by feats Online Now Apr 7, 2008 at 6:53 AM

how difficult is it to get to "avenue of the baobabs?"

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • DAO's Profile Photo

THE WISDOM OF DAO

by DAO Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Hi,

I have a local travel guide on my Madagascar page. If you email him he can tell you the difficulty involved transportation-wise.

Have a great time.

All the best,

DAO

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: solo travel

by domhr Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 5:02 AM

Some people I know were there a few weeks ago.

The most diificult part is the road from Antananarivo to Morondava, especially after Miandrivazo although it's better now as there were some rehabilitation. From Morondava, those people went by bike to the "Allée des baobabs" and back during the same day: it's feasible... though somewhat tiresome

by ken37 Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 5:13 AM

Hello, the baobab avenue is 24km from the town on the red path road to BELO TSIRIBIHINAand then if you want to drive from TANA to MORONDAVA after MIANDRIVAZO to MALAIMBANDY is not good road you 'll take 05-06hours for 110km and it's hard for the European people but any way that's most be better for you ask the freelance guide who can organise your trip so i want to recommand you the guide who speak english well and has many experience with this area , i had unforgetable visit with him , i had took the river trip and tsingy with him.This is his adress: fihlusko07@hotmail.com
    GOOD LUCK
    Ken

by Xarli2 Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Hi,

If you want to go to "avenue of the baobabs" and you have enough time, I recommend you to make a river trip in the Tsiribihina river. We made it last September with Rijatours

http://www.rijatours.mg/

and we enjoyed it a lot, you take the wooden boat in Miandrivazo and you downward the river for three days, it was an amazing experience, we saw lemurs, crocodiles, ... we spend the nights setting camps at the sand bank... It was one of the best experiences that we have. After the river trip, we visited the National Park of Tsingy of Bemaraha and then we visited the Avenue of Baobabs. You need one week to do all of this but you will enjoy it a lot.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines