change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answer Locations

• Sandals Antiqua

Antigua and Barbuda May 24, 2014 at 2:17 AM

At Sandals hotels are smart shorts and t-shirts acceptable in most of the restuarants? I note all restuarants are non smoking but is it allowed on the beach and by the pools?
      Thank you in anticipation of your responses.

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • meadowdaisy's Profile Photo

Roll Call Jolly Beach Resort for February 2014

Antigua Island Jan 18, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Anyone Staying at the Jolly Beach Resort In February 2014, We are ready to get out of the snow and be beach bums for a while !

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    • Nightlife help?

Antigua and Barbuda Jan 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Where am I best positioning myself so I can get to nice busy Bars / restaurants on a night? Which town is nice?

• Barbuda or Montserrat?

Antigua and Barbuda Dec 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM

If I can only pick one, day trip which one would be the best decision and why?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • stingray tour

Antigua and Barbuda Nov 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM

One a one day cruise ship next july. Is the swim with the stingrays tour worth the cost

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    • OPBM at jolly harbour

Antigua and Barbuda Sep 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Have had an email from OPBM stating termite infestation at jolly harbour very dubious as they have not responded to numerous emails
      Office seems closed

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • blue heron antigua

Antigua and Barbuda Jul 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

what has happened to the blue heron is it going to open again

• sherryandterry's Profile Photo

Whats to do in a wheelchair

Saint John's Jul 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Sherry and I visiting for a day in October with cruise. Sherry is in a wheelchair and as this is one of the 3 stops we can get off the ship would like to see a bit of the island. Anyone know of any wheelchair accessible tours?

15 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    • Falmouth vs. St. John's

Antigua and Barbuda May 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My husband and I (early 50's) are planning a trip for early August to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We have a choice of a villa in St. John's or Falmouth. What are the pros/cons of each location? We will rent a car and want to have some nice meals out and explore the island. Will many restaurants be closed in August? How long does it take to drive from Falmouth to St. John's?

• crazygal59's Profile Photo

Beaches

Antigua and Barbuda Apr 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My daughter is considering St James Club Resort on Antigua, but she has heard it has a seaweed problem. Anyone been there that can comment. She wants somewhere quiet and all inclusive.

2 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • Looking for cheap car rental

Antigua and Barbuda Nov 11, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Hi there,

Does anybody know if its possible to rent a car out of the regular companies such as Avis,europcar etc,..In Antigua??

we would need to rent a car for a week in february 2012 and we are looking at some options.I really dont know if any local would rent a car cheaper than teh regular compnies

Thanks for your infop
      Gonzalo

1 Answer Nov 11, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    • Cheapest Groceries- Need help from some locals-or anyone who would know

Antigua and Barbuda Nov 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Need to provision a Sail boat in couple of weeks. We are chartering out of Jolly H. Where are the best prices for staples such as meat, dairy, veggies etc. Don't need any fancy imported specialty items. I will have a car so location not important. In addition, need cases and cases of beers and basic not fancy white and red wines. Cheers!

2 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    • villa vs. hotel

Antigua and Barbuda Jun 5, 2011 at 7:32 PM

there a 2 couples who are trying to decide between a villa and hotel. we found the gordon house which would run2000 FOR WEEK WITH MAID /COOK FOR ALL OF US ABOUT HALF OF WHAT AN HOTEL/all inclusive would cost your input is appreciated as we have never rented a villa thanks leo

1 Answer Jun 5, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    • the gordon house a private villa

Antigua and Barbuda Jun 5, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Has anyone stayed at this villa thanks Leo

• July in Antigua

Antigua and Barbuda Jan 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Hi
      I know that you can never predict the hurricane activity or weather in June - Oct, but I just wonder what other people's experience of Antigua has been during June/July over the past couple of years. My fiancee and I are planning on going out there this year, to check out the island as a potential wedding destination for next year (we would be planning the wedding in Jan-March) but only have the time to visit this year during June/July. Is it worth still visiting at this time - what are the average sunshine hours/rainfall?
      Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Kat

1 Answer Jan 31, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    • One day to see the island

Saint John's Jan 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM

CAn you recommend a guide, must see or do, and a local restaurant with good local cuisnese. I am not into fancy, just good food ,especially seafood.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Does it rain all day in December in Antigua and Barbuda? Feeling nervous....

Antigua and Barbuda Dec 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Hello! I've had a wonderful opportunity to be a guest on a yacht that will be nearby Antigua and Barbuda for Dec 18 - 21. I'm so excited and have never had such a luxurious vacation before. I know I should just be happy anyway....but I was looking for weather forecasts for Antigua/Barbuda and noticed that it says rain or showers every day :( I used to live in Miami Beach, and when it said rain, that usually meant a day that was still pretty sunny but there would be a rainstorm in the afternoon and then it would be okay again. Can anyone tell me if that might be the case in this area too or am I going to be inside the whole time?

2 Answers Dec 11, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge question

Antigua and Barbuda Aug 30, 2010 at 8:13 AM

In looking at Antigua tours, some offer a 4 hr island tour, followed by some time on the beach. They also offer an extended option of adding Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge, but to do so, this cuts into beach time. So I was wondering, is Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge worth visiting? Granted, this is a personal decision, some people might want beach time, others not. Personally, I don't have enough information to make a decision. Hoping someone here who has been to Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge, might be able to share about it. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Lawrence of Antigua vs. Gordon's best of Antigua tour?

Antigua and Barbuda Aug 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Trying to decide between two tour companies that I've come across for Antigua: Lawrence of Antigua vs. Gordon's best of Antigua tour. Any recommendations for either?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    • Safety on Antigua??

Antigua and Barbuda Aug 10, 2010 at 3:46 AM

I have been reading about a lack of safety on the island and tourist being targeted on isolated beaches?? Is it safe to rent a scooter and drive around??

6 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    • Renting Scooters for the day??

Antigua and Barbuda Aug 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM

My wife and I will be on the island next week and where going to rent a scooter to see the island and tool around. Can anyone tell me if that is a good or bad Idea? Is there a a lot of traffic or is it unsafe to travel around? Lastly, can someone recommend a few beaches to hit and a place for lunch.

Much Thanks

3 Answers Nov 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    • Random Swabbing

Antigua and Barbuda Jul 13, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Is it true that they do random swab testing at Antigua airport on departure?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    • cost of day trips to barbuda and any excursions anyone has taken.

Antigua and Barbuda Mar 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I have heard of day trips to barbuda, we are going to antigua end of march. I am interested in prices and if anyone has any excursions to recommend, give prices also please.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • Wedding reception

Antigua and Barbuda Jan 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I am getting married at the Sandals in Antigua in April. For my reception (18 people) I would like to charter a houseboat for the evening, have munchies, drinks and music and float around for about 4 hours. Does anyone have any idea's of who I can contact for this?

3 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    • Suggests for accommodation in Antigua e Barbuda

Antigua and Barbuda Oct 27, 2009 at 4:05 AM

I'm planning a 10 days holiday in Antigua/Barbuda on next February and need to choose the accommodation. My budget is about 80 for a double room and I'm looking a place on walking distance to beaches and restaurants: I'll surely rent a car for some days, but don't like to be linked to the car for the whole holiday. Can you reccommend an affordable place, even in Barbuda? I've already read the web site Anrtiguanice but I'd like to receive useful suggests from people who have tested places. Thanks so much.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    • Cruise Stop

Saint John's May 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

We are taking a cruise which stops in Antigua....any suggestions for a nice beach day, where we can get service at a bar or restaurant with lounge chairs etc...? I heard there are many beaches to see....should we rent a moped? Any suggestions on how to best spend our time would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dawn

• Barbuda accomodations

Barbuda May 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Hi
      I would love to visit Barbuda. Does anyone know if there are cottages or small houses for rent right on the beach? I can't afford the Coco Poing houses, but could do200-350 night.
      Thanks for any help!

• Antigua weather in September

Antigua and Barbuda Mar 15, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Hi All,

I believe I might have made a mistake booking my trip to Antigua September 12 - 19th because of the weather. This was the only available time I was able to book our trip due to work schedules and unfortunately, my flight/hotel are non-refundable. After reading on numerous sites that September is probably the worst time to visit the island because of rain/hurricanes, I was wondering if there is any ray of hope that I should look forward to.

The touristy boards say rain happens for a short-while each day, but other sites people have posted to keep away. The trip was a gift from my parents for our honeymoon and I am praying for sun, fun, and relaxation.

Has anyone had any great trips to Antigua during this timeframe?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 18, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    • Antigua Accomodation

Antigua and Barbuda Jan 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM

Hi,

I am looking for somewhere cheap to stay from February 27th for 1 week. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Ian

2 Answers Jan 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    • JuliaK's Profile Photo

Christmas in Antigua

Antigua and Barbuda Dec 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM

We arrive on Christmas day in Antigua. How do people celebrate Christmas in Antigua.... what are the customs?
      Any information would be much appreciated, as we will be in Antigua for 4 nights and we wanna make the most of it

Many thanks