Århus Travel Answers

change location
MikeStarr5's Profile Photo

A Week to go to our VT Meeting in Århus

by MikeStarr5 Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Hi Guys

Just over a week to go now to our VT Meeting in Århus and things are starting to really hot up!!!

Although not that many VT'ers have signed up so far (Come on Guys! !!) I am pleased to say that we have had a tremendous response from the various other Danish groups to which Shelley and I belong ... That's the Danish "Meetup" groups in Kolding, Århus and Copenhagen, plus an other organisation called CouchSurfing (The response from them has been terrific, with about 10 travellers from various parts the world attending.)

So, we will 100% definitely be holding our VT Meeting starting at 19.00 at the
Cab Inn Hotel Reception / Bar in Århus, Denmark on the evening of Saturday 1st September 2007.

If you don't know where the CabInn Hotel is, ask any locals for the Århus Theatre - The Cab Inn Hotel is 50 meters away. It's the big white building on your right. Co-incidentally this area is also where a lot of the festival activities take place. The main stage is right in front of the theatre.

Once you are in the hotel reception area bar, to make us easy to spot, I will put a couple of large red and white wooden Danish flags on our table. I will also tell the reception staff where we are.

One the CabInn Hotel's website on which you will not only find the full address and phone number, there is also a map and a short video. Check it out - It will help a lot, as it shows what the hotel looks like from the outside. As you will see, the big wooden front door (number 14) is off Stor Torv. The back door is on the canal - but that is harder to find. Stor Torv is about a 10 minute walk from Århus station at the far end of the city's walking / shopping street.

http://www.cabinn.com/

This will be the 3rd time we have held a VT meeting to coincide with the Århus festival. In 2004, there were 5 of us, in 2005, 9 showed up. We are hoping for lots more this year. I am guessing between 10 and 20 in all.

Originally this year, there were just 2 of us coming over from London but that number has gradually crept up to 6… There is me and my girlfriend, Shelley, a Finnish girl who we have not met yet, plus our friends Alan and Annalise and now also Shelley's mum, Bernadette.

The VT meeting starts at 7.00pm; I guess we will hang around the hotel for 30 minutes or so before going somewhere more exciting for a beer, coffee or maybe something to eat. Somebody has suggested a trip to the Irish bar "Tir Na Nog" - I guess it might be crowded during the festival, so any other suggestions would be more than welcome. At some stage also the plan is to have a walk around town together and see what is worth seeing in the festival.

Once we leave the hotel bar, I will again let the bar staff know exactly where we are heading, so don't worry if you are running late, you will still be able to find us. If all else fails you can call me on my mobile (00 44 7967 044282)

We look forward to seeing you in just over a week !!!

Mike Starr

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines