change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Island-lover-shari's Profile Photo

Tango Partner Needed

Buenos Aires May 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM

I'm a middle aged female traveling solo at the end of next month and into the first week of July. I'd like to take classes to meet other advanced beginners and I'd, also like to take private lessons to hone the subtleties of the dance. Can I get info ahead of time so I can make the arrangements/ plans? It seems it would help me select the right section of the city to book accommodations. I'd also like to hire a dance partner so I can dance at milongos. From my reading, it sounds like locals normally dance only with locals. Thank you for your help!
      Truly,
      Shari

more
    • How could I go to Villa Carlos Paz ?

Villa Carlos Paz May 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

If I don't want to rent a car ,how could I get to Villa Carlos Pza by other transport tools from Cordoba? if there is a bus to Villa ,where could I get on in Cordoba? and how could I return back to Cordoba? thanks.

more

Hire a tango instructor

Buenos Aires May 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Is it possible to hire an English speaking tango teacher for private lessons/ classes that I can schedule ahead of a visit to Buenos Aires? From my reading on the tango scene, it sounds like foreigners aren't taken into the fold as dance partners, so I'd have to take classes to get to know potential other foreigners to dance with if I want to dance at milangos. Is this an accurate assessment? I'm trying to weigh the value of traveling or not to BA for the purpose of really learning to dance tango.
      Thanks so much!
      Sharon

more
    • robbye77's Profile Photo

Safety around the country

Argentina May 2, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hi all,
      after 5 years I'm about to go back to the gorgeous Argentina. I understand the economic crisis led to an increased level of crimes especially in B. Aires so I guess I'll use "extra" common sense going around the city. I'm wondering how the situation is around the country, specifically in the north and during bus night trip. Five years ago I travel the whole Patagonia by bus and never had even a single moment I feelt unsafe... In B. Aires last time I stayed in Palermo and honestly I had no big issues going around the city by myself.
      Thanks for any advice!
      Roberto

more

Hire a tango instructor

Buenos Aires May 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Is it possible to hire an English speaking tango teacher for private lessons/ classes that I can schedule ahead of a visit to Buenos Aires? From my reading on the tango scene, it sounds like foreigners aren't taken into the fold as dance partners, so I'd have to take classes to get to know potential other foreigners to dance with if I want to dance at milangos. Is this an accurate assessment? I'm trying to weigh the value of traveling or not to BA for the purpose of really learning to dance tango.
      Thanks so much!
      Sharon

2 Answers May 9, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Tango Partner Needed

Buenos Aires May 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM

I'm a middle aged female traveling solo at the end of next month and into the first week of July. I'd like to take classes to meet other advanced beginners and I'd, also like to take private lessons to hone the subtleties of the dance. Can I get info ahead of time so I can make the arrangements/ plans? It seems it would help me select the right section of the city to book accommodations. I'd also like to hire a dance partner so I can dance at milongos. From my reading, it sounds like locals normally dance only with locals. Thank you for your help!
      Truly,
      Shari

• robbye77's Profile Photo

Safety around the country

Argentina May 2, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hi all,
      after 5 years I'm about to go back to the gorgeous Argentina. I understand the economic crisis led to an increased level of crimes especially in B. Aires so I guess I'll use "extra" common sense going around the city. I'm wondering how the situation is around the country, specifically in the north and during bus night trip. Five years ago I travel the whole Patagonia by bus and never had even a single moment I feelt unsafe... In B. Aires last time I stayed in Palermo and honestly I had no big issues going around the city by myself.
      Thanks for any advice!
      Roberto

2 Answers May 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    • How could I go to Villa Carlos Paz ?

Villa Carlos Paz May 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

If I don't want to rent a car ,how could I get to Villa Carlos Pza by other transport tools from Cordoba? if there is a bus to Villa ,where could I get on in Cordoba? and how could I return back to Cordoba? thanks.

• junet's Profile Photo

Active Options

Buenos Aires Apr 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Is there any good and safe hiking near the city but with great views?
      Will be in Buenos Aires last week of April. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM
    • Transportation from Rosario to Buenos Aires

Argentina Mar 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM

What is the best transportation to use to get from Rosario to downtown Buenos Aires?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Transportation

El Calafate Mar 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Is there any Bus departing from EL CALAFATE in the afternoon to Puerto Natales during the month of jApril 2015 ...
      Thanks

• Transportation

El Calafate Mar 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Is there any Bus departing in the afternoon from EL CALAFATE to PUERTO NATALES during the month of April 2015

2 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 6:03 AM
    • Road Trip Argentina

Buenos Aires Mar 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Hey Folks,

I'm a German student travelling across Argentina . I will be in Buenos Aires this weekend and afterwards Im planning to head to ihe inner countryside. Is somebody going the same way who would like to join me on my trip. The destination I thought of is Bariloche but no needs for it. Perhaps we could rent a car something. I'm very open minded and uncomplicated and always up to a joke . Looking forward to your replies ;)

Greets Simon

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • Travel between 2 airports in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Mar 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi, I have to travel between the 2 main airports Jorge Newbery and Ezeiza during rush hour. What is the best way to do this?

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Best side of the Andes

Argentina Mar 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I am planning a trip by car in October-November in Argentina and Chile, and I am thinking of arriving to Cueva de las Manos from Peninsula Valdez and then drive north to Atacama, passing by Barilloche et Mendoza on the Argenitina side and Puerto Montt and Santiago on the Chilean side.
      The doubt is whether it is nicer to drive between Cueva de las manis and Barilloche on the Argentinean side and then cross in to Chile, or to cross into Chile south and then enter Barilloche area and tour it.

Then I have the same doubt, i.e. is there anything worth seeing between Barilloche and Mendoza, or is it better to go back to Chile and drive to Santiago and then go to Mendoza from there.

I am quite experienced in driving in Argentina, having already driven more than 10.000km there in the north and extreme south, and given the cost of car drop-off, I am not interested in using planes or other means of transport, except maybe to cross the lakes (but is it possible to take the car across to Chile that way or is it only for pedestrians?)

2 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM
    • Travelchef61's Profile Photo

Holiday travel

Argentina Feb 10, 2015 at 6:24 AM

What is open and what is closed throughout Argentina during the Christmas/ New Year holidays?
      Interested in both tourist attractions as well as restaurants shops etc.
      Please advise...

2 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • Lost original birth certificate of my daughter

Argentina Feb 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and her daughter live in Argentina. Now we have the following problem, she lost the original birth certificate. In a few months she wants to fly with her daughter to me (Netherlands) and she needs the original birth certificate. Now my question is as followed, is there any way she can still fly to the Netherlands?

If she has a copy of the birth certificate is there any way to make it official? If so, what are our options?

It would be a devastating blow to me and her if she is not able to travel to the Netherlands. So please someone help me. I have looked around the internet but my spanish isnt that great so I'm not sure what the rules are in Argentina for the matter. Please help us!

Thank you all

12 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 3:34 AM
    • collecting minerals around Tilcara

Tilcara Feb 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM

does anyone know anything about collecting minerals near Tilcara. sites or perhaps a local guide we can hire?
      Also we are looking for undiscovered places we can visit there.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2015 at 3:37 AM
    • Cheapest way from Buenos Aires to Uruguay

Buenos Aires Jan 27, 2015 at 9:20 PM

I want to cross the Rio de la Plata

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • rhetorical_art's Profile Photo

anyone in Buenos Aires 1st February

Buenos Aires Jan 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hi all

Is anyone in Buenos Aires on 1st February and interested in sightseeing together? I will be arriving there at approx 9am and staying in San Telmo area.

1 Answer Jan 24, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Changing money at the airport in Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires Jan 13, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I read an account of where to go to change your money in the airport but I can't find it again. They were giving directions to a booth. Is the dollar accepted widely?

Thanks everyone,
      Vicki

9 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • Spanish schools in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hello everybody,

I am planning to spend around 3 months in South America. Considering that I don't speak a word of Spanish, I want to spend most of the first 2 months in Buenos Aires, to immerse into the culture and especially learn the language. Therefore, I am currently looking for a language school and wanted to ask for opinions. Has anybody made any experience with Spanish schools in Buenos Aires? Through my research, I am especially interested in "Academia Buenos Aires" and "El Pasaje". Can anyone recommend or comment on these schools?

Thanks,
      Toolli

4 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Where do the local people go in February?

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Hello everyone, I am trying to stay with the local people in Buenos Aires through social sites on the internet but it seems most of them are on holiday during the month of February. Where do they all go? Where is their holiday destination. I am assuming it is their summer holiday. Do they all leave the city?
      Thank you
      Vicki

4 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Getting the bus to Rosario

Rosario Jan 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Hello,

Could you let me know where we can catch a bus to Rosario please, are they frequent and comfortable. How long will it take to get there from Buenos Aires and how much will it cost? Thank you very much for your help. Would it be better to catch the train?

Best wishes, Vicki

1 Answer Jan 6, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Santa Fe to Concordia

Argentina Jan 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Is there a bus from Santa Fe to Concordia during the day on a Wed?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Train from Buenos Aires

Rosario Jan 3, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Are there any trains to Rosario from Buenos Aires please? And if so how much does it cost to catch one?

Thank you,
      Vicki

• JanuszBudd's Profile Photo

South Patagonia in 6-7 days

Argentina Jan 1, 2015 at 8:40 AM

I am arriving at El Calafate in March by plane from BA and have 6-7 days to explore the area. Would greatly appreciate suggestion of where to go and see/do during this time. Also suggested means of transportation – bus or plane. PS I am senior traveller so hiking demanding tracks is rather not for me. Appreciate any advice Janusz

2 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Swimming in Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires Dec 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I like to swim in rivers and the sea, open air pools. Have you any recommendations please? We are in Buenos Aires in early February, 2014.

Thank you
      Vicki

• accomodation

Buenos Aires Dec 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM

What is the best area to stay in and what do reasonably priced
      hotels, homestays, apartments etc cost in that area. We arrive mid january. Masi Cho, Dave

2 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    • tatsamurai's Profile Photo

Transfer from AEP to EZE

Buenos Aires Dec 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Aerolineas Argentinas suddenly cancelled my flight from Ushuaia to Ezeiza Airport. Now I'm flying into Newbery but my flight back to the U.S. still leaves from Ezeiza. What is the safest, surest and most direct way to make that transfer (without walking out of the airport) ?

4 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

football game

Buenos Aires Dec 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Ola

Estoy en Buenos Aires en el ultimo semana de enero 2015. Esta possible ver Boca Junios o River Plate?
      Y como adquiero tickets?

Gracias,

Tobias

1 Answer Dec 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Stored luggage in airport locker at AZE international airport Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires Dec 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Wanting to leave some luggage in a locker for about three weeks at the Ministro Pistarini (AZE) airport. Various information suggests I can but so far cannot confirm.... Could someone please advise.?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Mendoza Dec 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM

hi

I will leave Santiago de Chile with a bus from Andesmar to Mendoza in January 2015.
      From which Terminal do they leave?

And on the website of Andesmar they talk about the Output Habilitation Rate for entering Argentina.
      Does this apply for me? I have Dutch nationality.

I think it is very strange that I can buy a bus ticket on the website of Andesmar and that they don't give vital information. They don't respond on my email as well.

Thanks

Tobias

3 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • Route recommendation

Argentina Dec 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hi,
      We would like to visit the following places in Argentina. We start from Buenos Ayres and want to end at the Iguaso.

The places in between we would like to see are: El Calafate, the Perito moreno, Torres del Payna in Chile, El Chalten, Puerto Madryn and a week at Bariloche and the 7 lakes.

We will appreciate the following type of info:
      - the preferred route
      - type of transportation preferred between each 2 points (no problem with buses up to 8 hours, if diferent companies please advice for the best and the problematic ones (if any)
      - to do and not recommended to do things. - All relevant info will be accepted with thanks

2 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 12:33 PM