change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rodrigopintosp's Profile Photo

Atacama with a 2-year-old toddler

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 15, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Does anyone who's been there strongly discourages bringing a 22-months-old toddler to San Pedro de Atacama? Apart from some full day tours and the early morning starter Tatio Geysers, are there any other must-see attraction we might miss?

Does anybody have a recommendation of family-friendly, intermediate / boutique, not too expensive hotel in San Pedro?

Any comments comparing taking a tour / self-driving with a rental car? Are the attractions accessible at all with a regular car?

Any comments and tips will be highly appreciated. Gracias!

more
    • Want a indian sari

by rinika Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I want to bye a indian sari,,,, is it avilable in Antofagasta

1 Answer Feb 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • Campsites/Surfing

by joharpstrite Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I am going to be in Antofogasta for 3 days in a few weeks to surf and wondering if there are any secure campsites near Universidad de Antofogasta?

• Fly to Antofagasta direct from Peru instead of Santiago?

by phrased Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I am checking out flights to Antofagasta. I am US citizen, in past I have flown from:
      Houston USA, Continental air to Panama City
      Panama City, Copa Airlines to Santiago
      Santiago, SkyAir or LANair to Antofagasta

This flight is good except I had to buy the domestic Chile flight separately.

Now I am checking flight that is purchased as one set from multiple airlines:
      Houston USA, Continental air to San Jose Costa Rica
      San Jose, LACSA to Lima Peru
      Lima, TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES - TACA PERU to Antofagasta

I am surprised they have international flight directly to Antofagasta as it such a small airport. Is Chile immigration located in Antofagasta or do they have remote immigration office in Lima? (as odd as that sounds I have seen this type of remote immigration before)

Anyone have experience with this proposed flight plan, please let me know if you had good/bad experiences. Perhaps also a suggestion on amount of time required at each stop in case Lima or San Jose are troublesome places to connect.

Thanks,
      Jack

3 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    • shopping in Antofagasto

by Hollysweetin Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Is it possible to order items from Ripley's in Antofagasto, we visited 2 years ago and we were extreamly satisfied with the quality of the cloths!
      Holly Sweetin

1 Answer Jan 3, 2008 at 4:01 AM
    • Recent info on living in Antofagasta

by sburton Online Now Nov 27, 2007 at 4:56 AM

Hi can anyone provide some recent info on life in Antofagasta? Living conditions, security, areas to live, rents etc....anything at all would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    • B3av's Profile Photo

Half a day in Antofagasta, worth it?

by B3av Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 8:10 AM

Hi people,

On the 5th of April I'm planning on flying from Santiago to Calama and then onto San Pedro.

Is it worth catching an early flight to Antofagasta, maybe go have a picnic at La Portada, and then catch an early evening flight to Calama. Or would I be better off flying direct to Calama?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    • Phosphate Mines - Fossils

by rscott12345 Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 8:52 PM

Hi,

I am an amateur paleontologist and I would like to visit the phosphate mines in the Atacama Desert. Can anyone provide any information about them? I collect fossils, especially marine fossils and I know the phosphate mines are a prime site for these.

Thanks,

Randy

1 Answer Jan 16, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    • Campsites

by Snowball68 Online Now Nov 30, 2003 at 4:51 AM

am bringing a school group to Chile. we need a campsite in: San Pedro Antofagasta (Dec 31st!!)

1 Answer Dec 3, 2003 at 12:41 PM
    • misone's Profile Photo

Anto

by misone Online Now Mar 25, 2003 at 11:47 PM

Is there satellite internet in antofagasta?

1 Answer May 7, 2003 at 11:49 AM