Arches National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Las vegas how many miles to go?

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM

From Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon,how long it will take me?

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • 2 weeks trip from Zion to southern california

Utah Mar 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hi there,

I am planning a trip for September 2014 for 2 weeks, we are a French couple in our 40's. we would like to mix our holidays with some hiking and then some rest /visiting the southern coast of California. We know pretty well Northern California. In France we are based in the French Alps.
      I have a main itinerary in mind but would appreciate few pointers to adjust the logistic/itinerary.
      First week we would like to concentrate our visit to Zion Park & Bryce, couple of days each to have a fair amount of time for hiking.
      Then we would like to drive off from Las Vegas to L.A and possibly go down to San Diego.
      So first question : I was wondering if I should take a flight from Paris to Las Vegas or Salt lake city ?
      Looking at the map if I we start off from Las vegas, we would drive up to Zion and Bryce and go back down by more or less the same route. Would it be more interesting to land in Salt lake and drive down to Zion, Bryce and then to Las vegas etc ...
      Secondly : 1 week ish would be sufficient to visit the coast from Santa Barbara to San Diego ? ( not having to rush around)
      Are we trying to fit too many things or drive too much over two weeks ?
      Many thanks in advance for your ideas !

more
    • Footwear for hiking

by cday2 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Would Nike be a smart brand of footwear to wear?

9 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • Arches for Senior Citizens

by Caroljuliana Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM

My mum is elderly and she knee problems. She would not be able to hike at all. Can she still enjoy the scenery from the car?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • CraigT's Profile Photo

Winter at Utah National Parks?

by CraigT Online Now Jan 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM

We're heading west to ski and had a couple of extra days. We're considering some of the national parks in southern Utah which appear to be 4-6 hours away from SLC by car. I can't find any clear information as to if the parks are a good idea in the winter (late February). Are the parks open, can you see plenty of sites if you drive through or are they hiking venues. Are the lodges open? Can you suggest if we had a day and a half what we might want to see in Southern Utah. I have interests in photography. Thanks, Craig

20 Answers Jan 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    • travel between Bryce, Arches back to Vegas

by rrhachem Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

We are first time travelers to the Arizona and Utah parks and taking an RV in July/August with the children (9 and 12).

After doing Zion, North Rim GC and Bryce for 2 nights each, we have 4 nights left before returning the RV to Las Vegas the last morning. I am tempted to dash from Bryce to see Arches and then swing back to Vegas for the RV drop. Is this feasible and worth it or will we be racing around? If recommended, how should we plan the trip? Should we drive straight from Bryce to Arches? stop over in Lake Powell? What is the best way from Arches back to Vegas?
      Thanks

9 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Where's the place to be for Sunsets?

by swdke Online Now Dec 31, 2009 at 6:22 AM

For sunset viewing of the rocks, where's the best location to best enjoy the changing colors?

6 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 8:36 AM