Antigua Guatemala Travel Answers

change location

What spanish school would you recommend?

by daisyven Online Now Apr 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I want a spanish school that can provide homestay accomodation and that has a really friendly vibe. I'll be traveling alone and wish to do a month long spanish course...so I'll really want to meet other travelers at the same time as improving my spanish by staying with a spanish speaking family. I think I just said the same thing twice!

Many Thanks
Daisy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: What spanish school would you recommend?

by danprokop Online Now May 1, 2010 at 6:31 AM

i´m in antigua right now with my kids staying at the CLI school. Their internet site is spanishcontact.com. The school has apartments for students as well as homestay. am now in an apartment but did a homestay when i was here in feb this year. The cost of an apartment is about 300 us per week. you don´t want to cook, they have a maid who will do that for you for a small fee. The cost of homestay was 17 per day for bed and 3 meals...except weekends only breakfast. I found out that if i had booked the homestay directly it would have been only 12 per day...guess the school adds 5 to the fee. The home was clean and spacious, with 6 bedrooms for students on the main floor. The family lived upstairs and consisted of grandma grandpa, mom and dad and two kids aged 5 and 12. The food was great, not one repeat meal during the two weeks i was there. The walk to the school is about 2 minute and the school itself is 5 minutes from the main square. I have the address of the homestay back in Canada and I can send it to you when I get back next week. Good luck and you will find antigua heaven on earth so plan for some fun too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines