Antwerp Travel Answers

change location
Rixie's Profile Photo

Postcard

by Rixie Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 9:02 AM

Travel-related question: How long does it take a postcard to travel from Belgium to California? Actual posting: A big "thank you" to all of the VTers who sent me the postcard from the Antwerp meeting! It was fun seeing your familiar names in unfamiliar handwriting. I've decided to make an album of all the meetings I DON'T attend. :)

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • dila's Profile Photo

Re: Postcard

by dila Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 9:48 AM

the postcard i had given it to irisbe. i think she posted it the day after the meeting. it had belgium stamps so i couldnot post it in the netherlands. the meeting was on sunday 2 november in antwerp. when are you gonna visite your daughter in paris? bye diana and josé

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Norali's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Postcard

by Norali Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 9:54 AM

Uuuh! Some fish and chips? LOL Lemon curd? Beans? Tomorrow, a meeting in Brussels but for sure, I won't send you a postcard, Jen... I can relate the feeling receiving that special card. I received a card from Leuven, it was clean... very nice. **all covered with food and lipstick **

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 9:54 AM

And here I was sure that the hangup was on the American side. After all, we invented the term "going postal." We're thinking maybe late March or early April, but we're not sure yet.

• Norali's Profile Photo

by Norali Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 9:59 AM

Who knows! They can turn out to be collectible items, Jen **joking* :))) **And then I don't know what to do with it.**

• Norali's Profile Photo

by Norali Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 10:08 AM

Easier said than done. I am a real sentimental one. **Lighten the load lighten the load, Norali.**

• Norali's Profile Photo

by Norali Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 10:22 AM

Photos are things I thought I wouldn't need since, like you, I use to think that "all is in the heart and head"... What shocks me are people who bring photos of kids and husbands in a wallet. For me, it's like they need photos to remind of those dear persons...

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

by Waalewiener Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 11:38 AM

Hi Rixie I have received several postards from Belgium and from the Netherlands ,it took between 10 and 14 days to get to Ontario Canada .A postcard from the U K I think took a bit longer. Jenn promise I won't send you a poscard .hehe For Norali I want to wish you a great day tomorrow in Brussels , and if anyone decides to send Lori & Hans a postcard we will love it ,and if they send their snail mail adress they are garanteed a return postcard from Canada , I just bought a stack of them. Hans.

• Norali's Profile Photo

by Norali Online Now Nov 29, 2003 at 11:48 AM

Thank you Hans... I think you are on some postcard list, Hans (I would ask my friends but I am sure some of those Belgian VTers have your address if not the intention to send you one). The famous Hans and Lori I haven't met yet... :))

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 12:24 AM

Laverne, You know California-Halifax takes 1 1/2 month and from there it's 1 week in the post office and 14 days sailing, finalized by 1 week at the Belgium postoffice. So it must be 2 1/2 month (more or less). We are talking surface mail, but that is rather obvious. Airmail is just 14 days (unless the FBI or the home security guys wants to have a look). You made me realise I have to send some of those X-mas cards already (and I AM busy!). Have fun, PJ

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 11:40 AM

If someone will pay my way, I promise to hand-deliver all future postcards for you and make sure they get there quickly. :) I don't carry kid & husband photos in my wallet, either. Not from lack of sentiment - I just never had a wallet with photo windows. I do have a tiny Polaroid tucked away in there, of my family when my mom was incredibly young and my siblings were small.

• irisbe's Profile Photo

by irisbe Online Now Dec 19, 2003 at 2:57 AM

isn't that the second time you got it that late? hey some cards to Moscow and India arrived from 1 month till 2 months time! and last week I posted a card to a neighbour at 15 minutes walk (lazy I know) but I got it 4 days later back in my mailbox LOL stamped et all... so I will just put it in her daughters mailbox who lives next door `-) hehehe yes the Antwerp cards were posted the other day.

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Dec 19, 2003 at 9:44 PM

That's pretty funny, Dannie! It shows how dependent we've become on systems. Reminds me of a guy I worked with who had a beeper on his watch, but he was deaf in that ear and never could hear it. So the watch would beep, and I'd shout across the room, "You're beeping!" and then he'd know it was time to do whatever... Stone Age technology.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines