Apollonia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and situation in santorini

Santorini Island Jul 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Can i enquire regarding the current situation and safety in Santorini, considering the situation Greece is in now. Thank you

more
    • Ios late august 2015

Ios Island Jul 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Is anyone coming late august 23-28th?))

more
    • Couple Fira or Oia church questions

Santorini Island Jul 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out where certain churches are located.  I found the site "Greeka" and a guide to 9 churches in Santorini, but I'm trying to get more specific information on just where these churches are.  I've tried to attach a picture of one that really interests me that's in Firostefani.  I know Firostefani isn't that big, but I'm not great on finding things, so need some extra help!  Can you drive to this church (we're renting a quad bike) or must you drive close and then walk?

Also, I ran across an article that provides GPS coordinates (which I can't understand or get to work) to a church that's supposedly in Oia, but I'm thinking it's really Fira, as it mentions "Gold Street."  Isn't that in Fira?  It is a church (or maybe two) with salmon belltower and 2 blue domes.  The person is standing in front of a gate to (I suppose) a hotel or maybe just a way to get downhill to the church.  She says to duck into the alley beside the Minerali jewelry store.  Anyone know where this might be?  The GPS coordinates start with 36 degrees north and 25 degrees east, which indicates further to me that it's somewhere in Fira - but the numbers aren't in good enough shape for me to determine the rest and enter it into Google Earth..  

Also, this may be same church, but I read that there 's a really nice blue domed church with 3 bells in Fira, near Mama Thira's.  Can anyone give me more information on that?  Looks like the website where I found that is "theplanetd"under photography guide for Santorini.

One more question: I've used Google Maps and less so viamichelin to plot routes on Santorini.  Are those times fairly reliable, even if I'm going to some of the lesser tourist-traveled places like Mesa Gonia, Pirgos and Megalochori?

Thankyou & Efharisto tor anyone who can answer my questions!

more
    • IngelaA's Profile Photo

IMPORTANT read about RED BEACH!

Santorini Island Jul 3, 2015 at 12:49 AM

IMPIS (Institute for the Study and Monitoring of Santorini Volcano) has sent a letter to the members of the Hotel Association Santorini. They want to draw everyone's attention of the status of Red Beach in Akrotiri:

"We would like to inform you and ask you to inform clients of this situation, and that access to the beach is extremely dangerous due to landslides, to avoid any accident with incalculable consequences for the island" They ask the members of the Hotel Association to contact the authorities and to take the nessesary steps to protect visitors from the enormous consequences that will occur in an accident due to a possible landslide.

The authorities have put up signs at the red beach but tourists does not respect these and still walk down. Very soon they will need to put a fence!

Ingela

more
    • Walk from Fira to Oia

Santorini Island Jul 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Is there a map for this walk or is it signposted so easy to follow?
      Thanks.

more
    • getting about>

Santorini Island Jul 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM

how do i get to blue diamond bay hotel from the fira airport

more

Near Apollonia