Arad Travel Answers

change location
Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 4:32 AM

Hi All and Shalom: We are having a mountain bike race here in Arad, Israel on January 16th, 2004 (thats a Friday). There are two race courses. Elite and Expert race one course. Sport is the second. Anybody who would like to "drop by" and race or just do the "family" course is invited. See you there I hope, Martin

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

by cachaseiro Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 7:04 AM

i would love to come but i'm in spain at that time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Re: Re: Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 11:36 PM

Okay, if you can't make this date, come at another time. If you would like to do the course, but not as a race, but just as a ride, that is fine also. I have the whole area covered and since I have finished the design for this year, I am already working on the design for next years race. Martin

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

by Beach_dog Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 3:43 AM

Thats some revelation Annathrax... I´m afraid you just put me off racing with Martin, he is sure to be ahead of me and I could not peddle for laughing. By the way Martin... is your course all downhill... remember we have all been celebrating Xmas and New Year... our reserves are low. Happy New Year Stace

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

by Carmela71 Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 3:56 AM

Stace after all the lamb you ahve eaten this Christmas you will not even be able to get on a bike! Ops I guess I will be in trouble in a few minutes...... lol have a great time!

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

by Beach_dog Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 4:00 AM

If I was not so fat Carmen.. I would reach over and.... Oh better not say here...lol. We must not make a nonsence of Martins forum :0P

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 4:29 AM

Dear Anna, Stace and Carmen, would you please get off my birthday suit, you guys are scaring the kids.... And as for YOU Stace, do I need to bring up the subject of my discussion with Carmen while our cats where chewing on certain "things"..... As for Anna, my sexy fritatta, you should not complain about MY birthday suit after going to see all those statues just because they WERE in their birthday suits. Since this is a serious message here, inviting people to come and race in a legitimate mountain bike race, please keep your "racey" comments to a level like you would observe at home, or I will call your parents. Martin

• Re: Re: Come to the Mountain Bike Race in Arad, Israel

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 6:29 AM

[*By the way Martin... is your course all downhill... remember we have all been celebrating Xmas and New Year... our reserves are low.*] ------------------------------------------------------------------- If it's Arad to the Dead Sea, you can't get more downhill than that. Heck, even *I* could manage a course like that. :)

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 1:13 PM

i´ll come by one day martin. i actually rode my bike in israel a few years ago from eilat to telaviv.

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 6, 2004 at 9:54 PM

Anna, your apology is accepted and I will call the post office and ask for the letter to your mother back. Will be looking forward to our bike ride and we will see what you have to teach me ^O^ Claus you are invited to come ride in this area anytime and I will be glad to point you in the right direction if I cannot come with you (which would be better ;O))) Steve, the race route for the Elite is mostly single trek and some very technical, the Sport route is 22 km long with some wicked uphills and one serious downhill that I would walk ^O^, but if you want to do only downhill, we will have to look further, I know most of the routes here and have developed a few myself and have also pointed out many of the routes to Eli Set who has written two books on the area. Martin

• hilla_m's Profile Photo

by hilla_m Online Now Jan 7, 2004 at 1:25 AM

Marti How tough is the family one? Hilla

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 7, 2004 at 2:07 AM

Hi Hilla: The family course is about 6-8 km long and on a route that is okay for most young riders without any dangerous or technical sections, it is just to introduce them to the desert at its edge. Not really exciting, but then you will have some people who are good riders and others who are out for the first time.... If you would like I have a powerpoint picture of the Elite and also the Sport, but the Family and Young Childrens race have not been put on line. If you want to ride come on down... Martin

• hilla_m's Profile Photo

by hilla_m Online Now Jan 7, 2004 at 12:26 PM

please send me I'll talk 2 u tomorrow

by Martin_S. Online Now Jan 7, 2004 at 10:01 PM

Hilla, this is the online version of the map, sorry, but it is in Hebrew only at this time. Martin shvoong.co.il/bike/arad/map....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines