Argelès-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location

Argeles Trains

by frosty_the_bear Online Now May 24, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Could you tell me how to get from Perpignan Airport to La Sirene/L'Hippocampe, Argeles-sur-Mer by train please and how much is it likely to cost? Many thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Argeles Trains

by cubsur Online Now May 24, 2011 at 4:20 AM

It is not all that hard to get to Argeles but La Sirene is a long way from the local station and the overall journey might be a bit convoluted given the irregularity of the trains. You might choose to take an airport transfer all the way. But here goes.

You first need to take the bus from the airport to Perpignan centre. This costs €4,50.

From Perpignan to Argeles the train takes about 15 minutes and costs €4,40. Trains run at random intervals from about 06.25 to 22.10 times in detail can be found at www.voyages-sncf.com

La Sirene is about 3km from the station. There are usually taxis waiting but if not, walk down the road about 50 metres to the taxi office. Last two times I was there I had to do this and make sure your French is up to scratch as no English was spoken.

I hope that tells you what you need to know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Argeles Trains

by cubsur Online Now May 24, 2011 at 4:23 AM

There are also buses from Perpignan to Argeles which do stop fairly close to la Sirene, at the Zone Commercial near the Carrefour hypermarket. Perpignan bus station is next to the railway station.

Current bus times at

cg66.fr/553-plan-et-horaires...

Look for Route 400. The bus fare in the area is only 1 Euro for any journey.

There are usually more buses in summer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines