change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flying to Iquitos from Lima

Peru Dec 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hi,
      I've heard that you can get cheaper tickets (return for around €120) at Lima airport.

Can anyone confirm this?

What's the cheapest way to get return flights?
      I need to fly from Lima to Iquitos and back again next week.

Flight prices are looking to be around €216 - €250 return... which I think is a bit expensive.

Cheers! :-)

more
    • Virgin Vacation

Machu Picchu Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

any VT mbrs heard/used Virgin Vacation to Lima (cusco,etc)?

more
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

how to get from Lima airport to hotel

Peru Dec 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM

two quetsions 1) any reccomendation of hotels, small friendly, central to stay in Lima have two nights.
      2) best and safest way to get from airport to hotel ( am female travelling solo)

more
    • Physical requirement

Machu Picchu Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

How difficult is it to tour this place? I will be joining a 48 hours land tour while in a SA cruise. I have a lower back & minor knee problem. Should I completely avoid this once in a lifetime tour. I do 30 minutes walks every two days but am not sure if my body can handle such a "steep" climb. Any information, recommendation, feedback will be greatly appreciated.I am determined to visit & see this wonder and didn't mind paying a lot for this tour.
      Also, I hear from others that have been there that the high altitude may also pose a problem particularly for those w/some breathing problem..feedback please. Thank you

more
    • camera shops

by timbo330 Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Hi I'm travelling to Arequipa tomorrow and I need to replace the zoom lens for my Canon Camera that was stolen in Cusco before we go Condor watching in Colca. Can anyone tell me a good camera shop in Arequipa?

7 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • truck and driver

by johnschenck Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I am looking for a truck and driver to take us for the day to Chiguata and Salinas Lagoon.

• chunchie2's Profile Photo

Gentle climb to snow

by chunchie2 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 5:26 AM

We are traveling to Aerquipa (July 1, 2013)and have 2 boys ages 9 and 11 who have never been in snow. Is there snow on the volcanoes in July. Can someone suggest an easy trip to go up to the snow line without gearing up for a summit climb.
      thanx

• From Arequipa to Tacna

by danibtavares Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Hi, i need to know if there are any domestics flights from arequipa straight to tacna, where i am planing on crossing the border to arica by taxi and there taking a bus or another flight to santiago.

i read that there is such option, but i can't find any more informations concerning fares and dates of theses flights, and where i can buy the tickets and board...

thanks!

3 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    • dogma505's Profile Photo

Best place to photograph.....Arequipa or Ayuchuco for Semana Santa?

by dogma505 Online Now Sep 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Hi

I am a professional photographer and I am documenting Semana Santa across the Americas and am looking for info on which location has the best and most photogenic opportunities for Holy Week. This year I shot in Antigua, Guatemala which was amazing and am looking for something as dynamic.

Thank you for your insight.

Julien

• Colca canyon 2 or 3 days ??

by misterno683 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM

My dilemma is: 2 or 3 days ?
      I don't have much time and I would know if 2 days could be a good compromise.
      Thanks!!!

6 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • Tour Companies

by Kata_S Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Hi Everybody,

we are planning a trip to Peru in June. Could anyone recommend a tour company or tour guide in Arequipa? We are looking for a three to four day trekking-tour to Colca Canyon and surrounding area. We are interested in a tour off the beaten tourist path.

Thanks for answering!

Kata

2 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

Arequipa to La Paz

by TA7DS Online Now Nov 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Are there any direct flights to La Paz Bolivia on a lesser known airline? Thanks

2 Answers Nov 26, 2009 at 3:09 AM
    • getting to Chile from Arequipa...

by Rooosa Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to get to Northern Chile by bus from Arequipa? Are there any fees entering the country etc? I can't seem to find any bus company that goes from Peru to Chile.

3 Answers Nov 22, 2009 at 4:50 AM
    • Recommendations for Touring Companies

by ben_cj Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for reliable touring companies for kayaking/mountain biking in the Arequipa/Colca Canyon area that are not expensive? Thanks for the help.

B. Jones

• sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Things to do in Arequipa if not hiking the canyons

by sakuyaini Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Hi,
      I've read the forums on Arequipa and most, if not all, of the posts talk about hiking the canyons near Arequipa. I am taking my 12-yr old daughter with me and so, I am not thinking of hiking the canyons since I'm not sure how she'll handle the hike (and altitude). I also have history of getting altitude sickness so I dont want to risk getting sick when I have my daughter with me.
      That said, I still want to visit Arequipa ... is it still worth flying to Arequipa and staying there for about 2 days, just exploring the city ? will there be other things to do there ?

Thanks
      Maria

7 Answers Mar 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    • Arequipa or La Paz?

by krisfromtheval Online Now May 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Will be traveling to Peru in less than two weeks, and planning on doing the Machu Picchu hike, and then going to Puno/Lake Titicaca, and was wondering where to go after there. I've considered two stops--La Paz or Arequipa? What do you think will be a nice, big city, cultural experience after the hike and visiting the floating islands?

10 Answers Jun 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM
    • Suggetions for a 2 day itinerrary in the Colca Canyon

by syrinri21 Online Now May 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Hello everyone,

We are planning a 2 day trip to the Colca Canyon at the end of May. Can anyone suggest an itinerary for a 2 day trip from Arequipa? I am not sure if we should stay 2 nights or one night. We like to do this with out a tour. is that possiblle.
      Any recommendations on hotels, food, sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers May 12, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    • Llama treking / horseback riding?

by happy2travel2 Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM

What are the best tour groups that offer llama treking or horsebackriding in Colca / Catahuasi? At most, we would be spending a total of 7 days in Arequipa and the canyon-area. Also, if we can only do one of the two canyons, which is the better option and offers better landscapes for photo ops? We're planning on a summer trip. Thanks.

• mag0408's Profile Photo

Cañon del Colca

by mag0408 Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 1:47 AM

My husband and me want to make a trekk in Colca - Arequipa. We have approx. 5 days. Who has experience?Is it difficult? We do need to take everything with us i.e. tent, meals,etc? we do need a guide or can we make it alone? It is dangerous? how mts are the highest pass? Every information ist wellcome

thanks a lot!

Mag

2 Answers Dec 11, 2006 at 10:35 AM
    • CruzdelSur buses

by cheaptourist Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 3:52 PM

Anyone have any experience travelling from Lima to Arequipa on the bus in VIP class?
      Dave

1 Answer Jul 19, 2006 at 10:19 AM
    • colca? where to book?

by Hayde Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Hi, I'm going to Arequip next week and I would like to do a trekking in Colca Cañon. Does somebody knows where or how I can book it?

All suggestions are welcome!!!

Hayde

8 Answers Jun 4, 2006 at 4:29 PM
    • From La Paz to Colca Canyon?

by BCCK Online Now May 24, 2006 at 6:50 AM

We'll be departing La Paz and heading to Colca Canyon. Does anyone know if the shortest (or easiest) way to Colca Canyon is through Puno and Arequipa? We want to avoid back-tracking, but then again, you often arrange the easiest trips out of central locations like Arequipa.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 25, 2006 at 7:50 AM
    • Diabo_Verde's Profile Photo

Best thing-to-do in Arequipa (?)

by Diabo_Verde Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 8:31 PM

Well, I believe the most famous Thing-to-do in Arequipa is the Colca Canion. BUT, ive read a plenty of posts talking how disspointing it was. Just read a couple of backpakers saiyng it was great. Im going there right now in april...

So, I ask you. Is that the best option for someone who ill saty there for 2d/1night?

Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Jun 21, 2006 at 11:46 AM
    • How long......

by ailishk Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 3:39 AM

I'm flying in to Arequipa and then I need to get to La Paz. Does anyone know how long of a journey that trip is by bus? Are there any other ways to get to La PAz from Arequipa?
      thanks in advance

2 Answers Mar 16, 2006 at 8:03 AM
    • Looking for house for the winter

by njeanfinney Online Now Nov 19, 2005 at 5:58 AM

Hi - I am a single mature American woman - I would like to rent a house in Arequipa for the winter Dec - Jan - Feb but I am not finding any notices - It seems quite difficult - I would like something quiet and nice - up to 600 dollars a month would be great - thanks for any help! Jean

7 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 8:16 AM
    • paulcantlon's Profile Photo

Buying a camera in Arequipa

by paulcantlon Online Now Jul 16, 2005 at 1:56 PM

Hello everyone.
      We had our camera's stolen today on the bus from Pisco to Ica. Is there anywhere that we can buy a decent camera (digital, not too expensive) in Arequipa?
      Please help.
      Thank you

ps. fellow travellers beware of people distracting you on the bus and touching your bags. DON´T LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR GEAR!!

• jdsmith500's Profile Photo

Flight from Nazca to Arequipa???

by jdsmith500 Online Now May 3, 2005 at 7:31 PM

Does anyone know if there are regular flights or if a flight can be arranged from Nazca to Arequipa? How much?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 2:39 PM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Longer trip to Colca Canyon- Is it possible?

by adelinemmc Online Now Mar 15, 2005 at 5:15 AM

Hi!
      We are two females coming to Arequipa somnetime in July. I have mostly seen 2 days trips to the canyon & I guess most do not take you in the canyon, mostly to the edge for the condor watching thing.
      Are there agancies in Arequipa who can take us to the canyon via the usual (the hot spings etc...) but for a bit longer like 3 days or maybe 4, and maybe to explore the canyon a bit further?

We don't really want to do it indenpendently due to concern about our safety (2 women alone in middle of nowhere, no way) Any tips welcomed!
      Tx
      Adeline

4 Answers Jun 15, 2006 at 7:14 AM
    • Air Travel From Peru to Chile

by GGent16 Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:28 PM

My wife and I are going to Peru for 16 days (ground time). She has always wanted to go to Santiago, so I thought we could carve out 5 or 6 days to check it out. The problem is that I have found it is very expensive to fly from Peru to Santiago. I have cheaper alternatives, such as flying from Lima to Arequipa for85 and then travel to Arica and fly to Santiago for150, but given our short time, I was hoping there would be a cheaper quick alternative. My preference is to just spend all our time in Peru, but I thought I should check it out for her. Thanks

1 Answer Mar 1, 2005 at 9:17 AM
    • Colca canyon by tour or not????

by jojo4 Online Now Feb 13, 2005 at 7:04 PM

Hi I am looking to travel to Arequipa at the end of this year. I was wanting to know if it is best to go with a tour and if so what companies could you recommend??? I hear there are buses running reasonably frequently from Arequipa to Chivay and on to the Cabanaconde. Has anyone gone without a tour company what was your experience? i have approximately 3 days to see the canyon. Thanks Jo

2 Answers Aug 22, 2005 at 10:00 PM
    • oceania26's Profile Photo

Weekend trip from Lima to Arequipa

by oceania26 Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 8:07 AM

I only have the weekend to make a couple of trips around Peru and I really would like to Colca Canyon while I'm in Peru. There's a 1.5 hour flight from Lima to Arequipa, but I hear it's about a 5 hour journey from Arequipa to the canyon...is it possible for me to make this trip in a weekend? I'm thinking it might be better to go with a day tour, can anyone suggest a company? Anyone know the cost of the airfare from Lima to Arequipa? Any other info will be greatly appreciated. The other weekend trip I'm hoping to take is to Iquitos. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 3, 2005 at 7:52 PM
    • Arequipa

by SteveAries Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 3:43 AM

I am trying to fit as much into 2 weeks as possible without trying too much. I was planning to get to Arequipa on August 18th and leave for Cusco during the afternoon of Aug 21st. Is this realistic? What should I try and do with my two full days there? - Colca Canyon; El Misti; should I go straight to Chivay? Will I need to aclimatise to the altitude? - we are likely to go there straight from Lima. If this isn't realistic, I will probably just stay in Cuzco, with a few days in Lima. I don't fancy Lake Titicaca and my girlfriend won't go to the jungle at Puerto Maldonado. Any advice would be great, thanks for reading. Steve

8 Answers Jan 7, 2007 at 11:06 AM
    • Hualcupen's Profile Photo

how to return from Puno to Lima? via Arequipa or Cuzco?

by Hualcupen Online Now Dec 2, 2004 at 8:50 AM

I´m planning a trip from Argentina to Peru. Will fly Bs As-Lima, and then Lima-Cuzco, to go to Machu Picchu. After that, taking the PeruRail, will go to Puno and titicaca lake. The question is: to return from Puno to Lima, what route should I take? again the same train, or I should take a Bus (I´ve been said that train between Puno Arequipa are not available) to Arequipa traveling a new route, and there fly to Lima? thanks

3 Answers Jun 9, 2005 at 3:37 PM
    • English teaching jobs in Arequipa?

by Shankos Online Now Jun 6, 2004 at 3:49 PM

Hi! Im trying to find any teaching type job, of any length(up to a year) in Arequipa. Any ideas anyone? Any contacts would be awesome! Thanks Stephan

1 Answer Jun 11, 2004 at 4:58 AM