Århus Travel Answers

change location
zuriga's Profile Photo

What to See in Arhus?

by zuriga Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Out of the blue, it seems we will be going to Arhus, Denmark on business. I'd love some ideas of what's important to see there, best places for meals etc. I'm going to try and convince the boss we need to stay at least 2 days!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Redang's Profile Photo

Re: What to See in Arhus?

by Redang Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Interested in this destination, so, bookmark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Razmataac's Profile Photo

Re: What to See in Arhus?

by Razmataac Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM

There should be plenty to see in Århus.

The Cathedral is one of the biggest gothic redbrick/backstein churches in Nothern Europe. It also has some fantastic middleage frescos.

The Mosgaard archeological museum houses the Grauballe man - an ironage bogman/mummy who was unfortunate enough to have his throut slit and trown a bog some 2000 years ago.

The brand new Aros art museum is also worth a visit. They have a good collection of modern and contemporary Danish art and sometimes also some really good shifting exhibitions. The building is also quite impressive.

Den Gamle By (the old city) old townhouses from all over the country torn down and re-build in the middle of the 20th century.

Malling and Schmidt is probably the most interesting restaurant. So called New Nordic cuisine. Traditionally Nordic dishes re-invented. Fantastic experience but also quite pricy. Michellin class if their reviewers ventured outside Cph.

www.mallingschmidt.dk

The same people also have the less pretentious Nordisk Spisehus.

www.nordiskspisehus.dk

A favourite of my family is the Sct. Oluf, Mejlgade 33. The service can somtime be a bit eccentric but the food is always excellent and the prices very reasonalbly!

Hope you enjoy Århus!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines