Argentina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arriving at Jorge Newberry at 7.30pm and departing at 4.30 am next day

Buenos Aires Aug 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Do they allow you to leave the terminal for a few hours sleep without taking all luggage? Cheers!

more
    • Graffmann's Profile Photo

About: Confiterìa ideal, Suipacha 384, Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Aug 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Is it true that this historical Tango-Salon in BA has been closed?
      Their official website does not answer.

more
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Dual citizenship question

Argentina Aug 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Hello travelers,
      I am dual citizen now (EU and USA) I want to go to Argentina. I don't need visa for my Europe passport and for that I wanna use it. I traveled many places without any visa with my EU passport.

But now dual, My question is when and how I use my passports?

I am confused, what part of my trips I use what passport . Do I exit USA with US passport, enter Argentina with Europe? Or not ? How about the return?

I heared so many different answers. I appreciate if someone gave me correct answer as they had this experience and used dual citizen throughout their journey.

I like to know so I can use for other trips as well, ex Cuba, Africa etc.

Many many thank you'd in advance for help
      Cheers :-)

more
    • Graffmann's Profile Photo

About: Confiterìa ideal, Suipacha 384, Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Aug 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Is it true that this historical Tango-Salon in BA has been closed?
      Their official website does not answer.

4 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 1:07 AM
    • Arriving at Jorge Newberry at 7.30pm and departing at 4.30 am next day

Buenos Aires Aug 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Do they allow you to leave the terminal for a few hours sleep without taking all luggage? Cheers!

1 Answer Aug 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Dual citizenship question

Argentina Aug 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Hello travelers,
      I am dual citizen now (EU and USA) I want to go to Argentina. I don't need visa for my Europe passport and for that I wanna use it. I traveled many places without any visa with my EU passport.

But now dual, My question is when and how I use my passports?

I am confused, what part of my trips I use what passport . Do I exit USA with US passport, enter Argentina with Europe? Or not ? How about the return?

I heared so many different answers. I appreciate if someone gave me correct answer as they had this experience and used dual citizen throughout their journey.

I like to know so I can use for other trips as well, ex Cuba, Africa etc.

Many many thank you'd in advance for help
      Cheers :-)

7 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • How to get to El Chalten from Punta Arenas in March

Fitz Roy Jul 22, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get to El Chalten from Punta Arenas?
      1. Is there a certain bus company that runs that route?
      2. Does the bus run in March?
      3. How long does it take?
      4. Do you know the bus schedule?
      5. Do you know if I would need to purchase tickets in advance?

Thank you!
      Elizabeth

1 Answer Jul 22, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    • Posadas - San Ignacio - Puerto Iguazu

San Ignacio Jul 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hola. Me gustaría conocer las ruinas en mi viaje a Iguazú. Mi idea es salir de Posadas por la tarde y conocer las ruinas tarde/noche con el show de luces, (entiendo que demora 1 hora) y luego partir con dirección a Puerto Iguazú (entiendo que demora 3 horas) para poder visitar las cataratas del lado argentino al día siguiente.

Alguien me puede indicar si existen buses para hacer este trayecto (considerando que saldría de San Ignacio en la noche). De ser el caso, frecuecias, necesidad de reserva, o cualquier otro dato.

Muchas gracias anticipadas!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Best time of the month

Argentina Jul 5, 2015 at 2:43 PM

when is the best time to visit and for nice weather and climate ?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • Ice Treking Age Restriction

El Calafate Jul 4, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Is there any way for an "in-shape" 62 yr old to get into the "big trek" tour of the Moreno glacier? I'm with my two daughters and would love to take the tour with them.

Thanks,
      John

1 Answer Jul 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    • Read the warnings-Now I am scared

Buenos Aires Jul 2, 2015 at 5:22 AM

I understand "be ware", but reading the "dangers" section has me downright scared. I am not sure if there are certain areas to stay away from...or if this is directed to normal tourist areas...but it sounded like even the nice areas are suspect. We have not made hotel reservations yet so further information will be appreciated. I never wear flashy jewelry and such and I certainly don't look elite, but that being said, if I am a tourist and want to take pictures I usually will have a camera around my neck and that screams tourist!
      We arrive at EZE in the evening and then our flight to Iguazu is early the next morning (probably the 5:40 am flight out of aep) so I was thinking of getting a hotel near aep airport to cut down the travel time in the morning. Is this an okay plan or do I need to rethink it? What hotel or area do you recommend. We will have large suitcases that we will be leaving with the hotel while we are overnight in Iguazu, so the hotel needs to be reputable. Then the next day we will gly back to BA and stop buy the hotel on our way to our cruise and pick up the other suitcases..so that way we only take one with us for the overnight. Otherwise, we will be traveling with two each plus a very small carryon (with the laptop)...and my husband is 72 years old so I really need to make things as easy as possible for us.

11 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    • Need info to make appropriate airline reservation from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls

Buenos Aires Jul 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM

We will be overnight in Buenos Aires and only have one day available to go to Iguazu Falls
      Argentina side. So we can take the flight from AEP to IGR at 5:40 AM that gets in at 7:25 or the one that depart Buenos Aires at 9:05 and gets in at 11 AM. My concern is that the later flight we lose 2 hrs of precious sightseeing time since the park opens at 9AM...but then if we take the earlier flight we have to be at the airport at what time????? in order to make the flight. In that case we may lose sleep time. To me the sightseeing is more precious than sleep as we will not have the opportunity to every go again...BUT on the otherhad if we need to be there hours before then loss of sleep can make us too tired to enjoy what we are seeing. Your recommendations will be most helpful!

9 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Island-lover-shari's Profile Photo

form to pay reciprocity fee

Argentina Jul 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the info about getting to the correct travel site to pay the reciprocity fee. I'm confused!
      I entered the Provincia Pagos website and registered.
      Then I received an email verifying that my account has been created. No entry code was included, as per the directions. The only info in the email was my user name and password. There's an X'ed out picture, so no clue as to what that's about...
      The directions tell me to click "continue" the website to complete the process, however when I click on it I loop back to the same directions page instead of a form described where I input my personal and credit card info.
      Has anybody been through the process that can help? I am beyond frustrated.
      Thank you!
      Shari

Paying reciprocity fee

Argentina Jun 27, 2015 at 11:11 AM

I'll be visiting Buenos Aires for two weeks this summer and need to pay my reciprocity fee. There are so many sites on the web that I don't know which one to choose to make my payment. Can anyone point me to the correct website?
      Thank you!

11 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 7:23 PM

where to stay

Buenos Aires May 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I'm a single, American female traveling solo to learn tango in Buenos Aires. I plan to go to milangos which means I'll be staying out late at night. I'm not sure about which salons I'll be going to, so I'm not sure which sections of the city I should look for lodging that would be safe to travel to and from late at night. I welcome any suggestions. Thank you!

16 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hire a tango instructor

Buenos Aires May 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Is it possible to hire an English speaking tango teacher for private lessons/ classes that I can schedule ahead of a visit to Buenos Aires? From my reading on the tango scene, it sounds like foreigners aren't taken into the fold as dance partners, so I'd have to take classes to get to know potential other foreigners to dance with if I want to dance at milangos. Is this an accurate assessment? I'm trying to weigh the value of traveling or not to BA for the purpose of really learning to dance tango.
      Thanks so much!
      Sharon

6 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Tango Partner Needed

Buenos Aires May 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM

I'm a middle aged female traveling solo at the end of next month and into the first week of July. I'd like to take classes to meet other advanced beginners and I'd, also like to take private lessons to hone the subtleties of the dance. Can I get info ahead of time so I can make the arrangements/ plans? It seems it would help me select the right section of the city to book accommodations. I'd also like to hire a dance partner so I can dance at milongos. From my reading, it sounds like locals normally dance only with locals. Thank you for your help!
      Truly,
      Shari

1 Answer Jul 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    • robbye77's Profile Photo

Safety around the country

Argentina May 2, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hi all,
      after 5 years I'm about to go back to the gorgeous Argentina. I understand the economic crisis led to an increased level of crimes especially in B. Aires so I guess I'll use "extra" common sense going around the city. I'm wondering how the situation is around the country, specifically in the north and during bus night trip. Five years ago I travel the whole Patagonia by bus and never had even a single moment I feelt unsafe... In B. Aires last time I stayed in Palermo and honestly I had no big issues going around the city by myself.
      Thanks for any advice!
      Roberto

3 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:51 AM
    • How could I go to Villa Carlos Paz ?

Villa Carlos Paz May 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

If I don't want to rent a car ,how could I get to Villa Carlos Pza by other transport tools from Cordoba? if there is a bus to Villa ,where could I get on in Cordoba? and how could I return back to Cordoba? thanks.

• junet's Profile Photo

Active Options

Buenos Aires Apr 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Is there any good and safe hiking near the city but with great views?
      Will be in Buenos Aires last week of April. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM
    • Transportation from Rosario to Buenos Aires

Argentina Mar 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM

What is the best transportation to use to get from Rosario to downtown Buenos Aires?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Transportation

El Calafate Mar 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Is there any Bus departing from EL CALAFATE in the afternoon to Puerto Natales during the month of jApril 2015 ...
      Thanks

• Transportation

El Calafate Mar 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Is there any Bus departing in the afternoon from EL CALAFATE to PUERTO NATALES during the month of April 2015

2 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 6:03 AM
    • Road Trip Argentina

Buenos Aires Mar 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Hey Folks,

I'm a German student travelling across Argentina . I will be in Buenos Aires this weekend and afterwards Im planning to head to ihe inner countryside. Is somebody going the same way who would like to join me on my trip. The destination I thought of is Bariloche but no needs for it. Perhaps we could rent a car something. I'm very open minded and uncomplicated and always up to a joke . Looking forward to your replies ;)

Greets Simon

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • Travel between 2 airports in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Mar 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi, I have to travel between the 2 main airports Jorge Newbery and Ezeiza during rush hour. What is the best way to do this?

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Best side of the Andes

Argentina Mar 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I am planning a trip by car in October-November in Argentina and Chile, and I am thinking of arriving to Cueva de las Manos from Peninsula Valdez and then drive north to Atacama, passing by Barilloche et Mendoza on the Argenitina side and Puerto Montt and Santiago on the Chilean side.
      The doubt is whether it is nicer to drive between Cueva de las manis and Barilloche on the Argentinean side and then cross in to Chile, or to cross into Chile south and then enter Barilloche area and tour it.

Then I have the same doubt, i.e. is there anything worth seeing between Barilloche and Mendoza, or is it better to go back to Chile and drive to Santiago and then go to Mendoza from there.

I am quite experienced in driving in Argentina, having already driven more than 10.000km there in the north and extreme south, and given the cost of car drop-off, I am not interested in using planes or other means of transport, except maybe to cross the lakes (but is it possible to take the car across to Chile that way or is it only for pedestrians?)

2 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM
    • Travelchef61's Profile Photo

Holiday travel

Argentina Feb 10, 2015 at 6:24 AM

What is open and what is closed throughout Argentina during the Christmas/ New Year holidays?
      Interested in both tourist attractions as well as restaurants shops etc.
      Please advise...

2 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • Lost original birth certificate of my daughter

Argentina Feb 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and her daughter live in Argentina. Now we have the following problem, she lost the original birth certificate. In a few months she wants to fly with her daughter to me (Netherlands) and she needs the original birth certificate. Now my question is as followed, is there any way she can still fly to the Netherlands?

If she has a copy of the birth certificate is there any way to make it official? If so, what are our options?

It would be a devastating blow to me and her if she is not able to travel to the Netherlands. So please someone help me. I have looked around the internet but my spanish isnt that great so I'm not sure what the rules are in Argentina for the matter. Please help us!

Thank you all

12 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 3:34 AM
    • collecting minerals around Tilcara

Tilcara Feb 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM

does anyone know anything about collecting minerals near Tilcara. sites or perhaps a local guide we can hire?
      Also we are looking for undiscovered places we can visit there.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2015 at 3:37 AM
    • Cheapest way from Buenos Aires to Uruguay

Buenos Aires Jan 27, 2015 at 9:20 PM

I want to cross the Rio de la Plata

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • rhetorical_art's Profile Photo

anyone in Buenos Aires 1st February

Buenos Aires Jan 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hi all

Is anyone in Buenos Aires on 1st February and interested in sightseeing together? I will be arriving there at approx 9am and staying in San Telmo area.

1 Answer Jan 24, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Changing money at the airport in Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires Jan 13, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I read an account of where to go to change your money in the airport but I can't find it again. They were giving directions to a booth. Is the dollar accepted widely?

Thanks everyone,
      Vicki

9 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • Spanish schools in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hello everybody,

I am planning to spend around 3 months in South America. Considering that I don't speak a word of Spanish, I want to spend most of the first 2 months in Buenos Aires, to immerse into the culture and especially learn the language. Therefore, I am currently looking for a language school and wanted to ask for opinions. Has anybody made any experience with Spanish schools in Buenos Aires? Through my research, I am especially interested in "Academia Buenos Aires" and "El Pasaje". Can anyone recommend or comment on these schools?

Thanks,
      Toolli

5 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 6:31 PM