Argentina Travel Answers

change location
Bibka's Profile Photo

Hotels in Buenos Aires

by Bibka Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Hello! We are planning to stay in Buenos Aires for 3 days in June this year (couple in young sixties). We are looking for a lodging with good connection to main site seeings, with reasonable pricing. Has anybody stayed at Tango Lodge, Palermo, Buenos Aires?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Buenos Aires

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

My friend Mike was in Buenos Aires over Christmas and raved out this little hotel in town. It's a little on the pricey side but if you reserve in advance the rates are a lot lower./ Here is the link;
    http://www.magnoliahotelboutique.com/

Personally I would stay in the Recoleta area of B.A. The area has lots of shops, night clubs and museums and it is much safer in my opinion than the majority of the downtown which is called the El Centro.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • milosstojanovic's Profile Photo

by milosstojanovic Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Hello, if you can find enough time, Iguazu falls is a must-see! You can check some details in: backpackingtravelpages.com/?...">backpackingtravelpages.com/?...
    I hope it helped :)

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

by milliturtle Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi, I just visited Buenos Aires in December and Palermo Soho is a nice looking area with lots of restaurants. I think it's basically reacheable by line B and D and buses, but with buses, you need exact change... we never manage to find enough coins to take the bus. Recoleta is nice, upscale, quiet, but close enough to the action. We walked from there to San Telmo. It's a bit of a long walk, but doable, and we went through Plaza de Mayo and Calle Florida.

We stayed at Apartamentos Rent in Buenos Aires in the Recoleta area (but listed under Retiro on Booking.com). It's a good location (quiet, safe, close to subte and supermarkets) and the rates are pretty good for the amount of space we got. It is a couple of blocks off Santa Fe, so you should not have any problems finding restaurants. The building looks a bit older and nondescript. The apartments are very new looking. Basically, the inside looked pretty much the same as the pictures posted. If you are interested, you should check the booking.com price. (We booked through there.) Sometimes it's cheaper than what's listed on their online booking site. Just remember booking.com does not include the 21% VAT and their website do. There does seem to be some discounts offered on their website.

www.rentinbuenosaires.com.ar

If you do end up staying there, remember to buy some baked goods from La Exposion (?) across the street. Every morning we could smell the fresh baked goods there and finally went and bought some stuff. They tasted as good as they smelled. :)

• Bibka's Profile Photo

by Bibka Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for all your answers. We are now looking for a hotel/hostel at Recoleta. I hope if we make an reservation in May for end of June that is enough time to get the place, is it?

Cheers to all!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Argentina Travel Answer Locations