Apia Travel Answers

change location

Coconuts or Aggie Greys

by juju1055 Online Now Feb 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

First time to Samoa and need advice on where to stay.Think I have narrowed it down to these two resorts however they are located in different areas of Upolo and would love to hear from someone who has been and can give us some advice.We are both in our 50's so not wanting to party but also don't want a place with lots of kids either. Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Coconuts or Aggie Greys

by Kakapo2 Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

For a start you have to be cautious with Aggie Grey's because there are two: the beach resort on the West Coast road (5 min from the airport) and the hotel next to the port of Apia (nice hotel, no beach, bad service when I was at their bar).

Without having stayed there (only seen it) I dare to say that the Coconut Beach Resort is the more luxurious place. It is next to the equally fabulous Sinalei Beach Resort. The beaches are golden, and there are a few waterfalls not too far away.

You will need a car or taxi to get around because there is absolutely nothing near the resorts, only some residential houses sprinkled into the lush green landscape, and some fruit stalls. The cross-island road to reach it is great (despite one million deep pot-holes).

When I was there I did not see children in the resorts but I was there outside the school holiday season, so this might have been the reason.

Both resorts are far away from Apia where you could encounter party atmosphere. But even the Aggey Grey's Hotel in Apia is no such place, you have to go downtown to party.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines