Annapurna Himal Travel Answers

change location

where to trek?

by lucy1963 Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Hi.My trek in early april is my first and my fitness is average.also i'm travelling on my own.I have 7 days to trek from pokhara and back.any tips please for good treks in that time?i dont want to have a porter,what size backpac will i need,Is it safe enough without a guide,it seems silly to have one on a short trek,am i right??it would be v good to have some advice,Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sajesh's Profile Photo

RE: where to trek?

by sajesh Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 1:37 AM

hi,
    i am sajesh from nepal. i am travel and tourism graduate. and i am still student. i have been to trekking around annpurna for 5 days. it is very good if u trek in group and with guide. u don't have to hire guide bu urself. all the group will be sharing the guides and porters.
    i would like to learn foreign culture and people, if u like me to find suitable package then please send me ur views to me at badesajesh@hotmail.com.
    i take my great pleasure in serving u
    till then cheer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • canuck11's Profile Photo

RE: where to trek?

by canuck11 Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 1:00 AM

I think you should at least hire a local guide. The Nepalese are very friendly and it will add to your experience. A good guide can educate you on their culture and surroundings that you will otherwise miss.

• Re: where to trek?

by syd04 Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 5:45 AM

hi. with 7 days, the best trek fr pokhara is the Poon Hill trek. u can do it in 5 days. the rest of the time, u can just laze around in pohkara. enjoy yr holiday.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines