Annapolis Travel Answers

change location

Looking for sailboat for short photo shoot

by MCMattei Online Now Apr 23, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Hi, I am a photographer considering the idea of doing fine art photography photo shoot featuring the sails on a antique yacht or 3 - 5 sail boat.

The photo shoot iteself would only consist of a short period of time, with just myself (the photographer) and maybe 20 - 30 minutes actual shoot time. I am looking to photograph the sails from different angles while on board.

I will be visiting Maryland from April 27 - May 4, 2005 and would like to know if anyone is interested in volunteering their vessel and sailing skills for this endeavor. In exchange I would provide you with fine art prints of the photo shoot and would be happy to photograph anything else you may need while on board, with prints provided.

The sailing itself would only be a short excursion lasting about 20 - 30 minutes. I am interested in setting sail from the location of Annapolis or St. Michaels as I will be driving in from Odenton and previously from PA.

I prefer that the sail be while or off white, without any large markings (ID numbers are fine). If you think you may be interested please contact me directly through email at ProPhotoByMCM@aol.com.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for sailboat for short photo shoot

by zuriga Online Now Apr 24, 2005 at 3:02 AM

If you don't have much luck, try contacting the Annapolis Sailing School. They might be able to help you out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jelw's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for sailboat for short photo shoot

by jelw Online Now Apr 24, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Perhaps you would have better luck if you put one or two of your photos up on your homepage. Let us know a bit about you. Do you have an external website or references?
    Best of luck.
    Jill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines