Arad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Szlak na Moldoveanu

Fagaras Jul 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM

bardzo proszę o pomoc. Czy istnieje szlak z miejscowości Vistisoara na Moldoveanu? Jak on przebiega? Jaki jest długi, ile czasu potrzeba? Czy po drodze jest schronisko?

vă rugăm să ajute. Există o pistă de la Vistisoara sat la Moldoveanu? Ca el conduce? Ce este pe termen lung, cât de mult timp ai nevoie? Este modul în care un adăpost?

Teresa

more
    • any news from sewerage in Constanta

Constanta Jun 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Hi,
      I've heard from a relative that there were heavy rains in the region of Constanta and the sewage floded the roads.
      Is that true? Can anyone update me on this as I am traveling there tomorrow.

Thanks,
      A

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Car rental

Bucharest Jul 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I will be arriving at Bucharest and departing Bucharest - will spend about 1.5 weeks touring Romania and have a rough itenary already.

I don't plan to drive in Bucharest but plan to rent a car to explore the cities - for about a week, then return the car and explore Bucharest via public transportation.

Any good recommendation on car rental company and is it easy to drive and navigate around from city to city?

more
    • OTOPENI at night

Romania Jul 7, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Hello, i am considering using a flight departing from OTOPENI at 5.00. That means i ll have to use transportation at night. And i prefer not to use a taxi. I'd rather use a shuttlebus. Does anyone know what time the last shuttelbus to the airport leaves from the city? Also,i want to know whether it is safe to stay alone at OTOPENI at night?

more
    • Flootings in Romania

Romania Jul 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I heard there have been floorings in Bulgaria recently. Is there any chance there will be floatings and/or heavy rainfalls in Romania in the month of august? Has there been such floorings in august the recent years?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2 days in Bucharest

Bucharest Jul 3, 2014 at 7:02 AM

What are the must see in Bucharest and how should I plan out to maximise these 2 days?

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Sighisoara to Chisinau route & Sighisoara questions :)

Sighisoara Jul 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hello all
      I'm hoping to travel from Sighisoara to Moldova but looking at the map, it's hard to know where to stop along the way. I'd rather avoid the 14-15 hour bus journey and I may well end up travelling from Bucharest, but only if needs be.
      Is Bacau, Iasi or maybe Galati worth spending a night or 2 in?
      I don't have time to check out the monasteries on this trip unfortunately.

And finally a Sighisoara related question :)
      Is 2 nights more than enough in the town? And are Targu Mures and Odorheiu Secuiesc good daytrip destinations?

more
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Hotel Victoria, Mamaia!

Romania Jun 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Hi There!
      Is it any comments on Hotel Victoria and its special deal of an all inclusive full board of
      meals and beverages?
      TKS in advance

more
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Hi Dear VTs!

Mamaia Jun 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I am planing to visit Romania(Bocharest and Mamaia during 1st fortnights of Sep.2014!
      Any comments about were to stay(which ave. or Str. or any exact name of a Hotel(3-4
      stars) or rental apartment(I enjoy cooking on holidays!)), How to get to Mamaia(how long
      is a rail trip?) and so on, will be highly appreciated!

more
    • Warnings and dangers in Romania

Romania Jul 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hello everyone, i am planning to go to Romania this summer. I would like to know if there are any warnings and/or dangers in Romania.

more

Is Nathans Villa hostel gone?

Sighisoara Jul 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hello all
      I tried to book accomodation in Nathans Villa hostel today, but I can't seem to get a contact email address or a website for the hostel. Can anyone provide contact details please? Does the hostel still exist?
      If not, can someone please recommend a good hostel in Sighisoara please?
      Many thanks!
      DG

more
    • off the beaten tracks

Romania Jun 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM

is there any kind of extreme sports or something special only to romania?

i ve already seen the travel guide but i didn t find it helpful.

more

Quickest way from Bucharest to Chisinau?

Romania Jul 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hello all
      I don't want to take the Tarom/Air Moldova flying option but according to bahn.de, the train journey between the city is circa 13 hours? Is this correct?
      How long would the bus journey take can anyone advise?
      Thanks again!!!
      DG

more
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Airport bus ticket

Bucharest Jun 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Where can I buy an airport bus ticket? I want to get bus 780 from Gara de Nord. I lost the ticket they gave me when I arrived.

more
    • Planning a vacation to Arad last week in June. Need help with packing list.

by buck.eye Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

What is the weather like at the end of June and 1st of July in Arad? What kinds of clothes are worn on the street, sightseeing, in restaurants, etc? Will also attend a wedding. Are there any particular customs to be aware of?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    • ivipapad's Profile Photo

bus from and to Arad

by ivipapad Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

We will be with our School in Arad in few months. Please help me with the bus which can take from Boudapest to Arad and the opposite.Givev me some information about the hours

2 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    • trishl's Profile Photo

Travelling from Arad to Budapest

by trishl Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 4:12 AM

I will be in Bucharest mid-August and hope to travel to Budapest to catch the end of the Sziget festival. I'm trying to work out the cheapest way to do this, without taking too long travelling. I have found a flight with Blue Air from Bucharest to Arad at a good price but am having trouble finding info on travelling from Arad to Budapest either via train or air. Can anybody help me with travel information for this route? and rough prices? Thanks

3 Answers May 14, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    • OKTrvlr's Profile Photo

Arad: hotel, B&B, nightlife.

by OKTrvlr Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 5:05 AM

Greetings, I got a 20 euro sky scanner flight to Timossoara and it was changed to Arad, runway out?! Is the any nightlife or much to do in Arad?I am just there traveling a few days alone and was planning on a Timossoara museum, dinner, night club, sleep musseum & leave, thats about it. Should I get a bus to Timossoara? Or is there any fun & sights in Aran.
      Thanks in advance,
      OKtrvlr.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 3:18 AM
    • ARAD JAZZ CLUBS(S)

by tonywiggs Online Now Apr 7, 2008 at 6:39 AM

Any Jazz CLubs in Arad? Does the FRONTIERA have a web site?
      Thanks!
      Tony

1 Answer Apr 7, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    • info about arad

by prince_polo Online Now Apr 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM

hi all,

in few days i'm gonna be, toghetr with some friends in arad, could someone tell me a cheap accomodation in the city center,and give me some advices about the city, where to go, what to visit, nightlife..etc.. any help will be really appreciated. what the best solution to go from the aiport to the centre?

pls answer asap, i leave after tomorrow.

thanks a lot

2 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Question about the Martyrs of Arad...

by Drugness Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 3:54 AM

Hello all.
      I have a quick question about the 12 Generals and 1 Colonel who were executed in Arad fortress on 6 October 1849.
      I know there are memorials to these men in Arad, but i'm just wondering if they were given a proper burial? And if so, where and do their graves still exist?
      Or were they buried in unmarked graves somewhere?
      Was curious since i will be visiting Arad soon
      Many thanks!
      DG

1 Answer Mar 11, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Taxi's? Public transport? Safety?

by Drugness Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Hello all
      My accomodation in Arad seems to be quite far from the city centre so it looks like taxi's will be required.
      Is it safe to get a taxi outside the train station? Should i look for any taxi companies in particular?
      Will i be in for a greater chance of getting ripped off here since i am a tourist? It's always a possibility i suppose.
      Also, here is the address i'm looking for - Aradul Nou, Street Ady Endre.
      I wouldn't mind walking it if it wasn't too far but i've been advised by the guesthouse staff that it's a bit of a distance. I haven't got any decent map of Arad at the moment so i can't check it's location.
      So if i can walk it in reasonable time, i will but if i get a taxi, then is it safe? Or is there a tram i can use?

Thanks in advance!

DG

1 Answer Feb 27, 2008 at 4:07 AM

Museum in Arad?

by Drugness Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Hello all
      I was reading about Arad on wikipedia and the article mentioned the following:

"The new fortress was built between 1763 and 1783. Although it was small, it proved formidable having played a great role in the Hungarian struggle for independence in 1849. The city possesses a museum containing relics of this war of independence."

The museum being referred to... would this be the The Cultural Palace in the museum complex?

I'm interested in seeing this stuff from the 1849 revolution.

Many thanks

DG

1 Answer Feb 23, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Map of Arad online

by Drugness Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Guys i need to find a good map with street names of Arad... Google maps and Google earth, not to mention a good few other websites are showing up almost nothing.
      Can you help me in any way please?
      Many thanks again!
      DG

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 4:22 AM

Reasonably priced accomodation in Arad?

by Drugness Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Hello all.
      I was also going to ask about travelling between Bp and Arad but i see that everyone else in this section of the forum has looked after this already for me :)

I've searched for accomodation in Arad on the internet. There appear to be no hostels. The only Panzio i managed to find was at the border with Hungary, a bunch of hotels in Timisoara and the only hotel i could find in Arad was the Continental which is naturally miles outside my range and style!
      Can anyone recommend or advice on good inner city accomodation? I'm especially interested in reasonably priced hotels and panzio's. Hostels are good too if there are any around.
      Thanks to all for their responses.
      Best regards
      Doug

1 Answer Feb 21, 2008 at 6:25 AM
    • travelling from Arad to budapest or szeged?

by lluisgarcia Online Now Dec 22, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Can anyone help me ? I would like to travel from Arad to Hungary ( to budapest or Szeged) Is there a bus from the airport or from Arad city to Hungary? How much can it cost a taxi from Arad to Szeged? Can I hire a car from Arad airport or the city to hungary.Thank you in advance and happy christmas

1 Answer Dec 22, 2007 at 6:10 PM
    • bogdan05's Profile Photo

Arad-Szeged

by bogdan05 Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Hello

Does anybody know how to get from Arad to Szeged? Ar there any (un)regular buses that do this route? I know that with the train is more difficult because I have to change in Bekescsaba, but I think it's also a little more expensive. So? Anybody?

ps: I would like to go in the morning and come back in the evening

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 29, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    • I NEED HELP ASAP !

by halfbrain Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 11:09 AM

I'm gonna arive to Budapest - Ferihegy (Terminal 1) next week. Anyone can tell me how can I get from the Airport to a train station wich will allow me to travel to Arad? And please, anyone knows how much does it cost from the airport to the train station and how can I search for trains from Budapest To Arad, to see the times when they travel, price of tickets and so on ?

Thank you very much.

2 Answers Dec 16, 2006 at 3:47 PM
    • Bus from Budapest

by KGShaun Online Now Oct 8, 2005 at 10:11 AM

Is it possible to take a bus from Budapest to Arad?

If so, how often do they travel?

How much are they?

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM
    • burgi01's Profile Photo

Nightlife at arad

by burgi01 Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 10:05 AM

Hi! We are four austrian guys and thought about makin a trip to arad for a few days at the end of august . How is the nightlife there? Are there many discos and clubs? thx for information

1 Answer Aug 8, 2004 at 10:02 PM