Arcachon Travel Answers

change location
mfas2000's Profile Photo

Any beaches there?

by mfas2000 Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 12:53 AM

hi there. anybody live or passed by Arcachon? I need more information on this town, what can we expect here, and does it have any beaches?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lorgnierl's Profile Photo

Re: Any beaches there?

by lorgnierl Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 1:35 AM

of course they are have a look on my pages (arcachon, bordeaux) i live in bordeaux but i m every sunday in arcachon for diving take care if you go and swim in the ocean about baines, tehy are dangerous, in the bassin, not a lot a\of danger, but keep kids on your eyes what do you need exactly to know that i ve not on my pages? lionel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mfas2000's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Any beaches there?

by mfas2000 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 12:33 AM

thanks for the response.. We thinking about going to Bordeaux and from there head to the beach in Arcachon. my q 1-Is there a bus or train between Bordaux and Arcachabon? how far is the trip? 2-How far the trip from Paris to Bordaux? What can we see in Bordaux? 3- what can wee see in Arcachabon, other than the beach?

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Any beaches there?

by lorgnierl Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 1:49 AM

waouh a lot of question i guess the best ways to go to arcachon are to take the train (sncf.com) or rent a car between paris and bordeaux : 3hours by train what you can see in bordeaux , the city is nice and need some days, but you cannot miss st emilion, you could go to cognac, you have to visit a castlle and try wine arcachon, i still don t know when you will come, the beaches, the city is small but pretty, you have to clim the Dune du Pyla (the highest in europe) (you need courage), to have a cruise and go to the birds islands or see the cabane tchanquee (houses in the movie 37.8), there is a zoo not so far even i hope that you ll join me for a coffee, and i could better help you to visit the area (dordogne is not so far, and you could have some nice spots) lionel

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines