Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge question

by swdke Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 8:13 AM

In looking at Antigua tours, some offer a 4 hr island tour, followed by some time on the beach. They also offer an extended option of adding Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge, but to do so, this cuts into beach time. So I was wondering, is Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge worth visiting? Granted, this is a personal decision, some people might want beach time, others not. Personally, I don't have enough information to make a decision. Hoping someone here who has been to Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge, might be able to share about it. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Betty's Hope and Devi's Bridge question

by Odinnthor Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 8:09 PM

We meet again....d:o)
    Did the prior questions get answered properly?

I have been to both Betty's and the Bridge.

You are right that this is more a personal interest question. I think Betty's Hope is worth a visit, but that is just me. It is an old sugar plantation mostly in ruins now. I obviously cannot tell if it is of interest to you so here is a closer look.

antiguamuseums.org/bettyshop...

Same with the Devil's Bridge. It is a beautiful natural formation to be sure, but for me, having seen so much similar stuff, it is not of as much interest as is betty's Hope. However, this is entirely my personal opinion. Here is a closer look.

antiguanice.com/v2/client.ph...

paradise-islands.org/antigua...

Yosu can review both places on TripAdvisor, and read what other people have to say about their visit.

tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Dev...

and

tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Bet...

Hope this helps.......

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answer Locations