I am slightly confused of the location of Wadi Mujib Reserve - is it different from Wadi al Mujib?
Questions on the Wadi Mujib Reserve:
- is it near the stretch of resorts?
- if I would just like to hike the first 30 (min) to get to some viewpoint without getting into the gorge and water is that possible? (Prefer to stay dry)
- is there an entrance fee?
I am aware there is an official site, but I find it lacking information on day trip there.
Hope someone can advice. Thanks!
I plan to visit Jordan from Dubai after X'mas, and would like to get suggestions for how to organize a five day itinerary. I'm interested in a mix of biblical and classical, and do not intend to spend any time in Amman at all.
Here are the places I have in mind:
Wadi Rum- I'd love to spend a night in the desert!
Are these places do-able on a five day trip?
Can anyone suggest driver/guide or tour company I can contact for details?
my friend and i are going to jordan on december 2014 - we plan to see the following sights: amman, karak, petra, dead sea, back to amman.
What is the situation like for transportation? is public transportation ok? I mean, are there long distance busses like in every other country?
thanks for the help and advice,
I have the following plan and questions:
(Day 1) arrive Amman; (2) Madaba→Mt. Nebo→The Dead Sea (overnight); (3) Dear Sea to Petra; (4-6) Petra; (7-8) Wadi Rum; (9) Wadi Rum to Amman; (10) Amman to Jerash; (11) Amman to Kerak Castle; (12-13) Amman (mid-night plane)
1. Most people take the King’s Highway from Amman to Petra, enroute Madaba, Mt Nebo, Dead Sea. If I want to spend a night at Dead Sea, is there other transport available as it seems that keeping a taxi driver to stay a night there is expensive.
2. Is day tour to Jerash/Kerak Castle possible? I wish to know if Amman can be the base.
3. If just choose between Jerash/Kerak Castle, which one is more worthy?
4. Any other places I can add on top of the above, if the transportation is not too costy?
Hello I wish to check how to go from Amman to Jerusalem. Would someone know:
1. There is no charge of departure for same day arrival and departure to/from Jordan?
2. Only the North Border (Sheikh Hussein Crossing Border) opens year round and 24 hours.
3. What are the charges of departure for North Border/King Hussein Bridge/South Border?
4. How much does it take from Amman airport to North Border by taxi? How long does it take?
5. If I finish Petra and Wadi Rum, I should take the South Border and go to Jerusalem? Or should I go back Amman first and take the North Border? Or the hotel/tour agency can help arrange the transport for me to go to nearby border?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|