Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boxing Day

Edinburgh Nov 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I'll be in Edinburgh over the Christmas holiday and wondering what will be open on Boxing Day. I know the museums and castles are closed, but what about shops and restaurants? Will there be anything for me to do that day?

Also, on Christmas day I want to eat somewhere nice but not stuffy - kind of old school/traditional with a good, warm environment. I'm staying in New Town and will be alone. Any advice?

• 3 day trip

Scotland Nov 3, 2015 at 2:40 PM

My boyfriend and I be in the Blair Atholl area for a wedding and am wondering if it's worth travelling afield, or whether there's enough to keep you entertained in Blair Atholl for 3 days. We are travelling from London, via Edinburgh and would love to visit a very remote, scenic village with good (mild) walking tours and small, local pubs. Any suggestions please??

• Budget accomodation in Arbroath

by Jenaf Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Help Please!!
      Looking for budget accomodation in Arbroath for 3 nights in August. Have searched net, all looks very expensive. Happy to stay in youth hostel (there are none), self-catering, caravan parks (only take bookings for 1 week). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Even look at Carnoustie or Dundee - not too far away.
      Thanks for any advice

3 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM