Argelès-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location

toulouse-argeles-sur-mer

by anail Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 2:42 PM

How can i get from toulouse airport to argeles sur mer?I don't want to rent a car.Can somebody help me???????????

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: toulouse-argeles-sur-mer

by Beausoleil Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Here's the Toulouse airport web site. You can check connections from their site. english.toulouse.aeroport.fr...

You might also check bus connections.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I have gone through the transport links of the airport website, and you would end up on the railway (sncf) website because all the bus services - apart from the one from the airport to the city centre - do not help at all. The TourSud link does not work, and the other companies offer private charters.

So follow ranger's advice and take the train to Perpignan. From there you can take another train or the bus to Argeles.

On the TripAdvisor Forum is a post about the connection between Perpignan and Argeles:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1...

The person writes that even from Perpignan a taxi ride to Argeles would cost no more than 40 Euro.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I did exactly that journey last June.

The airport bus from Toulouse airport takes you into the city bus station, which is next to the railway station.

There are few direct trains Toulouse - Argeles (and certainly no TGV as they don't stop at Argeles) but a reasonable service by changing trains at either Narbonne or Perpignan. I changed trains at Narbonne and filled in the hour wait with a quick lunch at a bar opposite the station.

The current train timetable Toulouse - Narbonne - Perpignan - Argeles can be downloaded and printed from this website:

ter-sncf.com/Images/221_CERB...

Note that the trains marked TEOZ or TGV require reservation but provided there are seats available you can do this almost up to the last minute. The TER trains are local trains without reservation.

For the record I took the 1045 from Toulouse to Narbonne then the 1258 from Narbonne to Argeles.

Hope that helps.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines