Arad Travel Answers

change location
bogdan05's Profile Photo

Arad-Szeged

by bogdan05 Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Hello

Does anybody know how to get from Arad to Szeged? Ar there any (un)regular buses that do this route? I know that with the train is more difficult because I have to change in Bekescsaba, but I think it's also a little more expensive. So? Anybody?

ps: I would like to go in the morning and come back in the evening

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidlayba's Profile Photo

Re: Arad-Szeged

by davidlayba Online Now Mar 28, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Hi Bogdan

from ARAD you have MAXI TAXI to NADLAC it's cost 7 lei for one way [the first one is at 07:00 you will be at nadlec at 08:10], and from NADLAC I think that it must to be a bus on the rute NADLEC - MAKO - SZEGED,

autogari.ro/Curse/Arad-Nadla...

if no you can hitchhike all the time (-:
    david

p.s. ask also in hungary forum

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bogdan05's Profile Photo

by bogdan05 Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for the information.

I found that you cand also go from Arad by train to Nadlac, then by foot or hitchike 6 km pass the border to Nagylak and from there by train to Szeged. But this is a long jurney and it's not good for a return trip the same dey. Anyway, it's cheaper.

• davidlayba's Profile Photo

by davidlayba Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Hi Bogdan

yes it's cheaper, the first [PM nr' 2615] train from ARAD is laft the station at 05:40 and arrived to NADLEC at 07:42, it's cost 8.28 lei noi for return ticket, [maxi taxi is 14 lei noi].
    as I can see on the map maximum you have 2.5 k"m NADLAC - NAGYLAK.

you can see at this good map:

http://terkeptar.elte.hu/autotk/

get in to the page then press on N [to found NAGYLAK] , and then press on NAGYLAK, you can see that it's not far at all!

from NAGYLAK to SZEGED with train you have have 1/2 chang, if it's 1 change you do it at ujszeged and it's cost you 560 hungary forint [7.61 lei noi] one way,
    you must to look if you can have discaunt on the hungary train timetable:

http://www.elvira.hu

train with one change [NAGYLAK to SZEGED] you have at: 04:02 , 05:37 , 07:42 , 11:42 , 13:37 , 15:37 , 18:22 time travel is 1.40-1.50 hours.

[SZEGED to NAGYLAK] at: 05:25 , 07:25 , 11:25 , 13:20 , 15:20 , 17:35 , 20:00.

if it's 2 change you do it at Mezőhegyes and then at Békéscsaba and cost you 2200 hungary forint [29.90 lei noi] , train at 08:37 and arr' at 13:07.

or at Mezőhegyes and Orosháza cost you 1460 hungary forint [19.84 lei noi]
    train at 16:32 and arr' at 19:09.

you dont have a good conection with train and as you say it's not good for a return trip the same dey.

if you can be at NAGYLAK TRAIN STATION somehow at 07:42 it's good for you.

the hungary train timetable and price you can see at:

http://www.elvira.hu

all the best to you [DRUMBUN]
    david

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Arad