Aqaba Travel Answers

change location

underwater disposable camera and diving

by izzy2001 Online Now May 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

hello
this will be my first time diving what would be the 2 best diving places in aqaba? i would like to see sea horses, whale shark (will be there mid june) turtles, and octopous, also where is the best place to find a resnable price disposable camera in aqaba that can be used underwater and is the store open past 6pm on thursdays to get the camera and how much do they usually cost there? also where is a good place to get the film developed quick onto a cd that can be taken out of the cd and be put up on my computer
thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: underwater disposable camera and diving

by Agraichen Online Now May 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Respectfully suggest that if this is your first time diving you concentrate on the diving and looking experience. Diving anywhere close to whale sharks can be a "moving" experience in more ways than one and not for the inexperienced diver. Disposable cameras are essentially useless at depth. Even a point and shoot with a good case that will go to 50-100 feet will not take good photos due to the lack of flash. to photograph in anything lower than 10 feet you need a good camera with great flash and sorry to say, that will be expensive. Even a cheap digital with lens will be1000; The case will be another1000 and the flash could actually run up there as well. good luck though and hope you have a great trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sahel578's Profile Photo

Re: underwater disposable camera and diving

by sahel578 Online Now May 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM

To add, disposable cameras can only be used to 30 feet, and they really are very crappy resolution before that. There is a decent Canon point and shoot that you can get for400 (the housing is about another300). It also records about an hour of video.

And yes, this is your first time diving, you need to pay more attention to your buoyancy than trying to take pictures.

There will be other divers with cameras on the trip, just ask them if they would mind emailing you copies of their shots. I'm sure they would be more than happy to share.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Aqaba