Travel Answers
Arenal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

transportation

Costa Rica Dec 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM

does anyone have information on car rentals at the airport and other locations around jaco. how much should it be? where is the best place to rent a car. also is there scooter rentals anywhere.

more
    • Transportation from Juan Santanaria International to Lafortuna

San José Dec 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I wondering what is the best way to go La Fortuna from the airport. My flight arrived at 3:45pm.

Marina

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

what type of money is used

Costa Rica Dec 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

what form of currency is accepted in costa rica

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hola!
      Ok, we are about to leave for San Jose, then Quepos, with a couple day stop in Cartago for work first. I am braving it by renting a car out of the airport. Two questions please:
      1. For some reason I am kinda nervous about driving in and around San Jose. I speak a bit of Spanish and normally I am an excellent driver (live in LA and have driven in many places). Are there any different rules or customs that will get me in trouble? Should I take this more seriously than just going for it?

2. My first leg will be driving from the main airport and then down towards Cartago. I see what looks easy in taking Highway 1 to Highway 39 to Highway 2. But I am looking at Google earth and see they have many alternate names. My question is if they post the highway names very well, or should I write down and look for every one of these Calles y Avenidas?

Should I just take a taxi! Or should I just not worry, It mostly makes sense????

Thanks ahead for any advise.
      Rich.

more
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

Costa Rica

Costa Rica Dec 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Anyone been to Costa Rica lately? Tips on road travel please.

more
    • Active Volcanos

by jackberry Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Arriving in La Fortuna next week for three days and was wondering which volcanoes are active presently? I heard that Arenal is only spewing steam presently.
      Also the free hot springs at Tabacon are they worth going to.
      Thanks for your relies
      Jack

1 Answer Jan 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    • hot springs

by spydergirl Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Hi, which hot springs would you recommend going to at arenal area? tabacond? baldi?
      thanks!

2 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • MStars's Profile Photo

Hot Springs

by MStars Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Upon entering the Arenal National Park, are there hot springs within the park we can check out ourselves, or is the only access to them through the resorts, like Tabacon or Baldi?

3 Answers Jan 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    • MStars's Profile Photo

Red Lava Tours

by MStars Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Does anyone have any info/opinion/experience with the Red Lava Tours?

I googled it, and the results were some postings on other websites about it being a tour reseller with credit fraud, not having a valid website, and having legal issues from using another company's trademark.

My friend booked us on a daytrip through one of the major hostel websites (hostelworld.com)a while back, and I just realized it's associated with this Red Lava Tour. We picked it because the tour is 6 hours long and supposedly ends at Tabacon river.

Have we been duped??!!

2 Answers Dec 18, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    • Arenal Observatory Lodge

by travelqueen08 Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Hi
      My husband and I are going to be travelling to CR end of Jan08. For the Areanal area we choose the 'Arenal Observatory Lodge' as our base! Can anyone, who has recently stayed there, let me know what they thought of it. Also, is it very out of the way and far from the surrounding 'towns' and things to do? We were thinking of staying at the Tobacon, but I thought that's a bit too 'Manicured' to choose as a place to stay in CR.
      I will welcome any comments.
      Thanks,
      J

4 Answers Jan 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM
    • amybear's Profile Photo

How bumpy a ride from San Jose to Arenal area?

by amybear Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 4:21 PM

Hello,
      I am planning a trip down to the Arenal Volcano area for November, and I understand the ride from the airport is a 3 hour drive.
      What I'm more concerned about is the safety of the drive.
      Does the route out to the Arenal/ La Fortuana area involve alot of steep roads, with no barriers and sharp turns...that sort of thing.
      I like to think I'm a pretty intrepid traveler, but I do get uncomfortable driving in treacherous conditions...
      I know the roads down there aren't great...but would anyone call them...hazardous? Please be honest...
      Any thoughts from those who have gone that way...
      Thanks,
      Amy

5 Answers Sep 11, 2005 at 8:11 AM
    • amybear's Profile Photo

How bumpy a ride from San Jose to Arenal area?

by amybear Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Hello,
      I am planning a trip down to the Arenal Volcano area for November, and I understand the ride from the airport is a 3 hour drive.
      What I'm more concerned about is the safety of the drive.
      Does the route out to the Arenal/ La Fortuana area involve alot of steep roads, with no barriers and sharp turns...that sort of thing.
      I like to think I'm a pretty intrepid traveler, but I do get uncomfortable driving in treacherous conditions...
      I know the roads down there aren't great...but would anyone call them...hazardous? Please be honest...
      Any thoughts from those who have gone that way...
      Thanks,
      Amy

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Driving from Tamarindo to Tabacon

by dbeatty Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 9:18 PM

Whaddaya think? How long and how difficult would this be? I'm having a dilemma with my flight and luggage weight. Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2005 at 2:04 PM
    • dbeatty's Profile Photo

Tabacon Area Activities

by dbeatty Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 8:00 AM

I'm looking for activities for two days around Tabacon Resort. I'm thinking hiking, rafting, anything else exciting ...I know about the hot springs. We like to hike independently, any trail tips?

1 Answer Mar 3, 2005 at 8:51 AM
    • bdaguy's Profile Photo

driving to las plam on the carrib. coast

by bdaguy Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 6:47 AM

any advice on route ,time and weather .. yes i have 4wd :)

• DeborahATL's Profile Photo

shuttle from Liberia to Arenal area

by DeborahATL Online Now Oct 24, 2004 at 5:34 PM

I am arriving in Costa Rica at Liberia Airport on 11/6 and will be staying the first 2 nights near Arenal, then 5 nights in Tamarindo. I have found inexpensive shuttle transfers for everything except Liberia to Arenal. Interbus leaves at noon and my flight does not arrive until 1 p.m. Is transportation pretty to arrange once you arrive or will I be stuck paying180 for a private transfer? Does anyone know of another shuttle service?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2004 at 1:11 PM