Argentina Travel Answers

change location
Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Is travel to El Calafate in April viable? Recommended day trips, sites and routes to follow?

by Tickled_Pink Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

hi there

WE are considering a two night, three day stay in El Calafate. We would mainly like to see the Perito Moreno Glacier. I have come to understand that we can stay in El Calafate and do day trips from there. Is this the best way to see the region?

* Is travel at the beginning of April a good time to visit this region?
* what is the average temperature
* What other sites or day trips are recommended to visit?
* What routes should we take?
* Is the cruise to Upsala, Onelli andSpegazzini glaciers recommended?
* If we sail the northern arm of the ARgentino lake towards Upsala, do we still overnight in El calafate

Thanking you in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Is travel to El Calafate in April viable? Recommended day trips, sites and routes to follow?

by vtveen Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

What other sites or day trips are recommended to visit?

You could visit a petrified forest nearby La Leona. We tried to find it by ourselves, but didn't succeed (although the scenery was great - flickr.com/photos/vtveen/341....
    I know there is (at least was) a local touroperator in El Calafate offering this as a day trip. You could try: losglaciares.com/bosquepetri...

I really don't know how the weather is in April, as we visited in late November.

happy travels
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xaver's Profile Photo

Re: Is travel to El Calafate in April viable? Recommended day trips, sites and routes to follow?

by xaver Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:08 AM

bookmarking

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Argentina Travel Answer Locations