Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answers

change location

villa vs. hotel

by lklucky Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 7:32 PM

there a 2 couples who are trying to decide between a villa and hotel. we found the gordon house which would run2000 FOR WEEK WITH MAID /COOK FOR ALL OF US ABOUT HALF OF WHAT AN HOTEL/all inclusive would cost your input is appreciated as we have never rented a villa thanks leo

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: villa vs. hotel

by Odinnthor Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Depends on what you like. The AIs will of course have all the built in entertainment/bar/club environment, which you will not have at the villa. Of courswe there are plenty of places for such on Antigua anyway.

The Gordon House is on the far eastern side of the island, a good 30-40 minutes from St. John, so a car is needed, - and a designated driver....

I think the house is not on a beach per se but they are close. No, I have not stayed there, so not sure of what it entails, but I have been at the Long Bay Hotel/Resort, and the Gordon House has some kind of deal with them for use of their facilities. However Long Bay Hotel is usually closed for the summer.

Personally, I prefer a villa over AIs any day, but like I said AIs come with all the entertainment on site. The house can handle more people than just four, so two more couples would cut the cost even more. Have fun.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answer Locations