Travel Answers
Appenzell

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Minivan or taxi service available from Lugano to Menaggio, Italy?

Lugano Jan 1, 2015 at 7:24 PM

We are 4 senior citizens planning a trip in Fall 2015. Are there any minivans or large taxis for hire to drive us from Lugano to Menaggio, Italy. We just don't want the hassle of luggage etc. What are good wweb sites for this information. I could not seem to find anything through general Google search. Thanks NanaPat

more
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Zurich basel train

Kanton Basel-Stadt Jan 19, 2015 at 6:48 PM

What is the cost of one way train journey from Zurich to basel? What is the best option to get a good rate? We are two people. Is there any discount we can get
      Thanks

more
    • HattimH's Profile Photo

Green Card Holder, Transit Visa!!

Zürich Jan 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I'm an Egyptian, lives in USA, have the green card, going to have a layover in Zurich for one night (16 hours) do I need a transit visa?.. if yes, can I get it in the airport?

more
    • visit on 24th January

Grindelwald Jan 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I am planning to visit Grindelwald on 24th January to see world snow festival. I want to spend one day there. What are other things to do there in a day?

more
    • Time needed for Castelgrande tour

Bellinzona Jan 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM

I understand I could spend days exploring Bellinzona, but my trip is short. Would it be practical to stop and tour Castelgrande while travelling from Milano Centrale to Luzern by train? How much time should I allow for the tour? Thanks

more

Mobility Card

Basel Jan 19, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Hi, we will be travelling to switzerland newt week. First we will stay in Zurich then head to Basel.
      How do you get mobility card? Do you get it from the hotel upon arrival or you get it from tourist officesat the airport or train station with your confirmation?
      Thanks

more

Zurich transport

Zürich Jan 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Zurich next week for travel show Fespo Messe 2015. I have a few questions regarding transportation?
      1. What is the best and inexpensive way from airport to city center? How much is the cost?
      2. What is the best option to travel from city center to exhibition area? How much is the cost*
      3. How much a train ride would cost from Zurich to Basel
      Thanks

more
    • Driving to Tasch

Zermatt Jan 2, 2015 at 3:33 AM

hello

need advice asap !!

i am planning to drive from Gallarate(Near Milan) to Tasch from there i will take a train to zermatt

how safe you think driving to tasch in january and tips and advices

i have Fiat Panda ( not 4/4)
      with all weather tyres
      and snow chains

my company rented this vehicle and they are nt giving snow tyres and i cant exchange the vehicle !!

please advice !

more
    • Xdrive's Profile Photo

Driving tour route

Switzerland Jan 7, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Hi all,
      I am planning a driving holiday in Swiss, 5 day self driving tour in May, which route your recommended, Thx in advance. Have a nice day. :-)

more
    • What train do we take from Lake Como to Poschiavo, Switzerland, and then Zurich?

Poschiavo Jan 5, 2015 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I are staying in Varenna on Lake Como. We want to take a scenic train to Poschiavo, Switzerland, spend the night there, and then continue on to Zurich to catch our flight back to the USA. I can only find information on trains TO Lake Como from Switzerland, nothing going the other way. Thanks for any information.
      Dixie

more
    • Mount pilatus advisable in January?

Lucerne Jan 12, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Is mount Pilatus safe to visit in this month? Also, can the tickets be booked online from the net? If yes, please provide the URL or link for the same. Thanks, Vinit

more
    • Please help me find a specific hotel in Ticino, Switzerland?

Switzerland Jan 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hello!
      I need to find out this hotels name, it's situated in Ticino.
      This is what I know about the hotel:
      It is very big and have both a main building and other buildings as well. It can have 400-500 guests when full.
      It has two or three restaurants one restaurant is in another building and that restaurant is more for banquettes and big occasions it's called "the Paradise".
      The hotel has one bar inside and one pool bar.
      It has a Spa with emotional showers.
      It has 24 hours reception service.
      The floor in the reception area is blue and beige tiles.
      This Christmas there was a big celebration party with dinner and a band and this New Year they had a big party too and the hotel was full.
      It is a family owned hotel, the owners are old and they have two adult children, one daughter and one son
      The hotels entrance have glass doors.
      It has several levels and it's very hard to find your way there if you are not familiar with it.
      If you stay in a room in another building one of the staff will take you to your room in something similar to a golf car.

Please if anyone knows what hotel this could be, answer me.

more
    • Chur to Zermatt via Glacier Express

Switzerland Dec 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Me and my wife are travelling to Switzerland in the last week of January 2015. I would be travelling from Chur to Zermatt via Glacier express on 26th January 2015. I wanted to know the fare details for the same. I wish to travel from a second class and not first. When I inquired from here (http://www.glacierexpress.ch), it showed me a whopping Rs 60,000 INR (903 CHF). Could you guide me on how can I save on the fare, if I book online from India and if I book from Chur. Thanks, Vinit

more
    • from saint gallen

by paisal Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Can swiss pass get free train to appenzel?

3 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • BarbaraH25's Profile Photo

Appenzell, Help

by BarbaraH25 Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Appenzell, help!

Question:

I am planning my trip and find it a struggle now that I am in Switzerland (first trip to Europe) without a car. We decided to make our way by train in Switzerland after 2 weeks with car in Germany/Austria.
      We are planning to spend 2 days in Appenzell before going to the Jungfrau region. How do I pick a Mountain Inn when I don't know which lift to take? What is the distance from the lift to the Inn? How far from the train station.There is not enough detail on the web sites I am using. Found Appenzellerland the best. Any advise with be great! We are in our late 50's and do not want to hike for more than .5- 1 mile from lift to Inn.

Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • mt santis

by karak Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM

We will be in Apenzell in a few weeks and plan on taking the cable car up Mt Santis. Should we purchase tickets in advance? Is there a best time to go? I presume warm clothes will be necessary! Any advise?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM