Annecy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beach Bianca

Le Cap d'Agde Aug 11, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Asking again.........does any one happen to know the Name of the Guy who runs the Beachbar AND Mattresses and Parasols on Beach Bianca.

Thanks

more
    • Bus from Airport

La Rochelle Aug 28, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Hi, I am travelling to La Rochelle on Monday next for 7 days. I believe I can get a bus from the airport. We are staying in the Axe Hotel, Rue de la Fabrique, La Rochelle,. would we be able to get the bus to the hotel or would it be better to get a taxi. Any idea how much a taxi would cost. Thanks in advance

more
    • ingridhoffman's Profile Photo

Hotel or B&B in Pau France

Pau Aug 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Hi, I travel a lot and I'm always looking for a special small hotel or B&B where ever I go. Can someone advise me on that one? Thanks, ingrid, the Netherlands

more
    • st tropez in early sept

Nice Aug 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM

is st tropez still happening in early sept ? beaches , nightclubs etc?

more
    • Dog friendly

Moëlan-sur-Mer Aug 18, 2015 at 3:36 AM

Are the beaches dog friendly

more
    • Parking in Honfleur

Honfleur Aug 26, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Hi, Myself and a Friend are doing an 8 day cycle tour round france. I was cheaper t take the car and park in le harve than pay £80 parking in Portsmouth but I am now wondering if that will be safe and whether we should drive the short distance to honfluer which we planned to stop at and park there for the 8 days.. Does anyone have any experience of good places to park in honluer for longer than 24 hours , if it is safe and if not what le harve is like for parking (safe wise). Thanks in advance. Finding it really hard to find out!

more
    • Places to visit

Verneuil-sur-Avre Aug 18, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Hi we come next week and wondered what the best places were to visit, we have a 9 year old and a 3 year old.

Also is there anywhere good in the rain? Don't mind travelling to get somewhere good

Thanks

more
    • Arriving in dieppe at 4am

Dieppe Aug 13, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Hi, we are planning to take the 11pm ferry from newhaven which arrives in dieppe at 4am. We will be on foot and want to see dieppe and Rouen on our way to/from Paris by train.

Questions;
      - when is the 1st shuttle bus to take us into dieppe town?
      - how far is it to walk? And how much would a taxi be?
      - what amenities are there at the ferry port if we end up having to wait a few hours for the first shuttle?

thanks

more
    • Camping stores in Cherbourg

Cherbourg Aug 9, 2015 at 4:18 AM

Hi All,

Is there any camping stores in cherbourg??

Thanks,

Rob

more
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Beach clubs

Saint-Jean-de-Luz Aug 8, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Can I rent an umbrella and beach chair in advance from one of the beach clubs?

more
    • Sharonov's Profile Photo

How Far is the Airport from the City

Toulouse 6 hours ago

We'll be in the Dordogne region for three weeks, flying in and out of Toulouse. I plan to return my car a couple of days before leaving to go home, and spending a few days in the city. Should I just stay by the airport or is it too far from the city to make it feasible? In the same vein, is there any kind of train or bus that goes from central Toulouse to the airport?

more
    • keysys's Profile Photo

Xmas eve in Bourges

Bourges Aug 23, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if restaurants and bars are likely to be open on December 24th in the evening ?

more
    • hillelarkin's Profile Photo

corsica or sardinia

Corsica Aug 21, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I plan for 10-14 days vacations starting 2nd week of September and would like to decide btw. Corsica and Sardinia. Any insight to help my decision will be appreciated. For both places I assume that I will fly (from Israel) to Italy or France and take a ferry to one of the islands.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

My Nice trip queries

Nice Aug 15, 2015 at 2:01 AM

I have the following queries regarding my trip next week - please help!

- I will be in Nice on sunday and monday. Cours saleya market was only half-a-day on sunday and not open on Monday. I will have around 30-45 mins to spend at this place before close. Will this place at it best being closing time or they would have wind-up everything at the close time.

- I find from map that I may need to travel 1.5 to 2kms between my wish list places few times. Tram is not helping much as google maps shows walk + tram is almost same as walking the distance fully. Being with my daughters aged 10 and 6, I find the planned walking distance too much for a day - if I want to use taxi less than 2km, how much will they charge me - are taxi ranks common.

more
    • 1 day bordeaux

Bordeaux Aug 11, 2015 at 2:37 AM

1 september im stay in bordeaux . I want to visite several tastings vine on 2 people.
      1- How much
      2- addresses of places
      3- russian guide?

have car

more
    • local taxi companies BASED in Cap d;agde

Languedoc-Roussillon Aug 9, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Hi all,
      despite going to cap d'agde for holidays for many years, we have never had to use a taxi as we have always had the car.
      Our next trip will have to be without the car as age has finally beaten us I'm afraid. How we will cope I just don't know but Cap d'Agde is too good to miss.
      So I am hoping it will be possible to travel to where we want to travel by Taxi . For instance..... locally to the town, or to Beziers or a trip to Montpelier or to Agde ( I know there is a bus to Agde so that would not be too bad) .

What I need information about, is to know if there IS a local Taxi Company or taxi companies actually based IN Cap D'agde so that we would be able to call one locally ie quickly without having to call them in from Agde or further away than that.

any help on this would be really appreciated.

more
    • What Station?

Paris Aug 7, 2015 at 2:45 PM

We need to get from Montmartre by rail to Arquebusiers La Maris District. We are staying at Rue Lamarck, Montmartre.

more
    • Hire of 28 Seat Coach for 1 day tour of Monaco starting and finishing in Nice

Nice Sep 1, 2015 at 2:41 PM

I wish to hire a 28 seat coach with driver and or tour guide for a tour of Monaco and Eze. Our group will be based in Nice.

more
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

Guarded parking near Museum of Modern Art

Lille Aug 26, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Hi, I am looking for a guarded parking near the Museum of Modern Art I see that there is an open parking nearby . But as I am travelling from Amsterdam to Alicante to spent the winter, I need to be sure that my car is parked in a secure area. Thanks for your replies. Louise

more
    • s083629's Profile Photo

Hotel near the airport

France Aug 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Requesting a recommendation for a comfortable hotel with easy access to CDG Airport. One night stay only (possibly with something interesting nearby). Flight is at 1pm the next day. Alternatively, are there any B&Bs nearby?

more
    • Visit to Louvre Museum

Paris Aug 31, 2015 at 1:06 PM

During my Paris visit I shall be staying at Hotel Novotel Marne La Vallée Collégien, 2 Allée des Portes de la Forêt, Z.A.E Les Portes de la Forêt, 77090 Collégien, France. Pls advise cheapest mode of transport for visit to Louvre Museum from hotel.

more
    • options of places to stay apart from Nice. ☺

Nice Aug 26, 2015 at 10:05 PM

We are staying in Barcelona till 30th and are looking to stay somewhere with a beach or pool for a couple of days before we go to Paris. have thought of Nice but wondered if there was anywhere else people could suggest. Open to anyt hing as long as it is budget and accessible by public transport! thanks heaps in advance

more
    • Paris Transportation

Paris Aug 22, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Approximately how much would a Taxi cost from CDG airport to Notre Dame?

more
    • Weather in december

Nice Sep 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Planning on visiting south of France and Istanbul in December. What is the weather like? I know it's not too warm but not too cold either. Traveling from the United States! Feedback please!

more
    • History of Isigny sur mer

Isigny-sur-Mer Aug 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Was the family of Walt Disney ever a part of this area?

more
    • Luggage storage in Annecy

by AmyT45 Online Now Jul 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I will have a day trip to Annecy. I have heard that there is no locker in the train station.
      Where can I store my luggage? Any suggestions?
      Thanks!
      Amy

3 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 12:28 PM
    • The best area to stay in Annecy

by SuKoco Online Now Jul 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM

My wife and I will be staying in Annecy for 2 nights next month.
      We will arrive in Geneva on Saturday at 2 PM and most likely will have to take a private shuttle to Annecy because according to http://www.frossard.eu/ they only have one shuttle bus from the airport and that is at 21:10.
      They have a lot more shuttle services from Annecy to Geneva when we leave on Monday.
      Can anyone tell me where the bus shuttle will stop in Annecy? Is it the Annecy North bus station?

Where will be the best area to stay in Annecy? Perhaps if I can have a hotel as a reference point that would be great.

Is it advisable to do a 1/2 or 1 day tour?

Thank you.

5 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 11:50 PM
    • Annecy or Nice?

by Amandatan Online Now Jun 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Hi all! My friends and I are caught up between the two cities to visit. We have about 4 days 3 nights to spend in total (Over the weekend), and would like to spend it in one of the cities. We'll be visiting in either the last week of September or the first week of October. Any advice on weather, things to see/do would be great!!

We heard that Nice is a really nice place (but I'm not sure why when I googled it, it doesnt seem as pretty as Annecy).

Thank you in advance!
      Amanda

12 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM
    • Art Markets, things to see

by Frannoo Online Now Dec 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I am staying 13th Jan to 17th Jan and would like to know if there are any Art Markets or galleries.

Also what would you say are the top things to see in Annecy?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Summer weather: end July/beg August

by weehb Online Now Sep 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I was looking into staying in Avignon and Provence for 2 weeks next summer, but a few folks have said it would be way too hot and hectic in Avignon to enjoy it with young children (age 5 and 7). So, another friend has suggested Annecy. I know little about it, but thought I might as well start with the weather, with that being the nail in the Avignon coffin. From what I've scanned on wunderground, Annecy looks incredibly mixed: rain, sun, 30C, 19C all in one week. Is it really very changeable (with the mountains and all)? Is there much to do with kids if the weather turns cold and wet? I'm interested in wandering the old town/eating outside at night so kids can have some freedom, and swimming in the lake/cycling/walking a bit .... thanks for any advice. I'd just like to see if it is go-er b4 I plough as much research into it as I did Provence.

6 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    • Vegetarian

by FranK1358 Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Hi there.

My partner and I have booked to visit in January. I am vegetarian and wondered if anyone could recommend veggie friendly places to eat? I know that it is tricky in this area but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    • day trips from Annecy

by Masharubi Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 9:09 AM

My husband and I (age 720 will be in Annecy for 2 weeks in Sept. with a car. We're interested in suggestions for day
      trips both by car and/or train. (We'll of course explore Annecy and take the boat to the towns around the lake, and
      we've already been to Chamonix.) Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

shuttle to geneva airport

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM

is there a shuttle that can get you from annency to geneva airport in less than the 2 hours
      it seems to take the public transports?
      do any hotels provide direct shuttles to the airport?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    • Best mode of public transport?

by DennyR1 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM

What is most scenic way to get from Annecy to Lyon Part Dieu?

11 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • Day Trip from Annecy to Mont Blanc

by beejay421 Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM

We will be in Annecy for a little more than a week in early September. Is it possible to take a day trip up Mont Blanc from there by public transport. Is there a public tour that makes that trip in a day. What other towns would be interesting for day trips from Annecy. Thanks for the help.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Geneva-- Annecy

by sandeepgarg Online Now May 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM

We are a group of 9, land at Geneva on 14th May morning at 8.20 am.

We would 1st like to go to ANNECY (preferably by road -- old??), and return by late afternoon to see some of Geneva.

Can we get a minibus for this portion, about 6-7 hours I think? Is this viable?

3 Answers May 6, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Geneva Annecy

by sandeepgarg Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

We are a group of 9. We land at Geneva airport on 14th May at 8.20 AM.

We would 1st like to wander around Geneva for a few hours

Then go to ANNECY in late afternoon (preferably by road -- old??), and stay the night there.

Reach Lausanne by the 15th May afternoon. (Next day -- 16th-- want to visit Gruyere and Broc and then onto Interlaken)

We will have the Swiss train Railpass.

How do we work this out, if it is feasible?? Especially the Geneva- Annecy -Lausanne portion. The costing should not be too high.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    • festivals in annecy

by barrywdavis Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM

what festivals are there in Annecy and what are the dates?

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    • Fashion Accessories

by kindnesstoanimals Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Hello,
      I am looking for the best place in Annecy to shop for fashion accessories. Belts, hats, jewelry, etc.
      Thank you,
      Stacy

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 4:05 AM
    • best hotels in Old Town

by lynnmullin Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Which hotels would you recommend in the Old Town? We will be there only 1 afternoon and 1 night on our way to Geneva airport.

3 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • Annecy by rental car from Nice - is it worth visiting / driving (travelling end Jan 2014)?

by pratulc Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Hello, my wife and I intend driving from Nice at the end of January for 3 days and then on to Paris. Could I get some help in making my decisions: (apologies for the copious questions)
      Is winter the fine to visit Annecy?
      Are the roads safe - will soft tyres do on the rental car or do I need chains?
      Do I understand correctly that the best route from Nice would be by via Geneva?
      Do I need to book accommodation in advance my stay to get a 'reasonable' price?
      To travel to Paris from Annecy do I need to head towards Lyon?
      If the questions are too many, I am happy to do the research if I am pointed in the right direction.
      Thanks in advance - Pratul

13 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • Vik84's Profile Photo

Cycling around Annecy in November?

by Vik84 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Hi, I am planning to experience something crazy, decided to cycle around Annecy in November !!! :)

Can anyone share experience of cycling around Annecy in November. My plan is to go Semnoz (1700 m) and then cycle around lake !!

Would appreciate your answers !!!

3 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    • elisabethsb's Profile Photo

Best Way to Travel from Lyon to Annecy

by elisabethsb Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I'm planning a trip from Montpellier up through the Rhone-Alpes region in November with my mom. Although we're hoping to visit Lyon, we would absolutely LOVE to spend a day in Annecy. I've been comparing shuttles and trains, but would really appreciate some advice -- so, in your opinion, what is the best way to get from Lyon to Annecy?

(PS. Bonus question: what is the city like in November? Is it a good time to visit or would we be better off elsewhere?)

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • Hiking in Annecy

by shobajolly Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I am not an experienced hiker but would like to go up into the mountains surrounding lake Annecy. What is the best way to achieve this? I am a photographer and want to capture views from the mountains over the lake.
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Looking to rent an apartment for 8 months

by LRX Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Looking for apartment or nice room rental for 8 months while teaching in Annecy, France. Small budget any suggestions where to look?

3 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    • AriadnaF's Profile Photo

IFALPES

by AriadnaF Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hi, I'm planning to attend French classes in IFALPES for 1 month this summer (August) and I've a couple of questions about life in Annecy. 1) WHich is the best way to travel from Gèneve airport to Annecy? 2) How is the atmosphere? 3) Which is the range of ages of the majority of the students? 3) There is night life? 4) Do you recommend it?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • AriadnaF's Profile Photo

IFALPES

by AriadnaF Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hi, I'm planning to attend French classes in IFALPES for 1 month this summer (August) and I've a couple of questions about life in Annecy. 1) WHich is the best way to travel from Gèneve airport to Annecy? 2) How is the atmosphere? 3) Which is the range of ages of the majority of the students? 3) There is night life? 4) Do you recommend it?
      Thank you.

-1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • Etape Du Tour - access to Annecy

by charkit Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Hi - we are arriving in Annecy on sunday, and i see the etape du tour is on that day. How busy will the town be? Will we be able to get parked? I see some roads are shut during the day, will that affect getting into the town from Geneva?

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • Getting there

by Leeniedd Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I will be in Lyon at the end of August/beginning of September and would like to take a day trip to Annecy about September 2. Does anyone know about bus schedules there and back?

6 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

Transportation

by MATALON Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

In many towns in Europe I found card for visitor for different time ' from a day to a week.
      We plan to be at Annecy for a whole week and make a lot of touring on the lake to the mountains and on the ground .
      So - is there a local " bargain " which deal with all kind of transportation to encourage visitors ??

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Dog friendly beaches

by Purplepixiepie Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Where are the dog friendly beaches around lake annecy? Nowhere seems to allow dogs and it is hot so want my dog to be able to stay cool

7 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Wedding in Annecy

by nuraybur Online Now May 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Hello,
      We are planning to get married in Annecy this summer and looking for DJ / musicians for the reception.
      Are there any you can suggest ?
      We are a mixed couple from Cameroon &Turkey and we love Latin/ Salsa/R&B/Party and African Music ....
      Thanks for your help :))

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • Annecy to Thonon Les Bains

by rapscalli Online Now May 15, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I am travelling from Annecy to Thonon Les Bains, is it worth visiting Chamonix on the way through? Or will it add unnecessary time to the journey?

If not i will follow part ot the Route des Grandes Alpes

losapos.com/great_alpine_roa...

4 Answers May 15, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • Someone can take us to Geneva's airport on Sunday?May 5th

by saraubeda Online Now May 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We need to get to Geneva's airport on Sunday before 2pm and we were wondering if anyone could take us for some money??we don't have much money but we could negotiate a price..
      Thank you in advance

2 Answers May 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    • Someone can take us to Geneva's airport on Sunday?May 5th

by saraubeda Online Now May 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We need to get to Geneva's airport on Sunday before 2pm and we were wondering if anyone could take us for some money??we don't have much money but we could negotiate a price..
      Thank you in advance

3 Answers May 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM