Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answers

change location

Antigua traveller going to St Lucia..

by V.D.G. Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 7:31 PM

I was wondering if some one here, on ANU forum who have been to both islands would be able to give a practical advise on what to expect on SLU?
My wife and I are planning to be there in December and go around explore the island. I remember that we could venture out basically any time of the day or night to St Johns or English harbour for a meal out or drinks. Will it be the same on SLU?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Galesjam's Profile Photo

Re: Antigua traveller going to St Lucia..

by Galesjam Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Me and my wife have been to both ANU and SLU. In ANU we have stayed in Dickenson Bay area, but rented a car and travelled all over the island (Devils Bridge, English Harbour, St Johns and even a day trip over to Barbuda). We very much liked being able to just get up and go out at more or less any time.

SLU we found a little harder to get around than ANU for going out for drinks and meals, but it really depends on where you are staying. We stayed in Rodney’s Bay area (near Pigeon Island) and rented a car for only 3 days (wished we had it for longer). There are definitely various places to eat and drink around the island, but they tend to be around the main areas (Rodney Bay, Castries, Soufriere & Marigot Point).

Have a look at a map of SLU to work out where is best. Normally you will have more choice around places where hotels are:
    caribbean-on-line.com/island...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Antigua and Barbuda Travel Answer Locations