Antarctica Travel Answers

change location

Do you know Tundra Travel?

by John&John Online Now Oct 2, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Wanna go to Antarctica. Does anybody know www.tundratravel.com? They have good deals, but don't know them. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Do you know Tundra Travel?

by Odinnthor Online Now Oct 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I don't know them either, but often you can get an idea from the information on a operator's website, if you know what to look for. So I took a closer look.

First, I had to go into the Privacy Policy Page to find out where they operate from, which you should not have to so. They are located in Barcelona, Spain.

They say they have been around for 10 years but the website is faily new, as can be seen from some pages being incomplete, like the "Legal Page" which says only "Coming Soon". That could be why the "Staff" page is pretty much empty, aside from saying they have good guides. A Staff page ususally will have photos of some of them.

They will also share your personal information with other "entities" unless you specifically tell them not to. Quite common, - but still......

Much can be told by an operator's affiliations, like IATA and AFTA and similar affiliations like local operator associations. All good operators will spend considerable time and money aquiring such affiliations, as they contribute to their overall acceptance within the industry. None to be found here.

They say they have tours to Iceland (my country), but it took a while before I found a page, which did have some vague information about Iceland, and not completely correct. It appears that they will see how many inquiries they will get before actually form a tour there.

All that said, none of the above necessarily means that they are not a good operator. I am simply looking at the available information, but it does give pause for thought. Having worked for several operators, and being quite proficient at finding good, - or bad ones on the web, - I really can only say that you should take my observations for what they are worth and reach your own conclusions.

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Antarctica Travel Answer Locations