Annecy Travel Answers

change location

Annecy for one day - tips please

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Hi

I will be in Annecy for one day in August ( i know 1 day is not enough)and was wondering what the must see areas and locations are.

I would also like some tips for bars and restauarants and best areas for dining, drinking and relaxing etc.

Thanks in Advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Annecy for one day - tips please

by angiebabe Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Well I would say that there are must-see places in beautiful Annecy such as the castle on top of the hill, photos of the beautiful lake, the famous little building in the middle of the river that was a prison, a walk around the old streets in the city centre.
    I reckon a whole day is more than enough though. I had half or 3/4 a day and did and saw quite a bit.
    Try looking at members travel pages that have tips and pics - such as vter Dabs - her page has a good link to the local tourist offices website with some lovely photos

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Annecy for one day - tips please

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

We love Annecy. It's very walkable. Try to visit the Gardens of Europe right on the Lake. The Old Town is small but lovely. If you walk through the Old Town up the hill, you come to the Chateau. Cathedral St. Pierre is worth a visit. The Palais de l'Ile http://musees.agglo-annecy.fr/ is interesting. There are many galleries and tourist shops if you enjoy those. Otherwise, enjoy the general ambience.

Our favorite restaurant is Beau Soleil (look at my name and you'll know why). It's is on the Quai de l'Eveche just past the Palais de l'Ile. We always get fondue there; family tradition. ;^)

It's not a gourmet restaurant but sitting outside by the river watching swans and eating one of our favorite comfort foods, it is just great for us and I recommend it. There are many restaurants along the quai and great people watching.

Have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines