Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rid_gines's Profile Photo

Room in Nosara

Nosara Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Hey All!

I will be volunteering at a school in Nosara from September til mid November and am looking for a place to stay. I like having people around. A shared apartment or anything like that would be great. Any ideas on how to find one?

more
    • Wheelchair accessibility

by lifecoach Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

We're planning to visit Costa Rica with our daughter who uses a wheelchair to get around. I'm wondering if there is a good transportation company with wheelchair access also any suggestions on accommodation, there will be 5 of us.
      I'm also wanting to know if using a power wheelchair would be possible or would she have to use her manual one.
      One more thing :-), is there one area over another that would best accommodate someone in a wheelchair. Thank you

• bussing out

by oneandone Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM

we will be renting a car to get to la fortuna and then turning it in in La Fortuna. I can see there is a bus out to San Jose, but we are needing to head toward Jaco. is there a place to transfer, or must we go to San Jose?

• Are the Hot Springs safe?

by cazzmania Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM

OK, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I read about leptospirosis being a problem in Costa Rica. Does anyone know if you can get it by swimming in the hot springs? Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    • dilydim's Profile Photo

Affordable Accommodation?

by dilydim Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM

We're going to spend a couple of days in the Arenal/Fortuna area and need an affordable place to stay. I would prefer a small hotel/B&B. Hostel would do as long as there are individual rooms as opposed to dorm style. Our max budget is40-50 per night for two people.
      Since we're not renting a car I would prefer somewhere closer to the site.

2 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 10:41 AM
    • waltinsocal's Profile Photo

La Fortuna Taxi Fares

by waltinsocal Online Now Jan 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM

This weekend begins my stay at the Arenal Lodge. I know it is a bit of a ways from La Fortuna. My question is this, does anyone have any recent experience with the cost of a taxi from the Arenal Lodge to La Fortuna? Also, does anyone know what the taxi fare is from La Fortuna Airport to La Fortuna itself? Thanks to all.

1 Answer Feb 12, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    • monica71's Profile Photo

Transportation in Costa Rica

by monica71 Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 7:53 AM

Hello,
      We are planning a 7 days vacation to Costa Rica in March 2008. We would like to stay 1 day in San Jose to see the city and then move towards Fortuna, Arenal and Monteverde. We are trying to decide what transportation we should consider: renting a car (we do not speak Spanish and heard both, good and bad things about driving in Costa Rica) or taking a shuttle bus from San Jose to Arenal (I know Interbus and Fantasy Bus have daily shuttle buses).
      Any other tips that would enhance our vacation experience in Costa Rica are greatly appreciated!
      Thank you in advance for your help!
      Monica

3 Answers Jul 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    • PLACES TO STAY,THINGS TO DO?

by SAMTIMFAM Online Now Nov 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM

HELLO,

WOULD ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHERE TO STAY AND WHAT TO DO WHEN WHEN IN ARENAL COSTA RICA. WE WILL BE GOING IN JULY 2008?

WE WERE WONDERING ABOUT THE SPRINGS? TABACON VS BALDI
      WE HAD READ BAD THINGS ABOUT TABACON DATED 2005 AND WONDER IF ANY BETTER NOW?

WE ARE NOT SURE OF THE LOCATION TO STAY. MAYBE ARENAL LODGE VS OBSERVATORY LODGE?

ANY NICE LOCAL PLACES TO EAT?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

SAMTIMFAM

2 Answers Nov 28, 2007 at 11:27 AM
    • janke_M's Profile Photo

Tours from San Jose

by janke_M Online Now Aug 6, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Does anyone recommend a tour that will pick you up at your hotel in San jose for the day to the volcano and hot springs?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2007 at 10:41 AM
    • waltinsocal's Profile Photo

Getting to Arenal via Nature Air

by waltinsocal Online Now Jul 10, 2007 at 2:42 PM

I have posted a similar question in the San Jose forum but am not sure if that is the best place. In short, we are flying into the main airport (Santamaria/SJO) in San Jose, but Nature Air flies out of Tobias Bolanos Airport. Has anyone in this forum used Nature Air, and could anyone give my a good estimate of the amount of time it takes to get from Santamaria/SJO Airport to Tobias Bolanos Airport? Thanks to all!!

2 Answers Jul 27, 2007 at 10:09 AM