Arequipa Travel Answers

change location

misti, chachani, coropuna

by palamede Online Now Oct 25, 2003 at 7:58 PM

my name is daniel and i would like to hear from vt members with experience on climbing v. misti, chachani and coropuna. Thanks. daniel

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ellismichael62's Profile Photo

Re: misti, chachani, coropuna

by ellismichael62 Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hello Daniel;
    Chachani I climbed several years ago. Was fun just a simple really trekking peak just the only pron=blem a 6000 meter trekking peak. The thing is where are yo coming from. If from Cusco and you did something like the Ausengate trek then sure go for it por in Huaraz and di like the Santa Cruz trek. It kind of is just a volcano that just comes up with no real mountain range which is the same for Coropuna, which I climbed two years ago. It is a Ad climb more vertical and higer probaly a AD climb great for someone who has climbed a littlr and is near ready to step up to more difficult climbs plus it is hard to get to and local buses well are that great South American slow riding bumpy ride. www.summitpost.org has some great info from various climbers. I actually will be in Arerquipa to visit friends in May, so maybe I ll see you there except I will not be climbing. Hope this helps in some way. Oh yes there is a guide there named Carlos Zarate who could either be your guide or you could look him up on the web, I think he still guides climbs out of Arequipa.
    Hope you have a great time;
    Michael Ellis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines