Aqaba Travel Answers

change location

Is a one day trip to Aqaba possible

by donnybd Online Now Jan 27, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Hi, We will be in Eliat and want to drive a rent a car from Eilat to Aqaba.
Is there a one day visa available at the boarder crossing.
Is this the best way to get there for a day trip.
Thank You Don & Emily

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: Is a one day trip to Aqaba possible

by unaS Online Now Jan 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM

1. Yes, there is a free visa. See below.

2. You can't drive a rental car across the border. Insurance won't allow it.

3. Best way? IMHO just take a taxi in Eilat, walk across, and get another taxi there, if you need one.

For all the info you can ever want on Jordan, I suggest looking at Ruth's site:
    http://www.jordanjubilee.com/

According to her site:
    >Anybody arriving in Aqaba, whether at the port, at the airport or from the Arava crossing from Israel can get a free visa for Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, providing they leave the country within one month and do not need to register their visa for "renewal". Passports are not checked at the ASEZ control point leaving the Economic Zone.>
    jordanjubilee.com/genjord/ha...

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Is a one day trip to Aqaba possible

by davidneisen Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Yes Acaba and Eilat are next door to each other and can be accessed easily. I do suggest you contact someone like Desert Eco Tours (Joza Wilf) a friend of mine who does alot of Petra and aquaba day tours. He knows the area very well and speaks the language... if you know what I mean. I'd skip the rental car, and with the guide, have them drive you. The cost is about the same.
    If you do contact Desert Eco Tours or Joza - tell them David Neisen from San Antonio sent you. Have a great time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Aqaba