V" , so what transportation method I can have in order to go to the living place from Arhus University of School
      of Business.(Fuglesangs Alle’ 4 DK – 8210 Arhus V)
      from "Margrethepladsen, 8000 (Radisson SAS Hotel)".
      Thank you very much for your help. And it is urgent.

2 Answers Jan 19, 2008 at 9:58 PM
    • MikeStarr5's Profile Photo

A Week to go to our VT Meeting in Århus

by MikeStarr5 Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Hi Guys

Just over a week to go now to our VT Meeting in Århus and things are starting to really hot up!!!

Although not that many VT'ers have signed up so far (Come on Guys! !!) I am pleased to say that we have had a tremendous response from the various other Danish groups to which Shelley and I belong ... That's the Danish "Meetup" groups in Kolding, Århus and Copenhagen, plus an other organisation called CouchSurfing (The response from them has been terrific, with about 10 travellers from various parts the world attending.)

So, we will 100% definitely be holding our VT Meeting starting at 19.00 at the
      Cab Inn Hotel Reception / Bar in Århus, Denmark on the evening of Saturday 1st September 2007.

If you don't know where the CabInn Hotel is, ask any locals for the Århus Theatre - The Cab Inn Hotel is 50 meters away. It's the big white building on your right. Co-incidentally this area is also where a lot of the festival activities take place. The main stage is right in front of the theatre.

Once you are in the hotel reception area bar, to make us easy to spot, I will put a couple of large red and white wooden Danish flags on our table. I will also tell the reception staff where we are.

One the CabInn Hotel's website on which you will not only find the full address and phone number, there is also a map and a short video. Check it out - It will help a lot, as it shows what the hotel looks like from the outside. As you will see, the big wooden front door (number 14) is off Stor Torv. The back door is on the canal - but that is harder to find. Stor Torv is about a 10 minute walk from Århus station at the far end of the city's walking / shopping street.

http://www.cabinn.com/

This will be the 3rd time we have held a VT meeting to coincide with the Århus festival. In 2004, there were 5 of us, in 2005, 9 showed up. We are hoping for lots more this year. I am guessing between 10 and 20 in all.

Originally this year, there were just 2 of us coming over from London but that number has gradually crept up to 6… There is me and my girlfriend, Shelley, a Finnish girl who we have not met yet, plus our friends Alan and Annalise and now also Shelley's mum, Bernadette.

The VT meeting starts at 7.00pm; I guess we will hang around the hotel for 30 minutes or so before going somewhere more exciting for a beer, coffee or maybe something to eat. Somebody has suggested a trip to the Irish bar "Tir Na Nog" - I guess it might be crowded during the festival, so any other suggestions would be more than welcome. At some stage also the plan is to have a walk around town together and see what is worth seeing in the festival.

Once we leave the hotel bar, I will again let the bar staff know exactly where we are heading, so don't worry if you are running late, you will still be able to find us. If all else fails you can call me on my mobile (00 44 7967 044282)

We look forward to seeing you in just over a week !!!

Mike Starr

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo

To Hire a Car or Not to Hire a Car - That is the Question

by MikeStarr5 Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Hi Everyone

My girlfriend and I are visiting Århus for this year's festival. We will be there for 5 nights - Sat 1st Sept - Wed 5th Sept.

(See also the VT Meetings section.

meetings.virtualtourist.com/... )

Rather than stay in CabInn in Central Århus, which is ok but we have done that twice before, this year we have decided to book with

tarskovmolle.dk/b&b_priser_e...

It is 13k from Århus and looks lovely.

It says on the website that there is a bus from the Mill into town. However, I gather from Århus tourist information that it is only once an hour and only every other bus goes direct. I also hear that there is only a night bus on one day of our stay ie the Saturday.

We are probably going into town every day - So I am wondering what to do regarding transport - Should I rely on the bus / train or should I hire some bikes (might be a bit difficult with or luggage haha) or possibly hire a car.

If we did get a car, we could pick it up at the airport and go direct from there to the Mill with our luggage. We also could go for day trips to other towns in the area - Silkeborg, Aalborg, Billund perhaps.

My main worry is difficulties with parking. The last thing I need on holiday is to have to spend ages driving around looking for somewhere to park and then to pay a fortune for it. I have very little patience with that sort of thing, living in London and I suspect it will be very busy in Århus as it is festival week.

I have never driven in Denmark and have no idea about the rules and regulations. I know nothing about the parking schemes in Århus. I don't know if there are parking meters, multi-story car parks or where to get parking permits. Perhaps there is a park and ride scheme where we could get a bus from just out of towm ...

I wondered if anybody living locally had any comments ...

I speak some Danish so it's not a problem if you want to recommend a website that is only på dansk.

Tusind Tak

Mike and Shelley

6 Answers Aug 15, 2007 at 9:24 PM
    • Aarhus to amsterdam

by ParveenAggarwal Online Now May 9, 2007 at 2:29 AM

hi all,

Could anyone pls tell how we can reach from aarhus to amsterdam. By bus or by train . which one will be cheaper and what are the prices of both the transport. as well as is there any low cost airline which operates b/w aarhus to amsterdam or copenhegan to amsterdam with approx prices.

Pls suggets.

looking forward for your reply.

parveen

2 Answers May 9, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    • Copenhagen to Arhus transfer

by kevinhines Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Hi,
      I'm travelling from London to join the tall ships race in July which starts at Arhus.

I can fly in to Arhus the night before (the flight arrives too late on the day of departure from port), or on the same day to Copenhagen and then have to transfer to Arhus - how long would that take and what are the options.Is a taxi feasible. Likely costs?
      Public transport would be OK but I'm a wheelchair user so public transport maybe difficult particularly as I will have two weeks kit with me(not used public transport in Denmark before).

Suggestions/recommendations gratefully received. Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Apr 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM
    • Aarhus to Copenhagen

by ftasende Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Hi,
      Could anyone give me some information as to how to travel from Aarhus to Copenhagen, either by bus or train? which one is cheaper?
      What do you recommend?
      I'm flying to Aarhus this Friday with my girlfriend and I was thinking of staying there for one and a half or two days then going to Copenhagen for another 2-3 days. If the fares of travelling Aarhus-Copenhagen are high I might want to consider not coming back and taking a plane back to London from Copenhagen instead. That's why I need to know the price of this internal travel, I've been looking but I can not find reliable information.
      A flight back to London from Copenhagen is about £25-30.

What do you think?

Thanks to all in advance.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2007 at 4:39 AM
    • Planning to go to the 2006 World Championships in Artistic Gymnastics

by hhmysap Online Now Aug 25, 2006 at 6:50 PM

Please help! How is the weather in Aahrus by the month of October? Maybe the beautiful people that live there can help telling me by their experience. Or those that had visit Aarhus in October. We live in a tropical island and we do not have idea of what type of cloth we should bring. Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2006 at 1:42 AM
    • vidaboa's Profile Photo

recent weather

by vidaboa Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 7:38 AM

I have been in Copenhagen for the past two weeks, and besides a few outbreaks of sunshine, it has been a bit chilly and rainy. I wonder if the weather has been similar in Arhus? I am planning on visiting there next week, and although I forgot my crystal ball, I am really hoping for some sunshine...

2 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 12:59 PM
    • deptlads's Profile Photo

World Cup

by deptlads Online Now May 23, 2006 at 5:13 AM

I'll be in Aarhus for a couple of weeks over the world cup.

Not a fanatic supporter, but I would like to see the England-Sweden game.

Problem is the mate I'm staying with has absolutely NO interest in football.

Can anyone recommend a place in town to go and see it? Anyone fancy meeting up to see it?

jeg lærer dansk her i London så svar på dansk bliver også godt.

Dave

5 Answers May 23, 2006 at 7:12 AM
    • best way

by salihdere Online Now Apr 23, 2006 at 3:33 PM

I am stayin in DK 8500 Grenaa Denmark, and I want to go to place close to Hamburg or Hanover or Bremen in Germany, could you please show me the easisest, fastest and cheapest way. thank you for your kind repply...

2 Answers Apr 24, 2006 at 2:17 AM
    • Nightlife in Arhus

by sloopie Online Now Sep 22, 2005 at 12:40 PM

Just curious if anyone can recommend some good nightclubs or bars in Arhus where people aged 20-30 like to hang out?

Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 22, 2005 at 6:09 PM
    • dade_Webster's Profile Photo

Airport - Train Station

by dade_Webster Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Hello, I'm flying to Arhus airport on Friday and then hope to get a train to Aalborg. I've got the train from Arhus to Aalborg before but I didn't have to travel from the airport. Is the airport far from the city and are there buses running from airport to train station? Thanks for any help, Dave

1 Answer Jan 24, 2005 at 9:56 AM