Argelès-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location
rab333's Profile Photo

transport.

by rab333 Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 1:45 PM

I am arriving at Perpignan airport at 20:30 on 11th of june.What is the best means of transport to take me to Argeles-sur-mer?How far is it,?and how much is a taxi fare, Thanks, Rab.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Yso's Profile Photo

Re: transport.

by Yso Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:03 PM

Hi As far as I know there are no buses from the airport so it will have to be a taxi. I'm not sure how much a taxi will cost, but it's about 30KM Are you staying for a long time? If so, I strongly reccomend that you hire a car and go and visit some of the beautiful sights in the area (collioures, the Cathar castles, the vinyards!) I've just seen on the PO tourism site (pyreneesorientalestourisme.c...) that there is a shuttle bus form the airport to Perpignan bus station and train station. From there it is possible to get to Argeles. (I just checked, there are no trains to Argeles itself) Hope this is useful Yso

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Elainehead's Profile Photo

Re: transport.

by Elainehead Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 5:37 PM

Hi There is a shuttle bus to the train station (gare SNCF) and the bus station (gare routière). Airport Shuttle Bus "Les Courriers Catalans" (4,50 euros, 1h of transport until train station), stop at the bus station, place Catalogne and train station. Departure of bus 1h before firts plane and 1h after last plane. If you arrive at the train station before 9h40 PM, you may succeed taking the last train to Argelès-sur-mer that leaves at 9h49 PM (arriving at 10h07 PM in Argelèes-sur-mer). Fare: 3,80 Euros. www.voyage-sncf.com According to Argelès-sur-mer Tourist Office, Perpignan airport is 25 km away from Argelès. Argelès-sur-mer Tourist Office web site in French: http://www.argeles-sur-mer.com For further info, send an e-mail to Argelès-sur-mer Tourist Office at: infos@argeles-sur-mer.com Elaine

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Re: Re: transport.

by Elainehead Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 5:39 PM

Ops the correct web site for train schedules and fares is: http://www.voyages-sncf.com

• rab333's Profile Photo

Re: Re: transport.

by rab333 Online Now Jun 3, 2004 at 10:01 AM

Thanks for your help.I think since we are arriving in the evening it will be easiest to take a taxi Thanks again. Rab

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines