Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• slowbackpackers's Profile Photo

kayak trip from Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche 3 hours ago

dear travelmates,
      Together with my husband I am going to come to Bariloche next month, October and we are planning an exciting tour with lot of hiking and most of all kayaking. Our plan is to travel bvy kayak the river Limay and the Rio Negro all the way down to the sea. First we thought about bringing our own kayaks from Spain but the cost to transport them would be higher than what we have paied for them in the first place... now we have checked out some shops but I would rather like to get a second hand one. Does anybody know about a place where we could get 2 second hand kayaks or can anybody get us in contact with somebody?
      We already counted in to stay about 2 weeks in Bariloche to get all or stuff ready but maybe here we can find somebody to help us.
      all the best
      Monika and Gustavo

more
    • Couple's trip to Buenos Aires and Mar Del Plata

Mar del Plata Sep 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM

We're headed to BA in November with 4 nights in BA and 3 in MDP. Any advice, suggestions or tips would be appreciated as it is our first trip there. We're African-American, in our forties and relatively healthy/active. We are not novice travelers and fairly adventurous; we've traveled throughout Europe in the past but wanted to try someplace different. Our hotels are Park Silver Obelisco(BA) and Riviera (MDP). I particularly need guidance on beaches in MDP. I want to relax under an umbrella with easy access to bars and music, with some time in the water. Are there private or restricted beaches that would offer these things without being packed in like sardines? How much should I expect to pay for such?

more
    • Bus from EZA

Buenos Aires Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What and where is the nearest bus station that will take me to San Rafael, Argentina?

more

Buenos Aires Sep 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We're headed to BA in November with 4 nights in BA and 3 in MDP. Any advice, suggestions or tips would be appreciated as it is our first trip there. We're African-American, in our forties and relatively healthy/active. We are not novice travelers and fairly adventurous; we've traveled throughout Europe in the past but wanted to try someplace different. Our hotels are Park Silver Obelisco(BA) and Riviera (MDP).

more

Mar del Plata Sep 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM

We're headed to BA in November with 4 nights in BA and 3 in MDP. Any advice, suggestions or tips would be appreciated as it is our first trip there. We're African-American, in our forties and relatively healthy/active. We are not novice travelers and fairly adventurous; we've traveled throughout Europe in the past but wanted to try someplace different. Our hotels are Park Silver Obelisco(BA) and Riviera (MDP). I particularly need guidance on beaches in MDP. I want to relax under an umbrella with easy access to bars and music, with some time in the water. Are there private or restricted beaches that would offer these things without being packed in like sardines? How much should I expect to pay for such?

Buenos Aires Sep 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We're headed to BA in November with 4 nights in BA and 3 in MDP. Any advice, suggestions or tips would be appreciated as it is our first trip there. We're African-American, in our forties and relatively healthy/active. We are not novice travelers and fairly adventurous; we've traveled throughout Europe in the past but wanted to try someplace different. Our hotels are Park Silver Obelisco(BA) and Riviera (MDP).

3 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Bus from EZA

Buenos Aires Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What and where is the nearest bus station that will take me to San Rafael, Argentina?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • Volunteering at a hostel

Argentina Aug 11, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Hi guys!
      I am planning my gap year and I've saved money for flights, insurance and the odd beer :). My aim is to travel across Europe and then later go to Latin America. However, I am also looking at ways to save money to extend my trip for as long as possible.

Having spoken to several people who have travelled a lot, they said I should consider volunteering in a hostel. So I help out at the bar/reception/cleaning etc and get accommodation in return, which sounds awesome! Anyway having scoured a few websites, has anyone used HelpX or Worldpackers?
      HelpX (www.helpx.net) costs €20 or something for access to their hostel community. It's nothing compared to what I save on accommodation costs. There is also Worldpackers (www.worldpackers.com), which looks free and they seem to notify you when a hostel has a vacancy going in whichever country you may be travelling to.
      Would really appreciate some feedback if anyone has used either?!
      Cheers,
      Steve

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • el Chalten

El Calafate Aug 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM

will bi calafate for 2 days. is it worth the effort to travel to el chalten for one of those days?

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • oldfaithful's Profile Photo

Last minute to Antarctica

Ushuaia Aug 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM

What about last minute trips from Ushuaia to Antarctica ?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • El Calafate to Torres del Pane to Punta Arenas self drive

El Calafate Jul 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

As part of a S America trip, we arrive El Calafate mid November to stay 2 nights, visiting the glacier, then to Torres del Pane (? Hotel las Torres) 3 nights and on to Punta Arenas for a flight to Puerto Montt. Self drive is very much preferred.
      Can anyone help with advice on rental etc

1 Answer Jul 29, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • Bus transport from Resistencia to Salta

Resistencia Jul 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Bus companies, Time tables and fares from Resistencia to SaLTA

1 Answer Jul 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    • Is it safe

Buenos Aires Jul 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am planning to visit Buenos Aires in October, not joining a tour group. I heard that there are on going demonstrations all over the city. Will it be safe to visit and do individual tour?

5 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    • Going out tonight ?

Buenos Aires Jul 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Hey, we are five Irish girls who were booked into do the BA pub crawl tonight but it's cancelled now due to weather. Any good recommendations of bars/clubs to visit?

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • transport from Torres del Paine to El Calafate

El Calafate Jul 3, 2014 at 3:50 AM

I have heard it is possible to go from Torres del Paine to El Calafate by bus through Cerro Castillo without going all the way back to Puerto Nathales. Can you please advise

1 Answer Jul 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Black Exchange Dollars to Peso

Argentina Jun 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Where is the best place to exchange american dollar for argentinian peso? I heard that the exchange rate is much better on the "black exchange" rather than machines. Where does someone go to exchange in Argentina? Preferrably around the EZE Buenos Aires airport.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Traveling from Zapala to Bariloche

Argentina Jun 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM

What is a good bus to take from Zapala to Bariloche? Is there another optional that is more preferrable?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Best For Price form of transportation from Buenos Aires to Zapala

Buenos Aires Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

What is my best option for the price? Bus? Plane? What are the companies that offer these services?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Do Taxis/ Remis take mastercards?

Buenos Aires Jun 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi, soon I will be arriving in Buenos Aires, but I'll only be there for one night before continuing to Uruguay. I've got a hostel in Monserrat, so I need to:

- Get from the manuel tienda leon bus stop to my hostel (catch a taxi from there)

- Get from my hostel to the Colonia Express terminal in La Boca via remis

I was just wondering if I'd be able to pay by debit card in the cars? If not, would it be possible to get change from $20 American bills? And if not that, how much would you think I would need to get from an ATM in the airport? Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Chocolate factories?

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 12, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Are there also chocolate factories in Bariloche, which offer good tours?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Jun 11, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi everybody! I'm planning a trip to Buenos Aires, and I heard about free walking tours given by a NGO called Cicerones de Buenos Aires - Greeters. Somebody has ever heard of them, or used them to discover the city? Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • Weather/Packing

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM

I will be visiting Bariloche towards the end of June. What is the weather like? How should I pack? Will skiing be an options?

• require massage and guide in mar del plata

Mar del Plata Jun 8, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I am here for 10 days.require massage.i only speak english.can someone help me with massage therapist contact details or even address.
      Also is there someone who can show me around,i will pay them.

• Shuttle bus between Buenos AIres International Airport and Jorge Newberry Airport

Buenos Aires Jun 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Is there a shuttle bus between Buenos Aires Intenational Airport and Jorge Newberry Airport? How frequent is the service? How much does it cost? Is it necessary to pre-book it?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Transportation to and from Tilcara, Argentina.

Tilcara Jun 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I can't figure out how to reserve a bus to Tilcara. Is X Colectivos the wrong site for this? I would be coming from either Buenos Aires or Jujuy. Does anyone know how to book this in advance?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • taxi service

Río Gallegos May 20, 2014 at 8:39 PM

need taxi from gallegos to punta arenas.has anyone done it and if so how much did it cost.

• penny_g's Profile Photo

Argentina - a good travel route

Argentina May 13, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Hi all,

I plan to visit Argentina in November (don't know if a good period) and that's first time in South America.

I am aware that distances are very long but would refrain from taking internal flights. I researched a bit and except of Buenos Aires I'd like to visit Mendoza and perhaps Chile?

Do you know some other places that are must-visit's, not too far away though? I know Patagonia and Ushuaio Falls should be the top but they are too far away for a coach ride.

Feel free to add any tips/share your experience - it will help me decide.

10 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 6:11 AM
    • Buying tourist items online

Ushuaia May 9, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Hi when i was there 3 years ago i bought an Antatctica hat i now regreat giving to my wife He he ,so now i would love to have on for my self, the shop was at the end where the musuum was, could you help me please Colin Moore Australia

• Bariloche in August

San Carlos de Bariloche Apr 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I am hoping to visit Bariloche around the 2nd August for a few days. Will there be much to do other than skiing during that time? Will we be able to get around and visit the lakes easily?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Brazil/Argentina trip

Puerto Iguazú Apr 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM

My wife and I are both british citizens. We are travelling to Rio, then planning to travel to Iguazu on our way to Buenos Aires. We would like to visit both sides of the falls, but we're coming from Foz du Iguacu Airport on a Friday and then travelling out from Puerto Iguazu Airport on the Monday (intending a day for each side of the falls). Is it better to stay in a hotel on the Brazilian or Argentinian side (we do not intend to stay at one of the more expensive places near the falls unfortunately). If we have just come from Brazil is it easier to stay there and then travel over just for our day trip to the Argentine side and then our trip to the airport on the Monday, or are we better to cross the border when we arrive on the Friday and nip back into Brazil for the day? We would rather stay in one hotel for the duration.

Is customs a reasonably straight forward job?

12 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Does somebody know about Cicerones de Buenos Aires? I heard they give free walking tours

4 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

buses in buenos aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Does anybody know how and where can you get a luxury coach for travelling from a hotel near Ministro Pistarini International Airport to Iguazu falls? Thanks.

10 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • Skiing in September. Mendoza or Bariloche

Argentina Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am planning a ski trip in September around Mendoza and/or Bariloche, but I am not sure how the snow condition and the weather there is. Will ski resort already close in the mid-September? How about the backcountry skiing in September? Hope there is someone could give me some suggestions.
      Thanks in advance!!
      zugi

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM