Annapurna Himal Travel Answers

change location

looking for trekking friends!

by conorroth Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 5:47 AM

hello all!
hope you are all well, I am hoping to find compadres for a wee three week trek in the hills of anapourna sometime in early september. At the moment it is just me! I have a guide organised so any guides need not reply to this message thankyou! Hoping to get a bunch of fun loving folk together who are moderately fit and who are very happy! please message me back if you are interested, thanks for reading, conor

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: looking for trekking friends!

by into-thin-air Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Best advice I can give you here Conor is to increase your chances of finding a trek-mate you could read the Travelling Companions and Trekking & Mountaineering boards on Lonely Planet Thorntree’s and see if there is anyone else trekking around the same time to team up with and if not pop up your own thread.
    Also there is a new website specifically for finding trekking partners that would also be worthwhile copying you post to
    http://trekkingpartners.com/
    And hit the “Partner Adds” tab, there are a lot of solo trekkers advertising for trek-mates now so I would be surprised if you didn’t find someone suitable

Good luck
    Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: looking for trekking friends!

by sunnysfeather Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Hello Conor!
    I'm currently volunteering in Pokhara for almost a month now, would like to go onto a trek for the last week of my stay, which is also going to be in early September... I'm also looking for people to go with as well, can you tell me a bit more about your plans? I would love to hear more:)

Sunny

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines