Argostolion Travel Answers

change location

Bus/taxi from Sami

by geoff999 Online Now May 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Is there a bus from Sami to Argostoli on Sundays? If not, what does a taxi cost?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Re: Bus/taxi from Sami

by Rachel972 Online Now May 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Last year we arrived at Fiscardo with a ferry on a Sunday, no buses. The taxi to Argostoli was 50 Euro! Sami is much closer.

The Argostoli KTEL bus station was very bad for getting information, even on days that did have buses. Don't depend on bus schedules on the internet, we ended up renting a car because these were out of date or season.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bus/taxi from Sami

by geoff999 Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Thanks Rachel, Geoff.

• Re: Bus/taxi from Sami

by Ouzone Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 6:08 AM

I think there are no KTEL buses on Sundays. You may find a bus coming off a ferry (part of the Athens > Argostoli bus service). You best ask about that in Sami, try the ferry ticket agents.

A taxi should be about 25 Euros or thereabouts.

I used buses all over Kefalonia and they ran to timetable which I got from the Argostoli bus station. Including ones to the ferries from Poros, Sami and Fiskardo with no problems. The bus times to/from Fiskardo did not match with ferries, but was OK if you arrived in Fiskardo before the 16:30 to Argostoli.

This gives you an idea, but as I say some times may be modded for ferries, as always seasonal variations etc.

kefalonia.net.gr/en/infoID.a...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines