Annecy Travel Answers

change location

any russian speakers?jobs for eu members?

by pupabr Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 3:25 AM

we are planing to move to annecy and my french is very basic, will be working on it. how can i meet english and russian speakers there? is there any work were russian language needed?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: any russian speakers?jobs for eu members?

by qaminari Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 6:40 AM

My reply would be the same as regards your question for Amiens, except that the reference to Russian seems to confirm what I said about the problem for citizens of new Member States (I assume you must be from one of the Baltic States?) who are not yet entitled to work in the EU without a work permit (except in the UK, Ireland and Sweden who - by derogation from the general EU situation under the transitional arrangements that apply until at least 2009 - have a registration scheme instead).
    Annecy is more of a tourist destination than Amiens, so there may be casual work available in hotels and restaurants, but probably only during the tourist season. However, I don't think they get huge numbers of Russian-speaking tourists or have much other call for Russian speakers.
    Here is an online jobs site for Annecy, if you can get someone to help you translate it into French you could put your CV on it: annecy.enligne-fr.com/mini_c...
    Incidentally, these are not really travel questions you are asking, I would advise you to read the Travel Forum guidelines.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines