Antofagasta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • Want a indian sari

by rinika Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I want to bye a indian sari,,,, is it avilable in Antofagasta

1 Answer Feb 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • Campsites/Surfing

by joharpstrite Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I am going to be in Antofogasta for 3 days in a few weeks to surf and wondering if there are any secure campsites near Universidad de Antofogasta?

• Fly to Antofagasta direct from Peru instead of Santiago?

by phrased Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I am checking out flights to Antofagasta. I am US citizen, in past I have flown from:
      Houston USA, Continental air to Panama City
      Panama City, Copa Airlines to Santiago
      Santiago, SkyAir or LANair to Antofagasta

This flight is good except I had to buy the domestic Chile flight separately.

Now I am checking flight that is purchased as one set from multiple airlines:
      Houston USA, Continental air to San Jose Costa Rica
      San Jose, LACSA to Lima Peru
      Lima, TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES - TACA PERU to Antofagasta

I am surprised they have international flight directly to Antofagasta as it such a small airport. Is Chile immigration located in Antofagasta or do they have remote immigration office in Lima? (as odd as that sounds I have seen this type of remote immigration before)

Anyone have experience with this proposed flight plan, please let me know if you had good/bad experiences. Perhaps also a suggestion on amount of time required at each stop in case Lima or San Jose are troublesome places to connect.

Thanks,
      Jack

3 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    • shopping in Antofagasto

by Hollysweetin Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Is it possible to order items from Ripley's in Antofagasto, we visited 2 years ago and we were extreamly satisfied with the quality of the cloths!
      Holly Sweetin

1 Answer Jan 3, 2008 at 4:01 AM
    • Recent info on living in Antofagasta

by sburton Online Now Nov 27, 2007 at 4:56 AM

Hi can anyone provide some recent info on life in Antofagasta? Living conditions, security, areas to live, rents etc....anything at all would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    • B3av's Profile Photo

Half a day in Antofagasta, worth it?

by B3av Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 8:10 AM

Hi people,

On the 5th of April I'm planning on flying from Santiago to Calama and then onto San Pedro.

Is it worth catching an early flight to Antofagasta, maybe go have a picnic at La Portada, and then catch an early evening flight to Calama. Or would I be better off flying direct to Calama?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    • Phosphate Mines - Fossils

by rscott12345 Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 8:52 PM

Hi,

I am an amateur paleontologist and I would like to visit the phosphate mines in the Atacama Desert. Can anyone provide any information about them? I collect fossils, especially marine fossils and I know the phosphate mines are a prime site for these.

Thanks,

Randy

1 Answer Jan 16, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    • Campsites

by Snowball68 Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 4:51 AM

am bringing a school group to Chile. we need a campsite in: San Pedro Antofagasta (Dec 31st!!)

1 Answer Dec 3, 2003 at 12:41 PM
    • misone's Profile Photo

Anto

by misone Online Now Mar 25, 2003 at 11:47 PM

Is there satellite internet in antofagasta?

1 Answer May 7, 2003 at 11:49 AM