Århus Travel Answers

change location

Copenhagen to Arhus transfer

by kevinhines Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Hi,
I'm travelling from London to join the tall ships race in July which starts at Arhus.

I can fly in to Arhus the night before (the flight arrives too late on the day of departure from port), or on the same day to Copenhagen and then have to transfer to Arhus - how long would that take and what are the options.Is a taxi feasible. Likely costs?
Public transport would be OK but I'm a wheelchair user so public transport maybe difficult particularly as I will have two weeks kit with me(not used public transport in Denmark before).

Suggestions/recommendations gratefully received. Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Pixie5's Profile Photo

Re: Copenhagen to Arhus transfer

by Pixie5 Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 2:26 PM

It would be a lot easier to arrive in Århus the night before.

It takes me 5 hours to drive from Copenhagen to Århus, although I know some people claim they can do it in 3½! The taxi fare would be around 400 -500 Euro just to make a guess.
    The best way to get from Copenhagen to Århus is by train, which is also possible in a wheelcharir, (but still it is not worth it): rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe...?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • QuDee's Profile Photo

Copenhagen to Arhus

by QuDee Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Taxifare Copenhagen to Århus? I wouldn't even start to guess how much that would be. Taxifare to my house, 5 miles from the airport, ran up to €21 (less than a week ago).
    If you pay twice that for a train-ticket to Århus (about 200 kms/ 130 miles), you probably got a 1st class ticket. The trip by train is about 3 1/2 hours. They run very hour, sometimes twice every hour.
    And actually I would reccomend you catch that train. It departs from the airport - traintracks is a short lift-ride down from the arrivalhall.

You will need to reserve a seat on the train - depending om whether your chair folds or not, they will seat you, or fins a spot for you to be in your chair. You need to tell them you're in a wheelchair, ahead of time, so they can be prepared to assist you, which they will at no extra cost.

Call DSB (Danish railways) tel. +45 70 13 14 15. You can book seats and tickts 2 months in advance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines